returning player looking for new start

Hey, So I'm thinking about returning to the game, but I don't know anyone on the server which I'm on. Is there any 'reroll' project or something like that going about? I don't mind changing servers. I probably forgot allot about the game, so I really don't mind moving.

Your choice of server matters very little outside WvW with the exception of the region you chose (NA or EU). Maps you enter will automatically put you in a populated map, rather than just with people from your chosen server.

If you get heavily into WvW, you may end up wanting to switch servers so you can play with your clan (if you are in one/join one) etc but you'll be able to play with them in the PvE portion of the game as long as your servers in the same region.

@"Mnoster.2159" said:Hey, So I'm thinking about returning to the game, but I don't know anyone on the server which I'm on. Is there any 'reroll' project or something like that going about? I don't mind changing servers. I probably forgot allot about the game, so I really don't mind moving.

all servers are merged and only differ by region (NA/EU) when it comes to PvP and PvE/Openworld. but that's only with regards to "seeing each other" or being together in once instance/zone. --- you can actually join an EU guild for example and just chat with them but be unable to group up or see them in pve/pvp/wvw.

what do you mean by "reroll" project? like a fresh start server? if so, then no, gw2 has never had one such thing (partly because of the megaserver thing as mentioned so it's pointless since everyone plays on the same "server" and also because there's no demand for such a thing---- maybe in the far future if we ever get a GW2 Classic just like WoW lol)

So according to the search I just did a 'reroll project' is where a bunch of World of Warcraft players all start brand new characters at the same time on the same server (sometimes, but seemingly not always, a "dead" server) so they can experience levelling up together in a group, or at least on a server where the starter maps will be populated with other people levelling up.

I'm not aware of any equivalent in GW2, but that's partially because there's no need for it. This game is designed so that you're never really done with any map, even at level 80 there will be collections, achievements, even story steps which send you back through low level maps, and thanks to the downlevelling system and shared kills the ability for high level characters to dominate the map is limited (it still happens, but not to the same extent as in other games). More importantly though the game is very alt friendly so it's very common for people to be levelling new characters even if they've got one at level 80 already, and new people still come into the game too. Between the three (and the megaserver system already mentioned) there's no need to worry that you'll be on an empty map if you restart.

There are guilds focused on helping new and returning players, or simply those who are still working their way through lower level content who I'm sure would be happy to have you and help you familiarise yourself with the game again. But my advice would be to start by simply making a new character and playing them from the begining, without worrying about which sever you're on.

@"Danikat.8537" said:So according to the search I just did a 'reroll project' is where a bunch of World of Warcraft players all start brand new characters at the same time on the same server (sometimes, but seemingly not always, a "dead" server) so they can experience levelling up together in a group, or at least on a server where the starter maps will be populated with other people levelling up.

I'm not aware of any equivalent in GW2, but that's partially because there's no need for it. This game is designed so that you're never really done with any map, even at level 80 there will be collections, achievements, even story steps which send you back through low level maps, and thanks to the downlevelling system and shared kills the ability for high level characters to dominate the map is limited (it still happens, but not to the same extent as in other games). More importantly though the game is very alt friendly so it's very common for people to be levelling new characters even if they've got one at level 80 already, and new people still come into the game too. Between the three (and the megaserver system already mentioned) there's no need to worry that you'll be on an empty map if you restart.

There are guilds focused on helping new and returning players, or simply those who are still working their way through lower level content who I'm sure would be happy to have you and help you familiarise yourself with the game again. But my advice would be to start by simply making a new character and playing them from the begining, without worrying about which sever you're on.

there is also the fact that many things are account bound like masteries (mounts, gliders, autoloot) and all your currencies earned (wallet, karma, gold,etc.) so starting "fresh" or a reroll in that context (as you were able to search) is never fully possible with GW2 unless you create a new account

If you want to start completely fresh, the only real option is to make a new account and start from scratch because any account bound stuff you unlocked will be already available for any new character and whatever server you go to.

But that only goes so far because there's no "new servers" if you mean fresh economy and the like because there's just 2 megaservers for 2 regions and the economy is even shared between them.

@"Danikat.8537" said:So according to the search I just did a 'reroll project' is where a bunch of World of Warcraft players all start brand new characters at the same time on the same server (sometimes, but seemingly not always, a "dead" server) so they can experience levelling up together in a group, or at least on a server where the starter maps will be populated with other people levelling up.Someone who takes his time to do some search before replying :)I didn't know this practice was called "reroll project" lol. Always helpful Danikat. This is the second Helpful today eh, that's enough!