Older Backpacks Dye-able?

ANet will never look back or rework or update anything. If they could sell you the same backpieces again, maybe, but I wouldn't hope for it. Hell you get backpieces for having 39 and 42k AP which aren't dyeable and have no glider attached to them because they were made in 2013(or something along those lines) and ANet never looks back unless there's monetization involved.

• 11 months later...

I know this is old, but I just bought the skeletal glider and backpack combo, thinking they'd both be dyeable, and nope, only the glider.

.. so now I'm stuck between either not dyeing anything, or not wearing the backpack. and tbh that default green is too kitten neon for my taste.

pls anet. I don't mean "make all backpacks dyeable", but changing the ones that come with a glider should be easy, since the model is the same.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, niky.8019 said:

I know this is old, but I just bought the skeletal glider and backpack combo, thinking they'd both be dyeable, and nope, only the glider.

.. so now I'm stuck between either not dyeing anything, or not wearing the backpack. and tbh that default green is too kitten neon for my taste.

pls anet. I don't mean "make all backpacks dyeable", but changing the ones that come with a glider should be easy, since the model is the same.

The glider is not an item, they would have to recode the backpack into the new kind of item that allow it to be dyable.

Hence why they said old backpacks would not become dyable.

But who knows maybe they go back and make all the old ones dyable as part of their steam launch new player experience stick.