DRMs Bugged? Crazy easy after the patch!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"mindcircus.1506" said:All this ever took was a decent team who worked the mechanics.Yeah that is quite possibly true. No doubt, though, Snowdon's timer was and to some extent still is, out of step with the others. With the other DRMs, the timer "challenge" barely merits the name!

Leaving it in for as long as you have now without a patch, you might as well keep it like this. I've seen people doing CMs for 24hrs since this bug got known. After all, it takes no skill whatsoever, you can even solo the CMs on a bear bow now. Reverting it will make those not reading the forums/reddit feel cheated.

@darksome.1697 said:Leaving it in for as long as you have now without a patch, you might as well keep it like this. I've seen people doing CMs for 24hrs since this bug got known. After all, it takes no skill whatsoever, you can even solo the CMs on a bear bow now. Reverting it will make those not reading the forums/reddit feel cheated.Please no! I can't face doing these three times a day in this braindead mode!

@Jong.5937 said:

@darksome.1697 said:Leaving it in for as long as you have now without a patch, you might as well keep it like this. I've seen people doing CMs for 24hrs since this bug got known. After all, it takes no skill whatsoever, you can even solo the CMs on a bear bow now. Reverting it will make those not reading the forums/reddit feel cheated.Please no! I can't face doing these three times a day in this braindead mode!

So then don't. The challenge that these missions exerted are less fun and less rewarding than other things in the game. For the time that it takes to do one of these, you can just do a T4 fractal. I generally spend my time in WvW and THAT provides more rewards (and fun) than these damn things. Once the bug gets fixed, the participation rate will plummet again. The only reason people are even doing them right now is to snatch the achievements and bailing. That speaks more about the content rather than the bug/exploit.

@darksome.1697 said:Leaving it in for as long as you have now without a patch, you might as well keep it like this. I've seen people doing CMs for 24hrs since this bug got known. After all, it takes no skill whatsoever, you can even solo the CMs on a bear bow now. Reverting it will make those not reading the forums/reddit feel cheated.Let me get this straight.... we're now to make allowances for people who didn't cheat in a timely manner?This community... seriously.

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@darksome.1697 said:Leaving it in for as long as you have now without a patch, you might as well keep it like this. I've seen people doing CMs for 24hrs since this bug got known. After all, it takes no skill whatsoever, you can even solo the CMs on a bear bow now. Reverting it will make those not reading the forums/reddit feel cheated.Let me get this straight.... we're now to make allowances for people who didn't cheat in a timely manner?This community... seriously.

I forgot to put a sarcasm mode on. Tbh, just looking at my friends list, the number of people there now constantly in CMs racking up all the AP that would otherwise have taken some effort is staggering. They should have patched this immediately. 24+ hours later, they're too late to the party.

@Bristingr.5034 said:

So then don't. The challenge that these missions exerted are less fun and less rewarding than other things in the game. For the time that it takes to do one of these, you can just do a T4 fractal. I generally spend my time in WvW and THAT provides more rewards (and fun) than these kitten things.

I spend most of my time in WvW too, so you'll get no argument from me there. But, regarding DRMs, I'll agree they have been done on the cheap and are pretty repetitive, but there are unique rewards, unique mats and a unique currency that may still be used for something useful (e.g. legendary amulet). Also, before this bug, the widespread application and need for removal, of buffs is a nice evolution, even from T4 fractals.

The rewards in gold may not be as high but they do offer a different challenge and the mats/currency may be needed later. I'd prefer to do them during these events rather than in a month when the scene really is dead!

@darksome.1697 said:

I forgot to put a sarcasm mode on. Tbh, just looking at my friends list, the number of people there now constantly in CMs racking up all the AP that would otherwise have taken some effort is staggering. They should have patched this immediately. 24+ hours later, they're too late to the party.

Totally agree.

ill be honest i found the drms i did today was more fun then any i did before lol. I'm all for hard content but making it "hard" by giving it a f*** ton of hp, so you have to stare at your screen for 10 minutes for something to die isn't hard or fun. it just kinda sucks >.<

The pacing of some of them like lake doric, snowden, and fireheart rn actually was fun to me. When they 'fix' it they should just make things hit harder but keep things dying fast like this.

GW2 has always been a really casual game over all. I think thats why when ever something needs to be adjusted its hard for the dev's to improve things because they need to ignore so many insecure gamers like half the comments in this thread. I think for anyone who actually does all the content in this game it's pretty clear that gw2 is a pretty casual game, so you end up with lots of insecure gamers who cling to anything that is hard to clear no matter if its hard because its actually hard(rarely), too easy(half the strike achievements are 'hard' because people kill stuff way too fast lol), its hard to find a group for it, or just because of design oversights.

Failing rewards after 20 minutes just because of a timer being too tight isnt fun. I'd rather the timer not be one of the challenges and instead be more of a bonus thing like it is in strikes, only start at the final boss, or some other change. Just in general DRMs need balance work and most people don't enjoy them as is. I think it's really transparent when you see people jumping at chances to say "BUT THEY EASY" Anyone with some sense can tell those people only care about identifying themselves as someone who it was "easy" for before this bug instead of actually caring if this game improves in quality.

But that's just my cynical realistic outlook on things. (shrug)

@mindcircus.1506 said:This bug is awful and absolutely sucked the fun out of my group's DRM run last night.

Please fix these as soon as possible and revoke the acheivements from anyone who has exploited this bug to get them.

Anet making a mistake and players running drms to get achieves is not an exploit. I still won't do them as drm's are boring to me but sure let anyone run them until anet fixes but no you don't get to reset their progress because you think you earned them and are special or something.

@Jilora.9524 said:

@mindcircus.1506 said:This bug is awful and absolutely sucked the fun out of my group's DRM run last night.

Please fix these as soon as possible and revoke the acheivements from anyone who has exploited this bug to get them.

Anet making a mistake and players running drms to get achieves is not an exploit. I still won't do them as drm's are boring to me but sure let anyone run them until anet fixes but no you don't get to reset their progress because you think you earned them and are special or something.Knowingly leveraging a bug to advance your character/account is the very definition of exploiting.

@mindcircus.1506 said:

Anet making a mistake and players running drms to get achieves is not an exploit. I still won't do them as drm's are boring to me but sure let anyone run them until anet fixes but no you don't get to reset their progress because you think you earned them and are special or something.Knowingly leveraging a bug to advance your character/account is the very definition of exploiting.

They adjust difficulty all the time so not everyone would have known it wasn't intended. Now if i thought it wasn't because you had achieves and others didn't i might agree but this was all because you saw many getting achieves easier and were mad your achieves were of less value because you earned it hence the stalking of lfg to see all these exploiters. Like Boneskinner man was ez too hard easier again and now. Or metas so some probably didn't knowingly take advantage and noone should get reset.

@Jilora.9524 said:

They adjust difficulty all the time so not everyone would have known it wasn't intended. Now if i thought it wasn't because you had achieves and others didn't i might agree but this was all because you saw many getting achieves easier and were mad your achieves were of less value because you earned it hence the stalking of lfg to see all these exploiters. Like Boneskinner man was ez too hard easier again and now. Or metas so some probably didn't knowingly take advantage and noone should get reset.

Difficulty adjustments are usually announced and it's fairly obvious that a CM being the same difficulty as normal mode is not intentional.

@DKRathalos.9625 said:

@Bristingr.5034 said:Just checked the boards. Nobody is doing DRMs now. Shocker.

They actually improved activity on it accidentally and then they pull the rug out. Zzz.

Lol yeah. The bug is actually the perfect difficulty for DRM considering the reward is little.

Well fortunately for you that difficulty can be found in normal DRMs.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Bristingr.5034 said:Just checked the boards. Nobody is doing DRMs now. Shocker.

They actually improved activity on it accidentally and then they pull the rug out. Zzz.

Lol yeah. The bug is actually the perfect difficulty for DRM considering the reward is little.

Then they need to make the rewards equal to the difficulty. Which at CM mode, it's not, not by a long shot.

Hard tasks are fine. Hard (read: TIME-CONSUMING) tasks with stingy rewards are not fine.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

Enemies were stronger when it was bugged. The bug ultimately had little impact when solo, making the CMs a little faster while normal was slower.