/stretch emote, why only available from doing PvE ?

What the title says. Can it be a reward track in WvW please, I try to complete the "Champion" achievement only able to get to19/26 solo, its so grindy, some are basically impossible if you don't get a group going. And they are the one that have a Mastery Insight tied into it, and I need those. This game was advertised in the beginning to be able to complete every thing solo.

• Like 1

@"SweetPotato.7456" said:What the title says. Can it be a reward track in WvW please, I try to complete the "Champion" achievement only able to get to19/26 solo, its so grindy, some are basically impossible if you don't get a group going.

Which ones are "basically impossible if you don't get a group going"?

• Confused 1

@Chaba.5410 said:Let me understand this. You, a WvW player, are upset that you have to play PvE to get a PvE emote from a PvE achievement? I'm confused.

There are only PvE emotes as new rewards. We should be upset but it wouldn't matter anyway since it's WvW. They, as a WvW player, have to do a lot more PvE stuff if they want best in slot stats including food, or anything really. Yes, you're confused, hope you work that out.

@"Sobx.1758" said:Which ones are "basically impossible if you don't get a group going"?

To many players, all of the CM achievements are impossible without a group.After all, not everyone is part of the top few percentages of players that can solo them.

@kash.9213 said:

@Chaba.5410 said:Let me understand this. You, a WvW player, are upset that you have to play PvE to get a PvE emote from a PvE achievement? I'm confused.

There are only PvE emotes as new rewards. We should be upset but it wouldn't matter anyway since it's WvW. They, as a WvW player, have to do a lot more PvE stuff if they want best in slot stats including food, or anything really. Yes, you're confused, hope you work that out.

Don't confuse cosmetics with items that affect combat in WvW. Or just be honest that the attitude is that we're entitled to everything in the game without having to play for it.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@"Sobx.1758" said:Which ones are "basically impossible if you don't get a group going"?

To many players, all of the CM achievements are impossible without a group.After all, not everyone is part of the top few percentages of players that can solo them.

I'm currently on 24/26 without ever running Champions stuff grouped, just doing the normal stuff plus buying "support" boxes.

I assume that they'll add a track for it in a bit, just as there's supposed to be a /shiver track.

@"SweetPotato.7456" said:What the title says. Can it be a reward track in WvW please, I try to complete the "Champion" achievement only able to get to19/26 solo, its so grindy, some are basically impossible if you don't get a group going. And they are the one that have a Mastery Insight tied into it, and I need those. This game was advertised in the beginning to be able to complete every thing solo.

in time they will eventually release a pvp and wvw track for it.

as to when? not sure, but the shiver emote for example will get it's reward track soon since there's achievement entries for it and it's already in the API ( see this: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shiver_Emote_Tome_Reward_Track )

the stretch emote will definitely follow the same, and eventually get a reward track so don't worry.

@Chaba.5410 said:

Don't confuse cosmetics with items that affect combat in WvW. Or just be honest that the attitude is that we're entitled to everything in the game without having to play for it.

gift of exploration aside, a lot of the PvE-only (not everything, but most, like weapon skins and armour sets) stuff can be acquired in WvW/PvP via reward tracks, they may not have everything right away but stuff does get released via the tracks eventually.

meanwhile there's currently no way for PvE players to acquire a lot of the WvW/PvP-only stuff, such as the warclaw mount or certain armour sets like the warlord's set by doing PvE things.

as a PvE player who only goes to WvW to do dailies, i really feel like it's unfair but i live with it and it doesn't really bother me that much now, i just like to think those WvW-only things aren't for me.

@Fueki.4753 said:

Putting that whole drm """CM""" mode not being actually hard aside... DO you need cm achievements for that emote?

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

@Sobx.1758 said:Which ones are "basically impossible if you don't get a group going"?

Putting that whole drm """CM""" mode not being actually hard aside... DO you need cm achievements for that emote?

I need two more achievements for it.And going purely by the list presented by the meta-achievement, all options I have left are CM-related or the needlessly expensive collections.So, according to that list, I either spending ridiculous amounts of money, or doing CMs is required.

I hope they add yet unlisted achievements (Skritt/Kodan supporter and the achievement for buying Shivering Ice) to that list.

@"SweetPotato.7456" said:/Playdead and /Shiverplus are also not in the WvW reward track.

while /shiver has a track yet to be unlockhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shadow_in_the_Ice_(achievements)#achievement5107

And Arenanet needs to fix this by giving them reward tracks./shiverplus could be unlockable via a reward track that unlocks upon competition of the /shiver reward track, if they don't put both shivering emotes onto the same reward track.

@Sobx.1758 said:

@Armen.1483 said:Why is the /rockout emote exclusive to PVP then ? It emphatises playing different modes.

...pretty sure it's not?

I have just checked wiki, you are right, my bad. But now when I think about it, there is a reason I haven't noticed it... it is pretty much not worth it to do the PVE achievments for that when there is a much easier option to do it in PVP. Maybe that is the reason.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@Sobx.1758 said:Which ones are "basically impossible if you don't get a group going"?

I need two more achievements for it.And going purely by the list presented by the meta-achievement, all options I have left are CM-related or the needlessly expensive collections.So, according to that list, I either spending ridiculous amounts of money, or doing CMs is required.

I hope they add yet unlisted achievements (Skritt/Kodan supporter and the achievement for buying Shivering Ice) to that list.

Metrica is stupidly easy with CM. You can do that one with a party 5 times and knock that one out.