You dont need new data for tanky scourge

Crab Fear.1624

I don't disagree with their decsion. Or at least... I wouldn't under other circumstances. Mender scourge is a relatively new addition to the meta. It's best to wait for a while and see if players are able to adapt to it's presence.

Unfortunately for us, Anet has been methodically removing options from the game one after another, each with the potential to help us counteract this build. We've lost amulets, traits (300 cd baby), weapon skills (rip ele staff), entire elite specs (zerker lul). We have fewer options to answer this than ever before, so the chances of the meta adapting are low.

Don't think for a second it'll be over once Scourge is gone either. We get rid of them, we'll still have heralds to contend with. We get rid of herald, and who will be left to help us burst down support guard? Shiro's abundance of unlockable damage helps us keep them in line. Guard will be the new mender scourge. This whole approach to balance is misguided.

@Shao.7236 said:

@"Kuma.1503"Don't think Herald will ever be as oppressive as it was with the recent nerfs, it's fair. More like Shiro therefor Revenant in general will always be able to reliably be what it is, no matter the cooldowns until they are ridiculous.

I agree, but they're also good at what they do, and they thrive in coordinate environments (MATS) so they'll continue to receive forum backlash until the time comes that their cooldowns are ridiculous.

After all "Rev is played by the best players and the best players tend to win"

@Kuma.1503 said:

@Kuma.1503Don't think Herald will ever be as oppressive as it was with the recent nerfs, it's fair. More like Shiro therefor Revenant in general will always be able to reliably be what it is, no matter the cooldowns until they are ridiculous.

I agree, but they're also good at what they do, and they thrive in coordinate environments (MATS) so they'll continue to receive forum backlash until the time comes that their cooldowns are ridiculous.

After all "Rev is played by the best players and the best players tend to win"

I would love to see anyone play Herald like it is so oppressively claimed to be still. I can't find anyone nor see people play Renegade as popular as it used to be while Core is still seeing 2% usage.

Dead meme IMO.

Let's have Revenant hit less than an entire Warrior Axe cleave, that should help players realize there's someone after them and they should react accordingly to it.

@"DiogoSilva.7089" said:

@Flumek.9043 said:Get used to anet development speed.

In fact, CMC unleashed is now the best, most transparent theyve ever been on pvp.

Anet used to be very communicative in the first year.

Until players found out that they actually had no clue what they were doing, which they continued to demonstrate for 5+ years. We've come a long way actually.

Symbol nerf was lame. It got rid of a build that was both strong and easy to play, but it also killed off so many builds. One of the proposed benefits of this de-powercreeping is that it gives other less powerful builds a chance to shine.

Good luck with that when those same builds end up as collateral damage in the same nerf patch.

"If we nerf symbols, we'll tone down symbol brand and let core builds shi-- oh wait"

@otto.5684 said:

@"Flumek.9043" said:Get used to anet development speed.

In fact, CMC unleashed is now the best, most transparent theyve ever been on pvp.

I would take competent devs over transparent ones any day.

We all would.What I meant was, at launch and hot, they were very slow and non-transparent.Now, theyre just slow and transparent.

Competence wise dont expect ANYTHING big.Gw2 is aproaching its end of lifecycle, so not much weapon and new animation changes will be invested.The company was losing money and devs. They had to downsize 1/3 of company, but mostly "excess" paper workers, some devs too ofc.The good devs got bought by other studios like Amazon, so not many skilled poeple can work on the spaghetti code GW2 is made on.

Im telling you this is it and its quite good.we get small balance 2-3 months instead of nothing for 6-9, and we have split balance from PVE.thumbs up