Guards Need...

Exile.8160

Since everything has been nerf since the feb patch guards need a tiny boost.

Guards needs a better healthpool atleast a medium one. The lowest one for a heavy armor class is an outdated concept.

And a speedboost trait thats not on an elite spec!!! For far too many years guards( mostly non support) have been hard stuck with a speed rune and recetly a shout that most of the time takes up a skill slot that could be used better.

@Kodama.6453 said:Guardian has a low health pool because of their access to active defenses, passively gaining aegis and such.

The chances of them buffing their health pool is really close to zero.

Thats an outdates concept for when there were only core classes.

Now every profession has access to all that and more thanks to elite spec and buffs. Just look at the elite specs of Necs Revs Engi Ele Wars Rangers ans Mes (until it got nerf)

@Exile.8160 said:

@"Kodama.6453" said:Guardian has a low health pool because of their access to active defenses, passively gaining aegis and such.

Now every profession has access to all that and more thanks to elite spec and buffs. Just look at the elite specs of Necs Revs Engi Ele Wars Rangers ans Mes (until it got nerf)

This would just be an argument if guardian wouldn't have elite specs to enhance their defenses as well. Which is not the case.

Guardian is still one of the classes at the upper end of active defenses available, similar like thief. Are you suggesting that we should buff thief's health pool to medium as well "because it is an outdated concept"?

@Kodama.6453 said:

@Kodama.6453 said:Guardian has a low health pool because of their access to active defenses, passively gaining aegis and such.

This would just be an argument if guardian wouldn't have elite specs to enhance their defenses as well. Which is not the case.

Guardian is still one of the classes at the upper end of active defenses available, similar like thief. Are you suggesting that we should buff thief's health pool to medium as well "because it is an outdated concept"?

DH is mostly an offensive elite spec and FB had been nerf so much its bearly one.

Thieves elite specs focuses on even more stealth, evades and mobility to keep them alive so I dont see a diffrence there.

Also let this sinck in... all defensive amultes have been basically removed something guards use to make their core concept to full use right? What if thief lost most dps amulets? What then?

Most ppl would say then buff thiefs dmg to offset this right? See the double standars?

@Exile.8160 said:Most ppl would say then buff thiefs dmg to offset this right? See the double standars?

Good argument, wrong conclusion.

The comparison you are making here is not quite accurate. Sure, they would probably buff thief's damage in this case. But how would they buff their damage?

What is more likely, that anet buffs thief's base power to a higher level to give them more damage or to just buff damage spells in various ways (less cooldown, higher power coefficients, higher condition stacks, etc)?Obviously, it is going to be the latter.

See, I don't say they can't buff guardians defense if it's needed (not entirely sure if it is needed rn).But I am saying that this buff you suggest here, giving them the medium health tier while guardians have been low health tier for their entire existence, simply won't happen.If a buff to their defense is needed, then they will buff their active defense skills (less cooldown, higher protection uptime, more cleanses, etc.).

I should have been more specific but yes by thief dmg I ment what you wrote.

Dont get me wrong a buff to defensive skill of guard would be a welcome thing. But most of the time when trying to make a guard build you are always limited by either runes with 25% speed ( which are only 2) or retreat which without trait is almost useless and an amulet that has to have vitality (which are few that have vitality with the other combination of stats you may need) or else suffer with 11k health.

Basically I want them to have more options and variety of rune and amulets when making a build.

@Exile.8160 said:I should have been more specific but yes by thief dmg I ment what you wrote.

Dont get me wrong a buff to defensive skill of guard would be a welcome thing. But most of the time when trying to make a guard build you are always limited by either runes with 25% speed ( which are only 2) or retreat which without trait is almost useless and an amulet that has to have vitality (which are few that have vitality with the other combination of stats you may need) or else suffer with 11k health.

Basically I want them to have more options and variety of rune and amulets when making a build.

Guard has more options than most classes. Their traits are very strong and all the traitlines are viable in some way, they have a lot of strong utilities, and lots of viable weapons. Being slow is part of their class design, just as being fast is part of thief class design. And even then they have pretty solid combat mobility through JI, sword 2, gs 3, and f2 with DH. If you really want movement speed without running runes or swiftness skills then play with someone who can share it. It kind of sounds like guardian isnt the right class for you given all the complaints you have.

@Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

@Exile.8160 said:I should have been more specific but yes by thief dmg I ment what you wrote.

Dont get me wrong a buff to defensive skill of guard would be a welcome thing. But most of the time when trying to make a guard build you are
always
limited by either runes with 25% speed ( which are only 2) or retreat which without trait is almost useless and an amulet that has to have vitality (which are few that have vitality with the other combination of stats you may need) or else suffer with 11k health.

Basically I want them to have more
options
and variety of rune and amulets when making a build.

Guard has more options than most classes. Their traits are very strong and all the traitlines are viable in some way, they have a lot of strong utilities, and lots of viable weapons. Being slow is part of their class design, just as being fast is part of thief class design. And even then they have pretty solid combat mobility through JI, sword 2, gs 3, and f2 with DH. If you really want movement speed without running runes or swiftness skills then play with someone who can share it. It kind of sounds like guardian isnt the right class for you given all the complaints you have.

See you cant just compare a 25% speed trait to a thief mobility. Also JI and sword 2 are conditional mobility.

Anyways Im just asking for a way to get more rune and amulets options and suggested a way to get it.

@Exile.8160 said:

Dont get me wrong a buff to defensive skill of guard would be a welcome thing. But most of the time when trying to make a guard build you are
always
limited by either runes with 25% speed ( which are only 2) or retreat which without trait is almost useless and an amulet that has to have vitality (which are few that have vitality with the other combination of stats you may need) or else suffer with 11k health.

options

See you cant just compare a 25% speed trait to a thief mobility. Also JI and sword 2 are conditional mobility.

Anyways Im just asking for a way to get more rune and amulets options and suggested a way to get it.

Rework grandmaster minor in virtues to: Gain 11% movement speed for every virtue off cooldown.

This will help guardian to rotate faster, but won't help with in-combat movement speed.

@Math.5123 said:

always

options

Rework grandmaster minor in virtues to: Gain 11% movement speed for every virtue off cooldown.

This will help guardian to rotate faster, but won't help with in-combat movement speed.

This is a really good idea! I like it.

@Exile.8160 said:

always

options

This is a really good idea! I like it.

I've brought up that example in the shadow meetings with cmc already. He liked it, but need the skill team to rework it.

@Exile.8160 said:Lets hope it goes to live then ?. No more hard lock to speed runes or retreat.

Unfortunately, it is unlikely to happen anytime soon.Skill team is currently working on elite specs for EoD, hence why balance changes currently are just number changes.

So this most likely won't get implemented before EoD releases.