Can I have my 50 gold back?

Big sorry for necro-posting this thread, but the situation has slightly changed:

The Dragon Slayer Mastery does influence the loot from the home-instance node. We are talking about

We have already realized, without the Masteries you get 1-2 Prismaticite Crystals from one charge and two junk-items from the remaining charges. However each of the above mentioned Masteries will replace the junk with additional Prismaticite Crystals. Now you can get up to 5 Crystals from the node (daily).

So I revoke my complaint. However locking the loot of a gathering node behind a 6 tier Mastery Track is questionable at best. I really hope this was a test and they never do it again.

Really? With the usual sets containing 16 weapons (no underwater ... then it would be more) and 22.5 days per weapon (according to your calculation) ... it would mean "just" 1 year to complete a set.

That is not a lot. If you focus on other stuff and just do this as side stuff while playing other things. Seems fine to me. Mos tother nodes even cost a lot and need years (or at least 1 year) to earn the money they cost. And here I mean the ones you can buy from TP (that usually cost 100 statuettes).

@Delita Silverburg.8632 said:This is more of a PSA than anything else. I know I'm not gonna get my 50 gold back, but hopefully I can save others from my fate. The Prismaticite home instance node provides either 1 or 2 prismaticite per day based on the last 5 days of collecting. It is totally not worth it, given the fact that you need 30 to make a weapon from the collection. That's an average of 1 weapon every 22.5 days. They are really trying to force you into doing the DRMs since you can't farm the material anywhere else. SAVE YOUR GOLD!

O honey. This is so wrong. It gives more the higher your IB mastery, your dragon slaying specifically I believe (I've been maxing as we go along). I hope people who saw your post see this subtext. This is a bit strange in that this is one of the few nodes that behaves this way, but I've made tons off of mine. Best 50g ever spent.

@Firebeard.1746 said:

@Delita Silverburg.8632 said:This is more of a PSA than anything else. I know I'm not gonna get my 50 gold back, but hopefully I can save others from my fate. The Prismaticite home instance node provides either 1 or 2 prismaticite per day based on the last 5 days of collecting. It is totally not worth it, given the fact that you need 30 to make a weapon from the collection. That's an average of 1 weapon every 22.5 days. They are really trying to force you into doing the DRMs since you can't farm the material anywhere else. SAVE YOUR GOLD!

O honey. This is so wrong. It gives more the higher your IB mastery, your dragon slaying specifically I believe (I've been maxing as we go along). I hope people who saw your post see this subtext. This is a bit strange in that this is one of the few nodes that behaves this way, but I've made tons off of mine. Best 50g ever spent.

Check the date on the post you quoted mate, it is true from the time that post came originaly.

@Linken.6345 said:

Check the date on the post you quoted mate, it is true from the time that post came originaly.

Good point, I didn't see that.

Welcome to "GrindWars2" or "GrindbroodSaga", ... since the lack of end content (it's about stretching content or achievements). However, according to my guess, ANet will change or adjust this - eventually, someday. At the latest when "new content" is released (EoD or similar in scale). And in the end, some will be (then) annoyed or upset (as some currently already are) and ask themselves why they ... did the whole thing in the first place. Maybe i am wrong, who knows. :)

@"Metzie.3012" said:Welcome to "GrindWars2" or "GrindbroodSaga", ... since the lack of end content (it's about stretching content or achievements). However, according to my guess, ANet will change or adjust this - eventually, someday. At the latest when "new content" is released (EoD or similar in scale). And in the end, some will be (then) annoyed or upset (as some currently already are) and ask themselves why they ... did the whole thing in the first place. Maybe i am wrong, who knows. :)

You mean how the made ambrite weapons easier to get?Oh wait they dident.

@Cyninja.2954 said:This thread did not age well, and neither did most of the ones complaining about lack of mastery points I guess.

Seems to pay off to wait until episodic content is fully released instead of panicking at the start.

I respect the general point of your statement, but at the time of writing I do not feel as thought I was panicking in any way. Really just trying to be dramatic for fun and for the sake of others. Naturally, if you level up your mastery, this is all a moot point thread as of now.

P.S. I didn't revitalize this post; I'd have been happy if it just died and didn't resurface in the garbage pile that is the internet. At this point, I have other grievances with the devs about how poorly they handled the never ending pile of weapon collections from the IBS that cost more than some people's entire accounts to produce.

@Delita Silverburg.8632 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:This thread did not age well, and neither did most of the ones complaining about lack of mastery points I guess.

Seems to pay off to wait until episodic content is fully released instead of panicking at the start.

I respect the general point of your statement, but at the time of writing I do not feel as thought I was panicking in any way. Really just trying to be dramatic for fun and for the sake of others. Naturally, if you level up your mastery, this is all a moot point thread as of now.

Oh absolutely, this thread its self was also a minor point and could have been avoided if the developers had been clearer on how the later mastery ranks affected the output of the node.

That's why I also made a mention of the constant lack for mastery point threads which were created on a near episode basis (even more so than the node), which are just as moot now and will be even less applicable once the remaining content for the Saga releases.

@Delita Silverburg.8632 said:P.S. I didn't revitalize this post; I'd have been happy if it just died and didn't resurface in the garbage pile that is the internet. At this point, I have other grievances with the devs about how poorly they handled the never ending pile of weapon collections from the IBS that cost more than some people's entire accounts to produce.

Not pointing blame at you and a clarification for the situation might not have been needed. I just found this a perfect example to showcase how players occasionally have a limited perspective on game related issues (which to be fair enough matters IF players are put off from the game or certain relationships are not properly explained at earlier moments in time). In case of mastery points, there were stark defenders of those being a problem even with others clearly explaining why they were perceiving issues with this Saga compared to past content (in some cases to no avail).

I personally would not have necroed this thread or any of the multiple mastery point threads, this one just popped up and made a good showcase.

At the same time we do have a recent example of where player feedback, likely paired with completion % and metrics, was adjusted by the developers: requirements for Prismaticite and cost of Prismatic Ingots. Just goes to show that the developers do occasionally listen WHEN there is reason to do so (even if some times a bit late).

As others have mentioned, the amount of Prismaticite that you get from the node goes up the more you complete the Mastery track. In general though, since LS4 the nodes have generally not been worth it, and the IBS nodes are even worse from a monetary return perspective. I really wish ANet would give each of the currencies a merchant value, similar to the LS3 currencies. Obviously, certain currencies like Eternal Ice can't be worth very much given the sheer amount the game throws at you, but it should be worth SOMETHING. Otherwise, in the long run we're just going to wind up with currency bloat and a whole mess of stuff that players just delete on acquisition because it's too bothersome to spend the time to convert them into something of value.

I like the node, especially on those days where my playtime is cut short, just quickly farm the home instance and it adds up. Yes, it would be great if all the nodes gave more mats, but it's meant simply as some extra, not to make up for lack of activity or farming. Helps fill out the home instance more shrug

@"Cyninja.2954" said:

At the same time we do have a recent example of where player feedback, likely paired with completion % and metrics, was adjusted by the developers: requirements for Prismaticite and cost of Prismatic Ingots. Just goes to show that the developers do occasionally listen WHEN there is reason to do so (even if some times a bit late).

Talking as a player about the dev stand point, for me at least, I think this champions episode is a fantastic example on how not to build an episode. The developers did not account for just how little people would play this content, specifically DRMs, and as a result the supply of prismatium ingots is abysmal. Sadly though, they develop these chapters many months in advance and did nothing to adjust it until well after they saw it was failing as designed. It's nice that they listen, sure, but there is a percentage of the player base, that I myself am a part of, that will have a sour taste in their mouth about this whole thing due to starting on the achievements as it was released.

If I'm being completely honest, I would have rather had nothing over DRMs. I'd have been happier with. "We are taking a break from developing content to work on the expac, see you in 6-9 months.

Just my two cents on the topic.

@Zaxares.5419 said:Obviously, certain currencies like Eternal Ice can't be worth very much given the sheer amount the game throws at you, but it should be worth SOMETHING.Eternal Ice is one of the best currencies in the game.No where else in this game can you earn enough currency for an ascended amulet or accessory in less than 20 minutes.Want raw money for them, convert to ls4 currencies, consume for volatile magic then buy trophy or leather crates and sell what comes out.This idea that Eternal Ice needs a vendor trash value speaks more to your lack of knowledge than a developer misstep.@"Delita Silverburg.8632" said:Talking as a player about the dev stand point, for me at least, I think this champions episode is a fantastic example on how not to build an episode. The developers did not account for just how little people would play this content, specifically DRMs, and as a result the supply of prismatium ingots is abysmal.The fact that the price has remained steady instead of going up or down after the fawcet on Prismaticite was increased means more people are engaging with the rewards.Your conclusion is based on false logic. It's just you using jargon to cover the fact that you don't like the price.Sadly though, they develop these chapters many months in advance and did nothing to adjust it until well after they saw it was failing as designed. It's nice that they listen, sure, but there is a percentage of the player base, that I myself am a part of, that will have a sour taste in their mouth about this whole thing due to starting on the achievements as it was released.If it is indeed a "percentage" instead of "anecdotal" please share that percentage and the source of your data.If I'm being completely honest, I would have rather had nothing over DRMs. I'd have been happier with. "We are taking a break from developing content to work on the expac, see you in 6-9 months."With WoW having just released a new xpac, FF14 building hype for a new expansion and BDO releasing entire new classes for free (including one just two or three weeks ago) this would be an excellent way to kill this game.

@mindcircus.1506 said:Eternal Ice is one of the best currencies in the game.No where else in this game can you earn enough currency for an ascended amulet or accessory in less than 20 minutes.Want raw money for them, convert to ls4 currencies, consume for volatile magic then buy trophy or leather crates and sell what comes out.This idea that Eternal Ice needs a vendor trash value speaks more to your lack of knowledge than a developer misstep.

Some of us don't like gambling on the various boxes. :P Yes, on paper it should always return a reliable profit, but there are those of us who consistently seem to get bad luck with the boxes, so it's not an option for everybody. And what do you do once you've already kitted out all your characters with Ascended amulets? (Or have only 1 main character are using Transcendence?) and Waste a 1g salvage kit on the Amulet in the rare hopes of getting the expensive item? So, my point remains. There needs to be a vendor value for the LS4/IBS items, as a final baseline option.

@Zaxares.5419 said:

@"mindcircus.1506" said:Eternal Ice is one of the best currencies in the game.No where else in this game can you earn enough currency for an ascended amulet or accessory in less than 20 minutes.Want raw money for them, convert to ls4 currencies, consume for volatile magic then buy trophy or leather crates and sell what comes out.This idea that Eternal Ice needs a vendor trash value speaks more to your lack of knowledge than a developer misstep.

Some of us don't like gambling on the various boxes. :P Yes, on paper it should always return a reliable profit, but there are those of us who consistently seem to get bad luck with the boxes, so it's not an option for everybody.When actual data is being used we can see that Trophy Shipments are not a gamble at all.
Creating pretend people with extreme cases of bad luck does not alter reality. Profiting off this currency is absolutely an option for everybody.So, my point remains. There needs to be a vendor value for the LS4/IBS items, as a final baseline option.LWs2 map currencies (Geodes, Bandit Crests)LWs3 map currencies (Blood Rubies, Stumps, Winterberries, Jade Shards, Orchids, Pearls)LWs4 map currencies (Kralkatite, Diflourite, Inscribed Shards, Mistonium, Masses, Motes)HoT map currencies (Airship parts, Aurillium, Ley Line crystals)None of these map currencies offer an option to sell them as Vendor trash. All of these currencies' value is determined by what you can purchase with them or the currency gained from consuming them.Why does Eternal Ice "need" a vendor value "as a final baseline option"?So people can make less money?

@"Delita Silverburg.8632" said:Talking as a player about the dev stand point, for me at least, I think this champions episode is a fantastic example on how not to build an episode. The developers did not account for just how little people would play this content, specifically DRMs, and as a result the supply of prismatium ingots is abysmal.The fact that the price has remained steady instead of going up or down after the fawcet on Prismaticite was increased means
more
people are engaging with the rewards.Your conclusion is based on false logic. It's just you using jargon to cover the fact that you don't like the price.

It's actually not based on a false logic. First of all your understanding of supply and demand from your statement seems skewed. Just because the supply remains constant, doesn't mean people are consuming the product. If no one is using the good, and no one is doing the content that creates the good, the supply will also remain constant. Your assumption that people are constantly doing DRMs is based on nothing noteworthy itself. Look below to your comment on percentages for further explanation.

Sadly though, they develop these chapters many months in advance and did nothing to adjust it until well after they saw it was failing as designed. It's nice that they listen, sure, but there is a percentage of the player base, that I myself am a part of, that will have a sour taste in their mouth about this whole thing due to starting on the achievements as it was released.If it is indeed a "percentage" instead of "anecdotal" please share that percentage and the source of your data.

Source of data for my point is gw2efficiency. If you look at the number of achievements completed for the dragon slayer weapons it is as follows. As of this writing:Dragons slayer weapons (0.676% completion) 1579 playersCrimson dragon slayer weapons (0.102% completion) 239 playersAzure dragon slayer weapons (0.088% completion) 206 players

These numbers show just how few people are completing these collections, and therefore not using prismatium ingots. Since the original dragon slayer weapons came out 6 months ago on Nov. 17th, (GW2 wiki for reference on date) i would have expected them to be much higher than this for your argument to hold weight.

I digress though, I stand by my statement that Anet has little to no grasp on what the players want out of content these days and this is just another example that has solidified my opinion.