SAB deletes buffs?

@Veprovina.4876 said:I see. Thank you.It's been a long time since i did SAB, do i need something special for it? Or deos it have its own mechanis instead of profession ones?

It has its own skills so profession or character level does not matter. But note the unlocks you earn in SAB are per character and not account. So it is probably best to stick with the same character for SAB unless you really want to earn them again on another character for some reason. Guild Wars 2 Efficiency has an SAB tab they show when SAB is live. It will show your characters, their progress and unlocks. So it might be worth a look if you did it in the past to see what character might be better to use.

@Cynder.2509 said:There's even a warning for that before you enter the box. Unfortunately there's no warning when going in with the invitation item.

Yes, that warning is what prompted me to ask as i wasn't sure on what buffs that applies.

@JustTrogdor.7892 said:

@Veprovina.4876 said:I see. Thank you.It's been a long time since i did SAB, do i need something special for it? Or deos it have its own mechanis instead of profession ones?

It has its own skills so profession or character level does not matter. But note the unlocks you earn in SAB are per character and not account. So it is probably best to stick with the same character for SAB unless you really want to earn them again on another character for some reason. Guild Wars 2 Efficiency has an SAB tab they show when SAB is live. It will show your characters, their progress and unlocks. So it might be worth a look if you did it in the past to see what character might be better to use.

Oh, unlocks per character? Like what for example? If it's significant i'll then use my main and dump that 8 hour boost.I'll look at GW2 efficiency but can you give a quick example?

@Veprovina.4876 said:

@Cynder.2509 said:There's even a warning for that before you enter the box. Unfortunately there's no warning when going in with the invitation item.

Yes, that warning is what prompted me to ask as i wasn't sure on what buffs that applies.

Oh, unlocks per character? Like what for example? If it's significant i'll then use my main and dump that 8 hour boost.I'll look at GW2 efficiency but can you give a quick example?

Different weapons which are skills like sling shots and bombs, extra hearts which is your life pool, shovel for digging and a purse that will allow you to hold more baubles are some examples. Here is the complete list:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/List_of_Super_Adventure_Box_upgrades_and_skills

Edit: Also I didn't use a main character because of the fact that buffs are deleted when entering. That way I could still use that character for out of SAB play and not have to worry about the buff thing. Instead I have a character I don't often play for SAB.

@JustTrogdor.7892 said:

Different weapons which are skills like sling shots and bombs, extra hearts which is your life pool, shovel for digging and a purse that will allow you to hold more baubles are some examples. Here is the complete list:

Edit: Also I didn't use a main character because of the fact that buffs are deleted when entering. That way I could still use that character for out of SAB play and not have to worry about the buff thing. Instead I have a character I don't often play for SAB.

Thank you! Yeah, i mean, i guess if profession, level and stats don't matter, then it doesn't matter which character i play SAB with. I'll just make sure i stick with one so that i don't have to double unlock stuff. Nice! :smile:

I had the same problem, I had about 10 hours left on a celebration booster and wasn't keen on losing it. But I really didn't want to start over with getting all the upgrades, and I've got 74 birthday boosters and 56 celebration boosters in the bank so it's not like I'm running short.

I might finish getting the upgrades on one of my other characters though, just so I have more options for who to play.

@Danikat.8537 said:I had the same problem, I had about 10 hours left on a celebration booster and wasn't keen on losing it. But I really didn't want to start over with getting all the upgrades, and I've got 74 birthday boosters and 56 celebration boosters in the bank so it's not like I'm running short.

I might finish getting the upgrades on one of my other characters though, just so I have more options for who to play.

Do upgrades transfer from previous years? I mean, i doubt it but just asking. :tongue:Also, they're permanent once you unlock them right?

@Veprovina.4876 said:

@Danikat.8537 said:I had the same problem, I had about 10 hours left on a celebration booster and wasn't keen on losing it. But I really didn't want to start over with getting all the upgrades, and I've got 74 birthday boosters and 56 celebration boosters in the bank so it's not like I'm running short.

Do upgrades transfer from previous years? I mean, i doubt it but just asking. :tongue:Also, they're permanent once you unlock them right?

Oh, I meant the unlocks - the skills and stuff. Yes they're permanent once you unlock them, so they carry over from one year to the next.

@Danikat.8537 said:

Oh, I meant the unlocks - the skills and stuff. Yes they're permanent once you unlock them, so they carry over from one year to the next.

Oh i see! Well, my main (that has the buff) did SAB once before. About HoT era though, so idk if he has all the unlocks but i'm tempted to try lol.

Still, i mean, if it doesn't take long to unlock the stuff, then i'll just keep the bonus and play another character.I tried the infantile mode today just to see where everything is at and completed world 1, unlocked the candle lol.I guess other unlocks are bought? I saw a shovel, wasn't sure if i have to re-buy it every time. If not, that's great!