Mystic Coin Scarcity Problem - [Merged]

I wouldn't mind it if they used this valuable item as an incentive to complete content. People still do the ley-line anomaly because of these coins. ArenaNet even try bribe people to join PvP tournaments with them! Might as well as use them to get people to do older content that people neglect. Maybe have a selection of neglected events in a rotation for a daily achievement?

• Thanks 1

@"borgs.6103" said:Did it not occur to you people who think there's a Mystic Coin scarcity problem that a lot of players, more so now than ever before, have faster ways to get the other ingredients of a legendary and that is creating a quicker demand for it?I mean, compare the prices of T6 mats years ago when MCs were cheap. Legendary ingredients just shifted in price. They more or less cost the same throughout the years. (Except the precursors got way cheaper) So same farming time, same cost. Just now, instead of the T6 mats having the bulk of the price, it's them blasted coins because there are a lot more people needing it faster than what the playerbase was used to.

Possible

The other explanation is that people aren't logging in as frequently as they used to meaning that the log in reward calendar isn't completing at the same rate as it did back when we weren't forced to look to DRM's for "new, exciting content"

Demand for legendary's stays relatively the same but supply of coins goes down

My desire for Frostfang might stay the same if I only log in once a week but my coin generation gets cut to 1/7 that of a daily logger

• 1 month later...

Hello Dear Developers,
What the bloody kitten are you guyz doing over there? Market is crashing every day and every item keeps fluctuating . I have spend three years in this game and I feel like being cheated. I have spent soooo much money in this game and this guy just has 503 infusions of khan ur?? are you kittening kidding me? cant you even detect what the bloody kitten is happening inside his account? This is posted in YouTube by  Sam Ajaste and I demand an explanation for this kitten! I spent countless hours of farming to get 6 aurilium infusions, a mystic infusion and few other cheap infusions all the prices crashed and I assumed the economy is bad and my luck is pure kitten! after taking a look at this video and screenshot I'm never logging in back to this game. Thanks for kittening me in the kitten after I have invested countless hours in this game since a period of three years. There is no kittening way 503 infusions of khan your dropped in the game. It is impossible. This guy either hacked or duplicated or spawned those items. How did you even not monitor that??? There are speculations that all his guild members have same kind of kitten. I need an explanation for this!!!

https://youtu.be/zuS3_LRHl_4

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Ayrilana.1396 said:

If you had researched further before demanding answers then you would see that the person in question has already been banned.  There is also two other threads about this on the very first page.

But the damage has already been done!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, HauntinG.5746 said:

I felt exclusive with my achievements, time spend and the money I dumped into this game. What do you mean by they don't have to explain anything to me? what entitlement did I ask for?  Did you pay for my kittening account??? did you grind the silver??? did you do the raids and made legendary armors?? did you craft all gen 1+ gen 2 legendary weapons???? did you craft all legendary backs and accessories??? who the kitten are you???? keep your kittening kitten to yourself!

No but i grinded my own set of all of the above and him having infusions isnt affecting me in any way at all. What ima cry bcuz hes shinier than me now?? Is him being shinier gunna make me lose in wvw?, or is it gunna make him solo raids all the sudden?

Your just going on baby tantrum is all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, Ayrilana.1396 said:

What impact would that be?  Do you have any evidence to support an everlasting impact on the economy?

Did you look at the items in his inventory?? he had stacks of chak egg sacs and khan-urs. Lets take one simple thing a mystic infusion for example. It was valued at 6500G when I purchased it. Today it is valued at 2700G - 3000G how did it drastically drop? how many did he dump into the market to drop? how many more players like him did the same thing? what was Anet doing?? sleeping? You don't need evidence. You just need common sense after seeing his inventory.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Ayrilana.1396 said:

If you had researched further before demanding answers then you would see that the person in question has already been banned.  There is also two other threads about this on the very first page.

Have you ever sold any Mystic coin ? Just open TP mate lol

• Haha 2
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, Ayrilana.1396 said:

yes after someone posted it. this should never happen. They should have scripts to observe this kind of situations.

someone has 16 mil gold and over 35 mil worth of items. Items in such high quantity that it's nearly impossible?!?! they had to know this and if they didnt they dont care until someone make it public. Both are not great news 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

He's banned. MC prices are going down because he was putting a wall on them to get them to go up. That wall is now gone.

Other items going down could be permanent but it could also more likely be temporary - seeing as the rare infusions etc are going to stay rare.

If you're going to be pissed about something, be pissed knowing that a dupe was reported multiple times to ANet 1+ year ago and that same dupe was still possible a few months ago.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hanabal lecter.2495 said:

They don't have to explain anything to you chill with the i demand an explanation entitlement. They will work to resolve the problem on  their end hopefully soon.

I have bought 20 character slots, 400$ worth of mount skins, max storage expanders, max bank tabs, max shared inventory slots, black lion keys every season, 3 years of hardcore farming, several other items from gen store to support this game and the developers just let a guy have 503 infusions of khan ur when the map of aquisition was released 600 days ago. The amount of dumps and fluctuations the guys like that did was not responded by Anet for what period of time? no one knows. Why would you just randomly talk nonsense on this guyz post where he raised serious concerns? NOW ANSWER MY QUESTION - I have spent thousands of dollars on this game, countless hours of farming for countless items what did Anet all this time when they could have spotted the issue and secured it!I

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ayrilana.1396 said:

So far I understand it this was the guild bank so far it isn't his personal there are more people involved.

3 hours ago, HauntinG.5746 said:

Hello Dear Developers,
What the bloody kitten are you guyz doing over there? Market is crashing every day and every item keeps fluctuating . I have spend three years in this game and I feel like being cheated. I have spent soooo much money in this game and this guy just has 503 infusions of khan ur?? are you kittening kidding me? cant you even detect what the bloody kitten is happening inside his account? This is posted in YouTube by  Sam Ajaste and I demand an explanation for this kitten! I spent countless hours of farming to get 6 aurilium infusions, a mystic infusion and few other cheap infusions all the prices crashed and I assumed the economy is bad and my luck is pure kitten! after taking a look at this video and screenshot I'm never logging in back to this game. Thanks for kittening me in the kitten after I have invested countless hours in this game since a period of three years. There is no kittening way 503 infusions of khan your dropped in the game. It is impossible. This guy either hacked or duplicated or spawned those items. How did you even not monitor that??? There are speculations that all his guild members have same kind of kitten. I need an explanation for this!!!

https://youtu.be/zuS3_LRHl_4

Well first I wanted to say it has something to do with the exodus of players and how some liquefy their money before quit but well I see they are dubbing xD . How they do it no clue but I can give you a picture why this is possible.

https://i.imgur.com/FaiTwLT.jpg

PS: Those are all bugs which the game throws at you.

Edited by Lord of the Fire.6870

I raised a similar concern in a different thread.

We have no idea how much guys like that are controlling the in game economy.

But this guys MC wall was spotted by the community a while ago and Anet didn't see any red flags whatsoever.

I have to admit, i didn't either. But Anet should have, i don't have the insight into the game as they do.

Makes me think how much manipulation of in game goods guys like that are doing with illegal means.

It doesn't look good, and it certainly leaves a sour taste in legitimate players mouths.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

I raised a similar concern in a different thread.

We have no idea how much guys like that are controlling the in game economy.

But this guys MC wall was spotted by the community a while ago and Anet didn't see any red flags whatsoever.

I have to admit, i didn't either. But Anet should have, i don't have the insight into the game as they do.

Actually, there was no red flags because it was completely possible to set up such a wall without any form of cheating. It was not the wealth of the person in question that set the people wondering - it was only a sign of stacks of very specific items that became a warning sight. Because those numbers were next to being just plain impossible to obtain - again, not because of the wealth required, but only due to the very limited supply of them.

Basically, when people have seen the MC wall put up, they didn;t become suspicious because it was well withing the realm of possibility. And not just for that one player, but for many - most of them i'm sure are very legitimate traders that needed no cheats to get where they are now.

7 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Actually, there was no red flags because it was completely possible to set up such a wall without any form of cheating. It was not the wealth of the person in question that set the people wondering - it was only a sign of stacks of very specific items that became a warning sight. Because those numbers were next to being just plain impossible to obtain - again, not because of the wealth required, but only due to the very limited supply of them.

Basically, when people have seen the MC wall put up, they didn;t become suspicious because it was well withing the realm of possibility. And not just for that one player, but for many - most of them i'm sure are very legitimate traders that needed no cheats to get where they are now.

I know, that's why i said i didn't see any red flags either. Heck, i even defended it on numerous "MC too pricy" threads...

I don't have the tools Anet does though, and Anet should have seen a red flag on someone who got so rich so quickly and was able to put up a MC wall. Anet should constantly monitor anyone with such wealth, especially since most of it bypasses in game systems anyway meaning it's at the very least constantly inflating the economy due to bypassing TP gold sinks - every out of game trade leaves more gold in circulation that would have otherwise been deleted in a TP transaction. How is anyone ok with this in the first place, let alone after seeing how it was done?

But in light of the recent fiasco, i'm starting to wonder if any of the barons are legit. Some might be, but surely this person isn't the only one duping items and using them on the TP.

Plus - what happened to those items anyway? The ones on TP at least. Are they still in circulation? If yes, he did more damage than anyone can think of because he permanently devauled super rare items and players who got them legitimately have a right to be pissed off because they can't get the amount of gold they'd get had the duping not happened.

Realistically, Anet should ban any form of out of game trading and ban anyone doing it because TP and in game systems are not balanced around that. TP restrictions, listing fees and direct trade restrictions are made so the economy never gets flooded with too much gold. And then it's just ok when someone bypasses that entirely because "ooh, but they're taking a risk". They're organized, no one is taking a risk. Why this is allowed is beyond me, and i sincerely doubt most of them got so rich just from bypassing TP gold sinks anyway.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, HauntinG.5746 said:

I felt exclusive with my achievements, time spend and the money I dumped into this game. What do you mean by they don't have to explain anything to me? what entitlement did I ask for?  Did you pay for my kittening account??? did you grind the silver??? did you do the raids and made legendary armors?? did you craft all gen 1+ gen 2 legendary weapons???? did you craft all legendary backs and accessories??? who the kitten are you???? keep your kittening kitten to yourself!

If you are not involved in this, Why cant you not poke into things not related to you? Did I ask you to give me an explanation? It is not effecting you because you own nothing! I lost so much gold due to market fluctuations caused by players like the ones revealed in the video. AGAIN its not a baby tantrum and it is none of your business! BUTT OUT!

AGAIN! Butt OUT! It is not related to you. You do not need to kitten on my post coz u cant sleep! kitten OFF!! GO bother some one else! I don't need your useless attention!

You're posting all this on a forum open to all GW2 players with full accounts, all of whom can post on this thread you started and say within reason just about anything that doesn't violate the ToS (which you are yourself getting close to violating).  Just because you started this thread doesn't mean you can gate keep it and decide who gets to post here.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Saw this on YouTube just now.

I've also been trying to make another legendary and was wondering why the MC prices have been so impossible.

The clip from the stream of this "tp baron" showed some suspicious stacks of infusions that basically shouldn't exist in the game.

So the theory of the youtuber is ITEM DUPING, and the reason for why the guy can buy out the supply of MC in the market and fk everybody over. 😕 

• Like 1

On 4/9/2021 at 11:30 AM, Substance E.4852 said:

Possible

The other explanation is that people aren't logging in as frequently as they used to meaning that the log in reward calendar isn't completing at the same rate as it did back when we weren't forced to look to DRM's for "new, exciting content"

Demand for legendary's stays relatively the same but supply of coins goes down

My desire for Frostfang might stay the same if I only log in once a week but my coin generation gets cut to 1/7 that of a daily logger

Alternately, there are more people now making legendaries, instead of fewer people logging in.  In my guild the number of people making legendaries has exploded, since people aren't all that interested in Dragon Response missions and the Icebrood Saga.  They would rather work on a legendary than farm the new set of ascended weapons. 

It might even be a combination of factors.  The combination of people like TP Barons buying coins on the trading post, a few people less logging in, more people making legendaries.

It's just not that easy to attribute anything, since we don't actually know that fewer people are logging in.

• Like 2