Concerns about Elementalist

System

@javier.9786 said:I think there are a lot of ways to fix the heavy, medium and light armor diference other than armor value diferences.

For example: you can add some game related buff to the armor like 2 stacs of stability for heavy. Vigor, swiftness or might for light, medium armor with a middle point between heavy and light.Maybe some number bonus like vitality for heavy and power, condi damage, healing, precision and/or ferocity for light armor, and again, some middle point for medium armor.You can think about how it feels diferent when you wear light vs heavy clothes and try to bring that feel to the game throw numbers and buffs

If you gonna make something about this issue, please, make something that make you feel rewarded (not punished like it is right now) about being forced to use a certain armor type.

Other thing you can do is allow every class in the game use every type of armor.

Sadly that not the way the game works heavy medium and light armor all act the same way for every thing they just simply have more or less def the same thing could be said for hp amounts. The only real fix would just have them give all the same def and open up skins for all classes.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This Thread is so like eles... So much keyboard work for nothing done, yet still here.To reply to the posts above, it would have been somehow balanced with the fact that only light armor professions have teleports, but hello Revs and Guards ¯_(ツ)_/¯

After everything that's been said and never done, I think the simplest, easiest, quickest, laziest way to improve ele somehow, is to make Healing power a defensive stat against condi damage.

@MyPuppy.8970 said:This Thread is so like eles... So much keyboard work for nothing done, yet still here.To reply to the posts above, it would have been somehow balanced with the fact that only light armor professions have teleports, but hello Revs and Guards ¯_(ツ)_/¯

After everything that's been said and never done, I think the simplest, easiest, quickest, laziest way to improve ele somehow, is to make Healing power a defensive stat against condi damage.

As much as i would like that ports to only light armor you have to think of thf.

Any way this thread is very out dated the dev not even at anet any more from what i understand. Better to just call anet out at every point with in a new thread named with why your calling them out. Ele as a class is just at that point of being so out dated as a class and out right abused there is no more room for the benefit of anet not actively choose to keep the class down. What ele is today and what other classes are IS what anet wants them to be and we are a year + with this balancing chose.

@MyPuppy.8970 said:After everything that's been said and never done, I think the simplest, easiest, quickest, laziest way to improve ele somehow, is to make Healing power a defensive stat against condi damage.

Or Arenanet could just lower Condition damage and increase the condition duration to turn conditions into a proper DoT style gameplay, rather than the defence-ignoring burst that they currently are.

@MyPuppy.8970 said:This Thread is so like eles... So much keyboard work for nothing done, yet still here.To reply to the posts above, it would have been somehow balanced with the fact that only light armor professions have teleports, but hello Revs and Guards ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Condi is too weak as it is. Address ele problems by addressing ele problems.

@Isle of Stars.3049 said:Whatever build I play it seems like Arcane is a mandatory pick (save for the Tempest aura support). Is this normal or is it because the trait lines themselves lack the versatility for other options?

Versatility if I had to guess. Good selection of boons all in one line. You can also trait for power damage, condi damage, healing, condi cleanse, etc.

For an elite like weaver, I think it's good design. Weavers should specialize in one element with arcane to supplement certain needs.

But I think Core should be one of those that doesn't need Arcane. Core is all about Jack of all Trades, and specializing in core elements should be its strength. Reduced weapon cool downs, increased benefits in 3 elements, etc.

Anet should create better synergy between core elements to support that idea, rather than having so many builds reliant on arcane.

Versatility if I had to guess. Good selection of boons all in one line. You can also trait for power damage, condi damage, healing, condi cleanse, etc.

For an elite like weaver, I think it's good design. Weavers should specialize in one element with arcane to supplement certain needs.

But I think Core should be one of those that doesn't need Arcane. Core is all about Jack of all Trades, and specializing in core elements should be its strength. Reduced weapon cool downs, increased benefits in 3 elements, etc.

Anet should create better synergy between core elements to support that idea, rather than having so many builds reliant on arcane.

I played around on the core traits and it seems like Earth and Fire needed a bit of tweaking. Particularly Earth GM traits as they can never be felt when attuned out of Earth. It feels like Lingering Elements might need to comeback. Or like what the previous post has mentioned, have at least the minor adept traits have their properties stay for few seconds after attuning out of it.

Diamond Skin may need to remove that "remove condi when hit", property. And Stone Heart may need few adjustments.

@Stallic.2397 said:

@Isle of Stars.3049 said:Whatever build I play it seems like Arcane is a mandatory pick (save for the Tempest aura support). Is this normal or is it because the trait lines themselves lack the versatility for other options?

I think earth could replace arcane just fine if it had proper damage mitigation. Barrier would be great to have, but having it available to elite specs is a problem. Air actually offers great prot uptime, but only on glyphs. I think all the grandmasters need a rework in earth for starters. Diamond skin could reduce condi damage by 30% above 50% hp or something. Written in stone could include a barrier application on signet use. Stone heart could be a flat 20% damage reduction below 50% health. Lots of interesting things could be done, but i dont think its even in Anets agenda.

@FrownyClown.8402 said:

I think earth could replace arcane just fine if it had proper damage mitigation. Barrier would be great to have, but having it available to elite specs is a problem. Air actually offers great prot uptime, but only on glyphs. I think all the grandmasters need a rework in earth for starters. Diamond skin could reduce condi damage by 30% above 50% hp or something. Written in stone could include a barrier application on signet use. Stone heart could be a flat 20% damage reduction below 50% health. Lots of interesting things could be done, but i dont think its even in Anets agenda.

Several professions hit well above 20% when target is at or below 50%...your suggestion would make the trait less than worthless when it's completely fine as it is

If anything, traits like stone heart should be given lesser effects (e.g. revert 33% of incoming crits to normal attacks) while out of the target attunement.

One of the many problems all Ele specs have is that on virtually every weapon most builds have entire attunements that are too weak to be worth swapping to if you aren't traited in their line. A major part of this is the fact you effectively lose half of your traits when you swap to them.

Attunement specific traits are Eles version of weapon specific traits, yet all but a small number were missed out when the sweeping changes were made to weapon specific traits on other classes.The changes were made for exactly the kind of reasons I mentioned earlier, and it is sad that Anet skipped Ele despite it being the most hard hit by traits like these. Unfortunately I think missing Ele was deliberate, specifically to keep the versatility low.

The whole point of having four elements is completely undermined if entire attunements aren't even worth using. This gets worse when you swap to either of the E-specs because of their slower attunement swapping.

Many similar things can be said about Eles outlier dependence on base stats too. Particularly the dependence on healing power for personal sustain. I find it crazy that people complain about (now deleted) menders Eles when you have other classes walking round in Demolisher amulets with close to the same sustain and tonnes more DPS/utility...