WvW Soul beast needs a giant nerf!

asterix.9614

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Dragonzhunter.8506 said:Just another troll and useless post.After 2 years of break, I came back, and ppl who are playing other classes than ranger are still coming on the Ranger forum and crying and complaining. Pathetic.

Man, every subgroup gets this. Doesn't matter if a class is the current apex predator or the bottom of the trash heap, there will always be someone calling for nerves (and someone else calling for buffs). The hard part is figuring out when the cries are objectivelt warranted.

those screen shots... haha. those are rookie numbers. on any given day i will hit multiple RFs for 2K per hit along with 2.5k OWP procs on wvw players. got multiple clips of me taking people from mounts to downed in like 1 second.

i like it this way. i like needing fast reactions. a lot of people die cus they are incredibly slow or not paying attention and dont pop their stunbreak/heal/block. I KNOW you can pop blocks and evades. good players do it all the time. when a 1shot owp soulbeast attacks me on my pure dmg build, 9 times out of 10 i can win the fight even after they dismount me and i take a few hits cus i react fast with my block. ofc i die too if i don’t pay attention but that’s my own fault, not the game’s fault.

@Choppy.4183 said:

@Dragonzhunter.8506 said:Just another troll and useless post.After 2 years of break, I came back, and ppl who are playing other classes than ranger are still coming on the Ranger forum and crying and complaining. Pathetic.

Man, every subgroup gets this. Doesn't matter if a class is the current apex predator or the bottom of the trash heap, there will always be someone calling for nerves (and someone else calling for buffs). The hard part is figuring out when the cries are objectivelt warranted.

Choppy, I am pretty sure that every subgroup gets this. I am not doing, because I am interested more in how my class is doing, how we can make it better, etc.Anyway, it is good to be back :).PS: I am still missing the pet swap in combat when you are Soulbeast. It was very dynamic and more strategic etc ...

• 4 weeks later...

@Miguron.3067 said:kitten ranger is super trash, it needs a buff

WvW is full to the brink with necros, thieves, heralds and renegade....they are like 2-3 necro per meter/square now on the entire map. The vast majority of them are super trash and thus ranger is pretty effective against that.....the main reason why ranger get hated on is that WvW full of necros and thieves and both are vulnerable to ranged dmg at which ranger excel when played well.

A single well played ele is like the death of your average ranger, but again ele are like white flies compared to necros so....that I hope explains why you see so many ranger nerf thread even though the class is nothing special on average

@Arheundel.6451 said:

WvW is full to the brink with necros, thieves, heralds and renegade....they are like 2-3 necro per meter/square now on the entire map. The vast majority of them are super trash and thus ranger is pretty effective against that.....the main reason why ranger get hated on is that WvW full of necros and thieves and both are vulnerable to ranged dmg at which ranger excel when played well.

A single well played ele is like the death of your average ranger, but again ele are like white flies compared to necros so....that I hope explains why you see so many ranger nerf thread even though the class is nothing special on average

Corrosive Poison Cloud is death to the average ranger player in WvW...

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

The majority of necros are just drones pressing F1 off cd and then 5-4, then they backpedal while never pressing the dodge button...I manage to kill necros in wvw even on core ele..that should tell you everything about the state of wvw in terms of average skill level...and you expect them to know how to use poison cloud...c'mon

@Arheundel.6451 said:

The majority of necros are just drones pressing F1 off cd and then 5-4, then they backpedal while never pressing the dodge button...I manage to kill necros in wvw even on core ele..that should tell you everything about the state of wvw in terms of average skill level...and you expect them to know how to use poison cloud...c'mon

No, I don't expect the average necro player to, since the average player in WvW is very bad. I kill rangers sitting inside their own camps with RI on the supervisor as a Reaper. I'll also make them dance about on my Burn DH until they blown all their dodges and condi clears and drop them with SoJ while sitting inside of Shield of the Avenger with its 100% uptime that destroys projectiles. And that all works because the average Ranger player never take unblockables in their build.

The average player never notices their projectiles getting destroyed, nor do they realize that using Hunter's Shot, or any other source of stealth doesn't break channel skills that have already activated like volley or rush. The average player lets themselves get hit by Headbutt and Executioner's Strike for crying out load.

The average WvW player is generally pretty bad, hence why CPC is death to the average ranger player.

@Arheundel.6451 said:

Sad story really cause i like ranger, i Have really high hope for EoD

@Mighty Cole.7849 said:Typically, when I notice that there is an over abundance of any particular profession running amok, I get the feeling that they are probably OP to some degree.

But that's just my opinion. :)

By that logic, they should be nerfing every class other than Ranger in WvW

Unless we're talking about roaming in which case thief is still first to the chopping block

@Substance E.4852 said:By that logic, they should be nerfing every class other than Ranger in WvWYeah, sorry. I was referring to roaming in general.Unless we're talking about roaming in which case thief is still first to the chopping blockI disagree. Although I don't keep count, I can say, with the utmost confidence, that I encounter far more rangers than I do thieves.

@Mighty Cole.7849 said:

@Substance E.4852 said:By that logic, they should be nerfing every class other than Ranger in WvWYeah, sorry. I was referring to roaming in general.Unless we're talking about roaming in which case thief is still first to the chopping blockI disagree. Although I don't keep count, I can say, with the utmost confidence, that I encounter far more rangers than I do thieves.

I encounter more thieves than anything, followed by rangers, and once in a blue moon a holosmith. Feels like the ratio is 100 thieves per 50 rangers per 1 holo. T1 EU btw.