Skritt Mobilisation Items

I really like the Mobilisation Effort weeklies, they're usually fun to do, and though they're sometimes a bit heavy on the requirements (the 'do the Drizzlewood meta' every day comes to mind) they are generally pretty fun and refreshing.

I'm really disappointed with the lack of items for some factions though, Olmahkan was bad if you hadn't gotten the latest masteries yet (because you couldn't buy any of the stuff) but the Skritts just straight up only offer 1 skin? Was there really no skin set or items you could add here that you didn't have to specifically make for this (like you did with the Exalted for example)? It just feels so sad to earn Marks that you can then not really turn into anything at all. And even if it isn't (new) skins, you could just make a selection of other items available right?

Honestly since it clashes with Super Adventure Box I'm happy to have less stuff to buy with support marks, because it means I won't feel as much pressure to do the achievements every day.

Having said that I agree they could have included an existing weapon set or something. I'm not sure which one but I'm sure they could find a suitable one.

@"Parasite.5389" said:Arenanet, if i can make a suggestion:please add the Ultra Shiny skins to this event, I'm sure many of the people that were around for the original event aren't running raids to get these skins, so it would be a good opportunity for newer player, or those that missed out on the event to get these skins

That's a really clever idea and fits right in with the Skritt theme. I wonder why they didn't run with it.

@"Parasite.5389" said:Arenanet, if i can make a suggestion:please add the Ultra Shiny skins to this event, I'm sure many of the people that were around for the original event aren't running raids to get these skins, so it would be a good opportunity for newer player, or those that missed out on the event to get these skins

You can get these in raids?

That would explain why my stash of Djinn Clusters hasn't made me rich yet :<

@videoboy.4162 said:

@"Parasite.5389" said:Arenanet, if i can make a suggestion:please add the
skins to this event, I'm sure many of the people that were around for the original event aren't running raids to get these skins, so it would be a good opportunity for newer player, or those that missed out on the event to get these skins

That's a really clever idea and fits right in with the Skritt theme. I wonder why they didn't run with it.

Probably because they haven't used these vendors to give out existing rewards and players can already obtain these from doing raids or failing enough times to get like 120 gaeting crystals.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

skins to this event, I'm sure many of the people that were around for the original event aren't running raids to get these skins, so it would be a good opportunity for newer player, or those that missed out on the event to get these skins

Probably because they haven't used these vendors to give out existing rewards and players can already obtain these from doing raids or failing enough times to get like 120 gaeting crystals.

They have though, the Exalted offered Auric Weapons.

This is a good idea.

@Prophet of Flames.2783 said:

Ah. I didn’t realize since I had them already. Regardless, chances are extremely low that they’d had them.

@Infusion.7149 said:

This is a good idea.

No thank you, the Djinn clusters are for sale on the TP still, thousands of them.

@Hesione.9412 said:

This is a good idea.

No thank you, the Djinn clusters are for sale on the TP still, thousands of them.Most people buying those are probably gambling for the peerless infusions , which are also in the Ultra Rare drop category for those. The Ultra Shiny skins have no market value after all. It is possible you open 500+ of them and not get the full set.

P.S. It doesn't affect me since I already have all the Ultra Shiny skins.

@Infusion.7149 said:

This is a good idea.

No thank you, the Djinn clusters are for sale on the TP still, thousands of them.Most people buying those are probably gambling for the peerless infusions , which are also in the Ultra Rare drop category for those. The Ultra Shiny skins have no market value after all. It is possible you open 500+ of them and not get the full set.

I am pointing out they can still be obtained within game, pretty much the same way that they were originally obtained as the mining(?) for the clusters was incredibly bad.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

They have though, the Exalted offered Auric Weapons.> @Hesione.9412 said:

This is a good idea.

No thank you, the Djinn clusters are for sale on the TP still, thousands of them.

Still quite expensive to get all or even some of the skins through that though, especially the Shiny versions. You'd spend 100s of gold probably.

@Prophet of Flames.2783 said:

You already said this and I already responded back.

@Hesione.9412 said:

This is a good idea.

Still quite expensive to get all or even some of the skins through that though, especially the Shiny versions. You'd spend 100s of gold probably.

Probably 40G at most to get all of the essences for all of the weapons depending on your luck. Never mind. I didn't realize the essences were RNG within the clusters. Much quicker to go the raid route. You'd probably end up getting enough by joining a training squad whether or not it's successful at killing a boss.

@Hesione.9412 said:

This is a good idea.

I am pointing out they can still be obtained within game, pretty much the same way that they were originally obtained as the mining(?) for the clusters was incredibly bad.

The acquisition method is more contrived than before. Mining the nodes was 100% drop rate and was open-world boss content. If you assume the average player doesn't raid so they can't get the condensed ley-line essences directly, buying the djinn clusters only has uncommon drop rate for the ley-line essences , rare for shiny weapons, and ultra rare (i.e. gambling) for ultra shiny weapons.Even if you raid, it requires 6 condensed ley-line essence for each shiny weapon and then another 6 to upgrade it to ultra shiny. For 10 weapons that's 60 condensed ley-line essences each costing 20 silver + 10 gaetling crystals which is over 4 weeks (due to 150 cap per week) if you do all of the wings unless you get a drop you can salvage.

The only other age-related "expensive" item that I believe would actually be fitting is Zephyr Rucksack Skin , but that is something that has an inflated value and has an alternate acquisition method (Zephyrite Curio Box). Similarly, skins people that won't buy anymore due to Mystic Coins' value rising would be an idea: Courage (the bottle skinned focus) , Tear of Grenth (piece of glass as a dagger), or Seasatchel (a bag skin for focus) for example. Improvised Dagger (broken bottle) would fit but is a Black Lion skin so it would obviously not be chosen. Similarly, a large number of skritt seem to carry a round shield resembling the Guardian of the Six skin which is less than 1 gold so it isn't exactly a great pick.

Just pointing at that as far as I remember there was never any mining for these Djinn Clusters. Originally, you got them through the World Boss week event. I don't know of any mining having been added later, but I don't think there was?

Adding these skins (though I already have all) would've definitely fit and been better than just the current offer, which basically forces you into the RNG boxxes or just getting Marks from them after the event.

You mined the nodes that appear after defeating a world boss in the eventhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Azure_Condensed_Ley-Line_Essence

• Mined from Azure Ley-Line Nodes after defeating World bosses during the Destabilized Magic event.

see https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Azure_Ley-Line_Node

and the event page https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Destabilized_Magic

You mined the nodes that appear after defeating a world boss in the eventhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Azure_Condensed_Ley-Line_Essence

• Mined from Azure Ley-Line Nodes after defeating World bosses during the Destabilized Magic event.

@"Infusion.7149" said:You mined the nodes that appear after defeating a world boss in the eventhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Azure_Condensed_Ley-Line_Essence

Ah yeah sure, I remember now. But still, that isn't exactly 'mining' it's killing world bosses (and then F-ing a node instead of a chest).

The worst part of bad rewards is, not only are they inherently unappealing to go after, they also mean less people are going to do the content to get them, resulting in lower party participation if you did want whats on tap

DRM lfg is already dead in NA primetime

Anyone who wanted the fancy dragon slayer weapons probably already farmed them last cycle and anyone who hasn't is probably better off just soloing the content than waiting for a party to form at this rate

@Substance E.4852 said:The worst part of bad rewards is, not only are they inherently unappealing to go after, they also mean less people are going to do the content to get them, resulting in lower party participation if you did want whats on tap

DRM lfg is already dead in NA primetime

Anyone who wanted the fancy dragon slayer weapons probably already farmed them last cycle and anyone who hasn't is probably better off just soloing the content than waiting for a party to form at this rate

Just do them solo you can do normal ones with ease, cms with practice except prob Snowden.

EditShould have read the whole post.