4/6 PvP Balance

Cal Cohen.2358

wait, are the summoned things' HP still not adapted to the 2020 dmg nerfs? not even in spvp?

@mindcircus.1506 said:While the attention to sPvP is greatly appreciated, the lack of attention to wvw balance is becoming a little worrysome.

go away... i don't want them to mess up Wvw even more than they did yet.

also here... what is this? destroy more than add, dat dere masterplan. i really liked the mender scourge, despite barely ever playing spvp either way.

@Kondor.2904 said:

@mindcircus.1506 said:While the attention to sPvP is greatly appreciated, the lack of attention to wvw balance is becoming a little worrisome.

If they are balancing PVP around the removal of amulets then WvW is truly
, because so many people run PvP
banned
prefixes such as Minstrels and Trailblazer over there.

And that's probably why wvw looks like a complete pepega fest ¯_(ツ)_/¯, which is most likely still intentional, so i wouldn't be worried

no mate, that is absolutely not the issue. single players or smallscale matters simply not in Wvw. it tends to start to matter more, since all the pointless and unhealthy class nerfs and dmg removals start to trigger and to snowball. Wvw is a pepegafest because most people think they play call of duty there on their sniperglasscannons. that's just lack of understanding where u are and which class u play, has nothing to do with a broken balance.

if anything is broken, it's stealth and longrange overall (in wvw)

@"Lucentfir.7430" unfiltered? if anyone has played Wvw at release of it and play it now, they'd be super confused what this garbage has become. it's basically a clown fiesta on a lot of servers. they could remove all changes that it ever got and it'd feel like a "balance and fix" patch lmfao. man, alone the maps there are sizewise designed to be walked ON FOOT. yet u have mounts and gliders... and the natural class dmg balance is completely disrupted.

@AquaBR.9250 why balancing pvE even? just make stronger bosses that benefit with their mechanics that you'll use some specific classes. EASY... pvE is the farming format anyways only. pvp is the endgame format. and even pvE buffing can be done easier with just overclocking bosses, take a look at dark souls series. with NG+ they just get so thicc that u gotta know the mechanics superwell. in pvE here, some cry about class pve balance while beeing unable or too lazy to even dodge.

I have no idea where to go from here to be honest. You removed healing power amulets and improved the scaling with healing power on some skills. Thats the exact opposite of what I suggested, and for the first time since the game is released I actually don't see a way to get to a decently balanced state.I mean I can just farm everything on Deadeye now, but ehm... spamming skirmishers shot is boring. So I guess see you all in a month when Deadeye and Sic'Em sniper ranger builds get destroyed, and Avatar/Sage amulets are getting removed, and a rune with +50% outgoing healing modifier gets added. This update solved literally nothing. Unless diversity is a problem, in which case good job.

@Bazsi.2734 said:I mean I can just farm everything on Deadeye now, but ehm... spamming skirmishers shot is boring. So I guess see you all in a month when Deadeye and Sic'Em sniper ranger builds get destroyed, and Avatar/Sage amulets are getting removed, and a rune with +50% outgoing healing modifier gets added. This update solved literally nothing. Unless diversity is a problem, in which case good job.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

We already know where this is going.

So at this pace, we are looking at like..... no potency play here in another 6-8 months. lololololol

I mean good god man where does this end. Some serious mistakes being made imo and I am not saying this in the traditional forum feedback sense. This is like 4 tiers above normal concern here. I dunno wtf is going on with this game anymore. I really don't.

@snoow.1694 said:Funny how people are calling for buffs for one of the most overperforming sidenoders in the game right now in form of Druid. Truly a gamer moment.

They remove menders amulet to avoid strong self sustain while buffing other classes healing output by addressing skills and traits to compensate for outgoing healing. But they do so leaving druid completely out of the mix, a spec that has had healing scaling nerfs over and over again since its release. Naturally people are asking why they don't give druid the same treatment so it can actually function as a support.

If sidenode druid is such a problem, why do they keep beating around the bush instead of making the necessary changes that enable it to perform as a support without making it a self-sustain beast?

so... you demonstrated you can nerf the overperforming specs that are relying on menders effectively, but you still remove the amulets? wtf man. why not nerf the others (there aren't many) and buff damage? this logic makes no sense. you are fixing a problem and adding another one in the form of less diversity, for no reason whatsoever. thats classic anet and it has me wondering.

Hello!As odd as it sounds, one of my characters I run is a Guardian support build that used Mender's + Dwayna with Valor, Honor, Virtues (Mace + shield for close quarters melee healing and Staff for larger group fights/ranged.)Very fun build and I feel sure no one ever runs this. Essentially, I stay in close quarters with melee trains and am able to keep myself up against slower DPS classes while helping team mates by keeping Symbol of Faith up.

However, now that Mender was removed, I only have the option of Sage or Avatar, each of which only have 500 healing power. That's a nerf of -500 healing power in structured PvP. Do I need to abandon my outlier build since obviously I was pwning millions of players every day and breaking the game?

Here is a comparison for Structured PvP vs PvEHealing Power in sPvP = 675Healing Power in PvE (Magi + Dwayna) = 1,434

Yet another step in the direction of a berserker-only amulet game mode. We are almost there anet!

Btw.: I can't start the game anymore to test these miraculous changes and the new options they add. Instant memory exception crash after the character select screen. Please patch your patch!

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:so... you demonstrated you can nerf the overperforming specs that are relying on menders effectively, but you still remove the amulets? kitten man. why not nerf the others (there aren't many) and buff damage? this logic makes no sense. you are fixing a problem and adding another one in the form of less diversity, for no reason whatsoever. thats classic anet and it has me wondering.

Wait till you see what the removal of mender/marshal will allow Core Necro sustain to look like compared to other things.

@Justine.6351 said:

@XxsdgxX.8109 said:Too bad that you can't remove the same problematic stat prefixes from WvW.

All they would have to do is reduce all healing coefficients down to near 0 making it pointless to use healing power.True, a simple 0.1 healing multiplier for each healing support skill would be better than removing stuff with each additional patch.

The list of remaining amulets has become embarrassing... a complete joke. We could basically delete every amulet now besides berserker, marauder, carrion and avatar. Everything else is either useless or potentially problematic.

@"LolLookAtMyAP.8394" said:I don't get why people were opposed to the removal of those amulets. They were busted and resulted in a stale meta. Outgoing healing is definitely the way to go as it's less selfish and more selfless of an option. It will encourage teamwork among players. We can also see Ventari support coming back? :flushed:

Having to remove amulets with +1000 healing because they suddenly became unhealthy (xD) when amulets with +1000 power, precision, condition damage, vitality are fine, well it says that there is something broken somewhere.

The poor execution of February patch broke some fundamental balance that will only keep deteriorating moving from one unhealthy meta to the other where the only option is to keep removing what works too well because the only other alternative would be to go reverse and fix such a number of things (and growing), it is almost impossible to do.

Let's give it a few weeks until another overperforming build start driving the whole meta.

@kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

@"Lucentfir.7430" unfiltered? if anyone has played Wvw at release of it and play it now, they'd be super confused what this garbage has become. it's basically a clown fiesta on a lot of servers. they could remove all changes that it ever got and it'd feel like a "balance and fix" patch lmfao. man, alone the maps there are sizewise designed to be walked ON FOOT. yet u have mounts and gliders... and the natural class dmg balance is completely disrupted.

Bruh, I've WvW'd since launch, WvW is WvW, you don't touch wvw balance for small scale/havoc squad you touch it for large scale. It's unfiltered experience just for the fact you're allowed to play and craft builds with PVE options, via stats, runes, sigils etc, you know something that Spvp likes to take away for their smallscale stuff. Clown Fiesta sounds like the usual in regards to guild drama. I honestly wouldn't care if they removed mounts and gliders, so go ahead preach if you're trying to advocate for that I guess.

Joyce of PvP come from players.This change is better than nothing for low population game but that won't make big impact.We demand more players who can entertain ourselves like streamers, youtubers, or any other funny one.I am just dreaming cus I have no talents :s

@KrHome.1920 said:

@XxsdgxX.8109 said:Too bad that you can't remove the same problematic stat prefixes from WvW.

All they would have to do is reduce all healing coefficients down to near 0 making it pointless to use healing power.True, a simple 0.1 healing multiplier for each healing support skill would be better than removing stuff with each additional patch.

The list of remaining amulets has become embarrassing... a complete joke. We could basically delete every amulet now besides berserker, marauder, carrion and avatar. Everything else is either useless or potentially problematic.

Honestly you could probably drop berserker too. When they put near zero damage on all skills with cc attached it was effectively the same thing. As a former wvw hammer rev that is basically what they did to me. Chaotic release, jade winds, SotM and drop the hammer, all damage removed. Doesn't matter how much berserker gear you have, those skills won't do anymore damage. Might as well take a stat set that gives you stats with full value, aka vita aka mara.