mirage .

Entropo.1524

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@Kodama.6453 dodging while controlled is not a power-full mechanic, most classes pack so much ways to ignore CC they dont get stunned at allbe it either more evasion to avoid the CC or more ways to remove it on top of stability, I sure as hell dont feel CC on core ranger while I do feel it on mirage, even more so if I just run blink and no SoM.When it boils down to it most mesmer have 0 stab, and 1 - 2 ways to remove CC, out of which 1 is used to engage/rotate anyways.While all other builds run 2-3 ways to remove CC, often times on top of stability, so while technically you can dodge while controlled, every time you are forced to do it, other class would have simply removed it or not get stunned in the first place.With chrono I agree, chronophantasma, danger time and csplit are so stupid it hurts my mind.

You act like mirage has just mirage cloak while all other classes have more defensive mechanics on top of their dodge to prevent CC.

You have evasion frames. You got vigor for more dodges. You got distortion. You got deceptions, which add another source of mirage cloak through the mirrors (as far as I can tell, the healing skill for example is currently meta). And there surely are more defensive mechanics I am not mentioning right now.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Kodama.6453 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@Kodama.6453 dodging while controlled is not a power-full mechanic, most classes pack so much ways to ignore CC they dont get stunned at allbe it either more evasion to avoid the CC or more ways to remove it on top of stability, I sure as hell dont feel CC on core ranger while I do feel it on mirage, even more so if I just run blink and no SoM.When it boils down to it most mesmer have 0 stab, and 1 - 2 ways to remove CC, out of which 1 is used to engage/rotate anyways.While all other builds run 2-3 ways to remove CC, often times on top of stability, so while technically you can dodge while controlled, every time you are forced to do it, other class would have simply removed it or not get stunned in the first place.With chrono I agree, chronophantasma, danger time and csplit are so stupid it hurts my mind.

You act like mirage has
just
mirage cloak while all other classes have more defensive mechanics on top of their dodge to prevent CC.

You have evasion frames. You got vigor for more dodges. You got distortion. You got deceptions, which add another source of mirage cloak through the mirrors (as far as I can tell, the healing skill for example is currently meta). And there surely are more defensive mechanics I am not mentioning right now.

Well, other classes have dodges too, in fact more then mirage. They have vigor too, in fact more of that then mirage too.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@"Kodama.6453" dodging while controlled is not a power-full mechanic, most classes pack so much ways to ignore CC they dont get stunned at allbe it either more evasion to avoid the CC or more ways to remove it on top of stability, I sure as hell dont feel CC on core ranger while I do feel it on mirage, even more so if I just run blink and no SoM.When it boils down to it most mesmer have 0 stab, and 1 - 2 ways to remove CC, out of which 1 is used to engage/rotate anyways.While all other builds run 2-3 ways to remove CC, often times on top of stability, so while technically you can dodge while controlled, every time you are forced to do it, other class would have simply removed it or not get stunned in the first place.With chrono I agree, chronophantasma, danger time and csplit are so stupid it hurts my mind.

Mesmer can also use 3 utility skills as breakstuns, so? Why they have "4th stunbreak" via dodge alone?That "dodge while controlled" is one of the most broken mechanics in the entire game, it's not just "ignore cc", but a "i can screw and don't get punished for it", which is disgusting. Ye ye, you can use it for "attacking", but you don't have to use it offensively, do you? Mirage is Mesmer+ after all, so all skills work the same way...I though that Chronomancer was A-net "peak" of most broken designs, but then PoF happened...

@TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@"Kodama.6453" dodging while controlled is not a power-full mechanic, most classes pack so much ways to ignore CC they dont get stunned at allbe it either more evasion to avoid the CC or more ways to remove it on top of stability, I sure as hell dont feel CC on core ranger while I do feel it on mirage, even more so if I just run blink and no SoM.When it boils down to it most mesmer have 0 stab, and 1 - 2 ways to remove CC, out of which 1 is used to engage/rotate anyways.While all other builds run 2-3 ways to remove CC, often times on top of stability, so while technically you can dodge while controlled, every time you are forced to do it, other class would have simply removed it or not get stunned in the first place.With chrono I agree, chronophantasma, danger time and csplit are so stupid it hurts my mind.

Mesmer can also use 3 utility skills as breakstuns, so? Why they have "4th stunbreak" via dodge alone?That "dodge while controlled" is one of the most broken mechanics in the entire game, it's not just "ignore cc", but a "i can screw and don't get punished for it", which is disgusting. Ye ye, you can use it for "attacking", but you don't have to use it offensively, do you? Mirage is Mesmer+ after all, so all skills work the same way...I though that Chronomancer was A-net "peak" of most broken designs, but then PoF happened...

ofc mirage is mesmer+, as core mes is garbage and lacks anything of use. but any time mesmer dodges while controlled, other build would have just broke the stun as they can afford to take more of those and not be a walking meme.I honestly dont see this as an issue.Imagine new e-spec comes out and has a F skill that removes cc, it would be legit better in every way, shape or form then mirage dodging while CC-ed but people wouldnt whine about it as they would find it " fair " despite being better

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@"Paradoxoglanis.1904" said:Mirage is the most balanced it has ever been right now, its just not a faceroll build anymore. You actually have to know how to combo skills together and not waste cds.

When players from all other classes are universally unanimous in saying "Wow! This class here that I don't play, yeah this is the real balanced one!" it probably points towards that class being underpowered.

What is the alternative? Buff mirage back to its old overpowered state where a brand new player could mindlessly spam and win duels vs most people? That is how we get low skill metas with builds like scourge, burn guard, MM necro, condi thief, condi herald... etc. Mesmer has a high skill cap and there is a large range of player effectiveness with it. That is a very good thing, and should be the goal for balancing every class.

Power Mirage feels super clunky and is unfun for how heavily you handicap yourself. You can still GS combo but you need dom and dueling to have any semblance of effective damage, and the mirage line offers virtually nothing and takes away an evade.. And even then core is only carried by Chaos line stealth while having less on demand stealth and evade than thief (and ranger for that matter), while being more constrained with burst frequency and in combat options than a thief.

@TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

Classes have been able to instantly avoid damage while stunned in billions of different ways since the start of the game.

Guardians can Aegis while stunned in multiple ways. Necros have always been able to shroud and instant cast fear while stunned. Rangers tend to be impossible to stun by default as they run around with absurd uptimes stability since the start of the game.

Literally every class is loaded up with multiple "I can screw up and don't get punished for it" mechanics. I mean heck, what is stability as a stat except a boon that literally exists to say "I can screw up and don't get punished for it". It's always been this way for every class and if mesmer got the treatment other classes got on their utilities then stuff like Mirror Images and Signet of Midnight would do stuff like at 5 stability and swiftness for 10 seconds too and damage to boot.

@"mortrialus.3062" said:Classes have been able to instantly avoid damage while stunned in billions of different ways since the start of the game.

Guardians can Aegis while stunned in multiple ways. Necros have always been able to shroud and instant cast fear while stunned. Rangers tend to be impossible to stun by default as they run around with absurd uptimes stability since the start of the game.

Literally every class is loaded up with multiple "I can screw up and don't get punished for it" mechanics. I mean heck, what is stability as a stat except a boon that literally exists to say "I can screw up and don't get punished for it". It's always been this way for every class and if mesmer got the treatment other classes got on their utilities then stuff like Mirror Images and Signet of Midnight would do stuff like at 5 stability and swiftness for 10 seconds too and damage to boot.

You realise that none of these mechanics is as powerful as dodging?

Guardian has insta-cast aegis. Weaknesses of this: it just prevents a single hit, it is a boon that can get corrupted/ripped/stolen/etc.. Unblockable attacks will cut straight through it.Necros have insta-cast fear. Weaknesses are: it is a condition countered by resistance, can get instantly stunbreaked if the enemy really wants to invest bursting you while you are CCed, is countered by stability. You can blind it to make the fear cast miss.Classes with stability, weaknesses are: it is boon that can get corrupted/ripped/stolen. If it is a single stack of stability (like for FT scrapper, which weirdly enough gtets some complaints here and there), then using 2 CCs in quick succession will cut through it.

Meanwhile the ability to dodge while CCed. Weaknesses? None. There is no way to work around that defense. You can't rip or corrupt a dodge. You can't counter it with stability. You can't blind it. It will prevent an unlimited number of attacks during it's duration.There is a reason why the dodge mechanic is the ultimate defense in this game.

@Kodama.6453 said:

@"mortrialus.3062" said:Classes have been able to instantly avoid damage while stunned in billions of different ways since the start of the game.

You realise that none of these mechanics is as powerful as dodging?

Guardian has insta-cast aegis. Weaknesses of this: it just prevents a single hit, it is a boon that can get corrupted/ripped/stolen/etc.. Unblockable attacks will cut straight through it.Necros have insta-cast fear. Weaknesses are: it is a condition countered by resistance, can get instantly stunbreaked if the enemy really wants to invest bursting you while you are CCed, is countered by stability. You can blind it to make the fear cast miss.Classes with stability, weaknesses are: it is boon that can get corrupted/ripped/stolen. If it is a single stack of stability (like for FT scrapper, which weirdly enough gtets some complaints here and there), then using 2 CCs in quick succession will cut through it.

Meanwhile the ability to dodge while CCed. Weaknesses?
None
. There is no way to work around that defense. You can't rip or corrupt a dodge. You can't counter it with stability. You can't blind it. It will prevent an unlimited number of attacks during it's duration.There is a reason why the dodge mechanic is the ultimate defense in this game.

Dodge mechanic has ceased to be an ultimate defense ages ago, mate. 2/3 of the specs are loaded with so much kitten, the dodge becomes more of a supplementary mechanic you can press to prolong the defenses chain spam or simply a button you press to express your superiority while randomly jump-dodging around your enemy. You're really overestimating a single 3/4s evade frame during the cc considering the current sate of the game where people can straight up play on autopilot ignoring or facetanking half of the cc's thrown at them.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

Classes have been able to instantly avoid damage while stunned in billions of different ways since the start of the game.

Literally every class can use evasion the "v" while being under CC without any kind of stab or resistance to negate incoming dmg, right? OH WAIT, only Mirage can do that! Do you even understand what you try to compare here or not? Every other class MUST use utility or f1-f5 skills(if possible) to BREAKSTUN to avoid the "whatever following kitten", but MIRAGE only need to press "v" and dandy.I'm pretty sure that MIRAGE is still able to equip utility skills with "BREAK STUN" to negate CCs, unless somehow MIRAGE traitline mechanically removes all "BREAK STUN" from all other traits/utilities/shatter/whatever of Mesmer class, which is not the case, right?

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:Mes/Chrono/Mirage is actually in the best spot it's been... ever... I'd say.

Surprisingly.

Now if we can do this:
  1. Buff War a tiiiiny bit
  2. Shave a weeeee bit of damage off Revs
  3. Shave a weeeee bit of damage off Weaver
  4. Address Rune of Sanct and Blood Bank on Scourge

Honestly we'd have the most balanced meta we've seen in years.

warrior is already strong as kitten, dont know what you want to buff.

Not saying it’s dumpster tier, but strong af? No way.

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:Mes/Chrono/Mirage is actually in the best spot it's been... ever... I'd say.

Surprisingly.

Now if we can do this:

yes way, warrior is really fucking strong one of the best side-noders rn

@"Kodama.6453" said:Honestly, what are people expecting when it comes to balancing mesmer?

Anet keeps putting the most ridiculous effects onto this class. It is the one they are most "thinking outside of the box", which oftenly ends up with mechanics that are extremely hard to balance.

Chronomancer: Has the ability to reset all their cooldowns and health to a previous point. This mechanic is responsible for making them the best dps class in PvE by a large margin. It also makes them great tanks, btw. Who would have thought that it is really strong to be able to do everything your class can do twice?

Mirage: Gets the unique ability to dodge while being CCed, no other class can do this without having to invest a stunbreak.

You want mesmer to not get nerfed over and over again? Make Anet stop putting insane new mechanics onto that class and let them use "conventional" mechanics for once.

main reason chrono is good in pve is alacrity not cs

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

Surprisingly.

Now if we can do this:

yes way, warrior is really kitten strong one of the best side-noders rn

Well it can’t hold node, not much node presence, has to kite off point to sustain, and struggles to escape getting plussed. Pretty sure there are superior options.

@Quadox.7834 said:

@"Kodama.6453" said:Honestly, what are people expecting when it comes to balancing mesmer?

Anet keeps putting the most ridiculous effects onto this class. It is the one they are most "thinking outside of the box", which oftenly ends up with mechanics that are extremely hard to balance.

Chronomancer: Has the ability to reset all their cooldowns and health to a previous point. This mechanic is responsible for making them
the
best dps class in PvE by a large margin. It also makes them great tanks, btw. Who would have thought that it is really strong to be able to do everything your class can do
twice
?

Mirage: Gets the unique ability to dodge while being CCed, no other class can do this without having to invest a stunbreak.

You want mesmer to not get nerfed over and over again? Make Anet stop putting insane new mechanics onto that class and let them use "conventional" mechanics for once.

Really? You think the fact that chronomancer can double summon phantasms (which are some of their highest damage skills) with chronophantasma and that they can then double all their dps skills again with chronoshift isn't one of the major reasons why this class is top performer in dps?

Oh, and btw, benchmarks are usually recorded under the condition of permanent alacrity anyway. So alacrity obviously can't be the reason why power chronomancer has the highest benchmark of all.

Surprisingly.

Now if we can do this:

Well it can’t hold node, not much node presence, has to kite off point to sustain, and struggles to escape getting plussed. Pretty sure there are superior options.

its amazing how everything you just said is wrong

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

Surprisingly.

Now if we can do this:

and yet you don't even attempt to make a case for why you think so. There are sidenoders with superior range and mobility to warrior, and warrior itself lacks any skills that cover node.

Surprisingly.

Now if we can do this:

and yet you don't even attempt to make a case for why you think so. There are sidenoders with superior range and mobility to warrior, and warrior itself lacks any skills that cover node.

shield block, full counter, gs3, bulls, endure pain, dash, various dagger leaps make for a REALLY FUCKING GOOD kite.name a class that has better mobility for escape then warrior for example? or deals better with +1, cuz not a single one comes to my mind.as for aoe spam on node, warriors wins node differently, he expands your cds, and ways to remove stuns, then stunlocks you and 100%-0% kills you, you dont need pulsing aoe for this.

@Kodama.6453 said:

@Kodama.6453 said:Honestly, what are people expecting when it comes to balancing mesmer?

Chronomancer: Has the ability to reset all their cooldowns and health to a previous point. This mechanic is responsible for making them
the
best dps class in PvE by a large margin. It also makes them great tanks, btw. Who would have thought that it is really strong to be able to do everything your class can do
twice
?

Really? You think the fact that chronomancer can double summon phantasms (which are some of their highest damage skills) with chronophantasma and that they can then double all their dps skills again with chronoshift isn't one of the major reasons why this class is top performer in dps?

Oh, and btw, benchmarks are usually recorded under the condition of
permanent alacrity
anyway. So alacrity obviously can't be the reason why power chronomancer has the highest benchmark of all.

oh sorry, i said "main reason chrono is good in pve". when it comes to dps, chronophantasma is the main culprit (a trait that should be removed, which i've said literally for years).

what is conventional or not is irrelevant and stupid thing to say. is perfect stealth with no drawback a conventional mechanic? how about necro having more than double the effective hp of other classes? how about thief being able to use their skills multiple times with zero cooldown? how about rev thief guard being able to teleport burst you through walls. who knows - and who cares.

@Shao.7236 said:

@"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:Mirage needs both its dodge rolls back though.

Find a different way to balance it. It doesn't enough front loaded defenses to survive any serious offense at this point.

It isn't just about dodge rolls, there's Jaunt, Blink, Stealth, target breaking, visual clutter, rng dazes, F4.

Indeed. But see, they can't stay on a node anymore with that stuff. To use all that stealth and teleport disengage, they have to functionally retreat and sacrifice the node to do it. This doesn't work well for Mirage in conquest.

Coming from someone who runs a strong blindside, similar to the kind of DPS pressure laid by a good Power Shiro, I notice lately that Chronomancers actually survive vicious offensive onslaughts better than Mirage. Which is unfortunate because being "dodgey" was kind of the point of Mirage. Seems like I notice that this happens because Chrono still has 2 front loaded dodges to survive a burst in conjunction with the other mechanisms it has for CCs and resets and counter offensive pressure. At this point Mirage is just missing too much of its original defense. They also removed the amulets that made Mirage good in the past.

Earlier I said that "Mes/Chrono/Mirage is in the best place it's been in a long time" but really I should have been more careful in how I said that. It's really just Chrono that's in a good place and functionally balanced imo. Core Mes and Mirage are hurting. Good Chronos are dangerous right now though.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:Mirage needs both its dodge rolls back though.

Find a different way to balance it. It doesn't enough front loaded defenses to survive any serious offense at this point.

It isn't just about dodge rolls, there's Jaunt, Blink, Stealth, target breaking, visual clutter, rng dazes, F4.

Indeed. But see, they can't stay on a node anymore with that stuff. To use all that stealth and teleport disengage, they have to functionally retreat and sacrifice the node to do it. This doesn't work well for Mirage in conquest.

Coming from someone who runs a strong blindside, similar to the kind of DPS pressure laid by a good Power Shiro, I notice lately that Chronomancers actually survive vicious offensive onslaughts better than Mirage. Which is unfortunate because being "dodgey" was kind of the point of Mirage. Seems like I notice that this happens because Chrono still has 2 front loaded dodges to survive a burst in conjunction with the other mechanisms it has for CCs and resets and counter offensive pressure. At this point Mirage is just missing too much of its original defense. They also removed the amulets that made Mirage good in the past.

Earlier I said that "Mes/Chrono/Mirage is in the best place it's been in a long time" but really I should have been more careful in how I said that. It's really just Chrono that's in a good place and functionally balanced imo. Core Mes and Mirage are hurting. Good Chronos are dangerous right now though.

Mirrors should be laid around the node to be used, if anything. Mirage or Mesmer in general outside of the old chrono is not something I've ever seen stand on node outside of full signets Chrono. They're good and kitting around anyway because standing on node is not gonna help deceive opponents.

When they had two dodges, it mean for not only a bit of sustain but also significant damage which was part of the bigger problem, asking players to stunlock a mirage is pratically useless with all those tools because you never can punish.

@Quadox.7834 said:

which rng dazes?

Can just guess that he meant Chaos Storm with that, but this skill doesn't daze randomly anymore, but always at the first strike.

However, even stronger than a random daze, mesmer has access to instant dazes. Instant ranged CC is a pretty strong mechanic, considering that it basically makes it impossible for you to use your healing skill as long as you are not buffed with stability.