Guardian get nerf...

Exile.8160

@"zuzu.6014" said:Lol guardian was nerfed? XDDD Hes most broken class in the game right now so omega lol he was nerfed I wonder how broken was he before "nerf".Nerf this ...

Why does that justify guard to be useless outside of support?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guardian has been so unbelievably OP for so long that all guardian players thought that was the status quo, the norm. And now that Anet is finally balancing guardian they suddenly realize that without being OP they suck. So they cry bloody murder.

In the end it's all ANet's fault, they should have never allowed it to last this long, they spoiled an entire generation of players, and now they have to l2p, so of course they are angry

@"Konrad Curze.5130" said:Guardian has been so unbelievably OP for so long that all guardian players thought that was the status quo, the norm. And now that Anet is finally balancing guardian they suddenly realize that without being OP they suck. So they cry bloody murder.

In the end it's all ANet's fault, they should have never allowed it to last this long, they spoiled an entire generation of players, and now they have to l2p, so of course they are angry

What are you talking about? Lol every single build that guards have ever got has been nerf into the ground?

Keep in mind not nerf like rev holo thief or nec which has been "nerf" yet they still have the same build being meta.

How have we been OP for long?

Power Guard - goneMedi guard - goneBurn core - goneOriginal DH - gonePower DH - goneSupport FB - goneSymbolbrand - goneBurn FB -goneBurn DH - goneShout core - was gone for years but recently came back and currently the only consistent build for guards.

@"snoow.1694" said:All within one year and all nerfs after the Feb 2020 patch btw. Support Core Guard is next on that list, since after Menders will be removed Tempest with Mist Form and blink or Healbreaker with Shield 5, mobility and Full Counter spam will be more likely to survive as supports than Guardians

puXKBji.jpg

warrior had 1 meta build since feb 2020 and that lasted for 2 months in a total of 14 months, which means warrior is down for 12 months since feb 2020

@Tharan.9085 said:I don't know, I still crush ppl in p2 with my core power guard, maybe you just need to stop crying and get good?

Probe the same kind of people that win in a landslide because the enemy team was either fighting, had bots or a leaver and call themselves good and tell the rest to get good.

@Exile.8160 said:

@Tharan.9085 said:I don't know, I still crush ppl in p2 with my core power guard, maybe you just need to stop crying and get good?

Probe the same kind of people that win in a landslide because the enemy team was either fighting, had bots or a leaver and call themselves good and tell the rest to get good.

that's why I am consisten up there on different classes and builds, makes sense

@Exile.8160 said:

@Math.5123 said:I will debunk this today, I'll come back and stream some zerk guard tonight.

Well make sure to put the whole stream up and not just the good bits to prove a point ;)

@Math.5123 said:I will debunk this today, I'll come back and stream some zerk guard tonight.

I was gonna do same thing.

Post with me so we can end this silly debacle.

https://www.twitch.tv/i_am_math_

Going live in like 15.

I ended up streaming a Druid test tonight rather than Guard, but I did find a decent Guard build that I felt was working well. I can say that DH and FB felt bad while running tests and trying to figure something out, but this one Core Guard build I threw together was working out surprisingly well. I made this build because I felt that traditional Core Burst Guard builds lack the disengage factor and sustained pressure to be able to deal with being caught in 1v1s against things like Holo or Renegade as examples. Try this build if you haven't tried something like this already. It works, just don't try to face tank like older builds. You need to kite and move, not soak damage:

• Marauder/Speed Rune
  • Scepter/Shield Energy Courge - Greatsword Energy Courage
  • Valor 212 - Honor 331 - Virtue 123
  • 6 Litany - 7 Contemplation - 8 Stand Ground - 9 Retreat - 0 Feel Wrath

It plays just like a Reaper that has a lot of team buffs for team fights. It's bringing team stability/stun breaks, a lot of team aegis, team quickness fury, team might buffing, and decent level of team cleanse.

I'm not saying this build is massively OP, but it was working and seemed potent as a team fight presence. It can 1v1 everything on a side node except heavy boon removal or fire weavers. I'm not saying this is the BEST variant possible post patch, I'm just saying it works and it certainly has damage output.

@snoow.1694 said:

@Zodi.8932 said:I’m still going pretty strong tbh on my burn DH in G3, P1. I win most 1 on 1s.

But yeah necros are simply another level at the moment. A decent scourge or reaper carries matches alone and I have seen them solo kill 3 players in a few games recently.

I bet 1000 gold you would lose 1v1 against every Plat 1 Soulbeast, Core Ranger, Weaver, Reaper, Mirage, Power Herald, Condi Herald, Core Necro, Spellbreaker, Holo and Scrapper 5-95. What are you even talking about when you play practically a glasscanon in terms of traits who can‘t put on any form of pressure anymore, since they nerfed burn by 50%. They could have made Sword of Justice a one-hit skill and the problem would have been solved - instead they nerfed the whole spec into uselessness

You would have a good shot vs reaper maybe, everything else is spot on at least in PvP. Guardian is basically a hit and run class with no disengage and is basically one of the worst 1v1 professions atm because of that reason as far as PvP goes, the main defense(block) are on a rather high CD when you try to juggle between dmg and sustain