MultiBoxing still legal?

The fear is, that with how the moderators/ community managers etc are constantly overworked that such passages/policies linked by Stelawrat may not be longer valid, just not have been attended to.I don't want to accuse Arenanet of that behavior but I HAVE seen other Devs/Publishers/companies just handwave old policies away with "oops, we forgot to change them, sooo sowwwy anyway they are no longer valid, so you are in breach of contract, sucks to be you!" BANHAMMER DESCENDS

So I am quite concerned now and really would like a short clarification/reassurance by Fire Attunement.9835 or anyone from the Arenetteam that we aren't in hot water now, pretty please with choya on top?

@"Captain Prinny.6492" said:The fear is, that with how the moderators/ community managers etc are constantly overworked that such passages/policies linked by Stelawrat may not be longer valid, just not have been attended to.I don't want to accuse Arenanet of that behavior but I HAVE seen other Devs/Publishers/companies just handwave old policies away with "oops, we forgot to change them, sooo sowwwy anyway they are no longer valid, so you are in breach of contract, sucks to be you!" BANHAMMER DESCENDS

So I am quite concerned now and really would like a short clarification/reassurance by Fire Attunement.9835 or anyone from the Arenetteam that we aren't in hot water now, pretty please with choya on top?

You can always contact the CS Team with your concern.Though, they pretty much keep the Knowledge Base up to date.

So with the question on whether its allowed, may I ask, why do you need to multibox?

If you dont want to answer thats fine, but then my answer would be yeah... probably dont do that... lol.

The wiki lays out a scenario that is contradicting itself since its kind of hard to "actively play" more than one session - the others will always be inactive by design...

@"Dawdler.8521" said:So with the question on whether its allowed, may I ask, why do you need to multibox?

If you dont want to answer thats fine, but then my answer would be yeah... probably dont do that... lol.

The wiki lays out a scenario that is contradicting itself since its kind of hard to "actively play" more than one session - the others will always be inactive by design...

It has to do with the definition of "actively play" that Anet uses. You are auto-logged out of most maps if you fail to move or use a skill in an hour's time. If any actions your character takes are a result of YOUR input on the keyboard/mouse/etc., then you are "actively playing" that character. Any pause in action between sessions - if running two, for example - could be a result of lag or a real-life interruption like a phone call just as easily as that interruption being caused by you temporarily controlling the other session.

I say all of that as someone that regularly multiboxes. I normally have my main account on my left monitor and my second account on my right monitor. And I've actively played both accounts at octovine in AB and duo'ed Caudecus Manor story mode on my power reaper and long bow ranger. Actively using both accounts to attack at the same time by rapidly switching between monitors/sessions as needed. It also makes it much, much cheaper for me to buy the nodes for only one home instance instead of both. Both accounts are north of 320 mastery points (I've been slacking on the Ice Brood Saga masteries), so I do actively play on both accounts individually, not just dualing to mooch off one account or the other.

@"Dawdler.8521" said:So with the question on whether its allowed, may I ask, why do you need to multibox?

The third item is overly ambigous. Even if you ignore multiboxing, it implies that going AFK would be violating the rules.

@"Captain Prinny.6492" said:The fear is, that with how the moderators/ community managers etc are constantly overworked that such passages/policies linked by Stelawrat may not be longer valid, just not have been attended to.I don't want to accuse Arenanet of that behavior but I HAVE seen other Devs/Publishers/companies just handwave old policies away with "oops, we forgot to change them, sooo sowwwy anyway they are no longer valid, so you are in breach of contract, sucks to be you!" BANHAMMER DESCENDS

They already have an "at their discretion" clause in there. That means they can decide to do whatever regardless of what might be written or said elsewhere previously. Any clarification or assurance is useless unless you would actually seriously consider paying a lawyer or are a lawyer yourself and willing to spend the time with an actual court case over.

I multibox to quickly transfer items from one account to another without having to relog.

@Maikimaik.1974 said:

I multibox to quickly transfer items from one account to another without having to relog.

I don't do it in GW2 but I used to do that in GW1. It was especially useful in pre-searing Ascalon where you couldn't access the bank, one account acted as a mule for the other, then I swapped them over when I wanted to do Legendary Defender of Ascalon on the 2nd account.

@Danikat.8537 said:

I don't do it in GW2 but I used to do that in GW1. It was especially useful in pre-searing Ascalon where you couldn't access the bank, one account acted as a mule for the other, then I swapped them over when I wanted to do Legendary Defender of Ascalon on the 2nd account.

Exactly my M.O. in GW1 as well. I am an obsessive Hoarder in Games so my other Accs are full-up-to-my-ears with items as well.What I mostly do is Fashion Wars or other foolish stuff with skins/dyes etc...one example can be seen here:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/74710/recent-patch-renamed-always-angry-into-burst-of-aggression-but#latest. I have spend waaaay too many gems on character slots/dyes and mount skins on my alt-accs to be considered "gaming the system" with regards to Gold making with alt-accounts. In stark comparison, I would be wayyy richer if I spend all the time farming instead of fooling around with Multibox shenanigans for my obsessive Fashion Wars-fetish ;-P

As long as you are not playing just one account and then having an additional account idling, being automated by 3rd party software, sharing the same keystrokes as your other account, or within a competitive (PvP, WvW, etc.) zone; you're good to go.