[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

Idea for a new gemstore-item: Ultimate Trading ContractIf the player opens the wallet and clicks on any of the currencies, a vendor will open and sell all possible goods. No longer need to travel to certain maps or participate in certain events. Only works for vendors that have been visited at least once (like the Renown Heart Vendors). Due to its bypass functionality, it could be sold for a higher price.

They could also open a list of all possible vendors, where we can pick the one we need, instead of listing all goods at once.

Add a new skill line to each mastery section that consumes all the extra points available for minor account bonuses like karma, gold, xp, and magic find. Would be nice to have a minor reward for full mastery completion and have something to do with our extra points. Make it unlock after all the current lines are completed so people don't accidentally spend important points on a very minor track.

LFG description should have less time limit to update. Sometimes (like commanding Drizzlewood maps) we need to update but... We cant :(.

When in a squad, we can enter a map on another copy. We want to find commander to join "right" copy. To be in subgroup 2 isnt good, cause your party cant see targets. We should see commander in a visual contrast (a really one, like a complete different color than a white border), to help find him/her and join the "right" map copy.

• Like 1

Adding a vendor to reacquire items from collections you've already completed would be awesome. Or just add a tab to the vendor already in that map, if it was a collection item gotten there.If the item in question was a salvaged item, then the vendor would sell it for whatever it would have been salvaged for; sold for coin would be rebought for the same coin amount. And if it was something that had no value for getting rid of it, then it could be reacquired for free or for a small fee depending on the item.

I'd love an option like this, since there's been many 'junk' items that I've had to get rid of simply because I have no space to keep them, when I would have loved to stash them away because they were neat.

• Like 1

@Shadowfall.7148 said:Adding a vendor to reacquire items from collections you've already completed would be awesome. Or just add a tab to the vendor already in that map, if it was a collection item gotten there.If the item in question was a salvaged item, then the vendor would sell it for whatever it would have been salvaged for; sold for coin would be rebought for the same coin amount. And if it was something that had no value for getting rid of it, then it could be reacquired for free or for a small fee depending on the item.

I'd love an option like this, since there's been many 'junk' items that I've had to get rid of simply because I have no space to keep them, when I would have loved to stash them away because they were neat.

This would be good for all the lorebook collections in the game too, unless they give us a library at some point (which would be awesome)

• Like 1

Im sure this is already somewhere in this thread but a bank overhaul (hide tabs so its all one big bank, make it resizable, hide inventory bags, etc), and a character screen overhaul (move character icons to side and display more, allow pinnable characters). Both of these have not received a change since launch and it really hurts.

Can we please get an option to disable the appearance of custom projectiles? Currently, this functionality exists for item sounds but there is no setting for visuals. Legendary weapons like Meteorlogicus and Bifrost produce unique projectiles, which can look cool for certain circumstances but can ruin others. A specific example is with Elementalist: people who play this class want to enjoy the aesthetic of wielding all 4 elements, but you can no longer do this while using legendary staves or scepters because you lose the fire / water / earth / air visuals. I know that I am someone that crafted Meteorlogicus before the custom visuals were added, and now it's a weapon I don't enjoy using because I lose out on the elementalist animations when I equip it.

I'd also like to stress that this can have meaningful ramifications for gameplay. For example, when using Meteorlogicus:

Phoenix, an ability that deal upwards of 8-10k damage in PvP, has the same visual as Ice Shards, a water auto attack that does a fraction of the damage.

This feature would pair perfectly with the option to turn off custom item sounds, which as I pointed out is already in the game.

@Solaerin.8635 said:Can we please get an option to disable the appearance of custom projectiles? Currently, this functionality exists for item sounds but there is no setting for visuals. Legendary weapons like Meteorlogicus and Bifrost produce unique projectiles, which can look cool for certain circumstances but can ruin others. A specific example is with Elementalist: people who play this class want to enjoy the aesthetic of wielding all 4 elements, but you can no longer do this while using legendary staves or scepters because you lose the fire / water / earth / air visuals. I know that I am someone that crafted Meteorlogicus before the custom visuals were added, and now it's a weapon I don't enjoy using because I lose out on the elementalist animations when I equip it.

I'd also like to stress that this can have meaningful ramifications for gameplay. For example, when using Meteorlogicus:

Phoenix, an ability that deal upwards of 8-10k damage in PvP, has the same visual as Ice Shards, a water auto attack that does a fraction of the damage.

This feature would pair perfectly with the option to turn off custom item sounds, which as I pointed out is already in the game.

very agree, much good idea

An option to buy Gem Cards on your website, i am fed up with trying to get the authetication to work through the ingame store, paypal keeps giving me errors, covid does not make it easy to go down and buy a paysafecard, and scandinavian banks doesn't seem to work with the ingame popup window, it is far easier to purchase through a browser out of game.

It would be nice to have the option to buy Heart completion with Heroics.
Not quite the same but we can already get Hero Points. It would make map completion more enjoyable for those who like the running around of world completion but want to skip the tedious busy work of Hearts they've done before.

A new resizable window that would be very easy to implement with a list with all emotes available with its own descriptive image, when you click on one of those it would be just trigger the associated command.Basic image idea for the UI : image-emotes.png

Also a input for filter them dynamically and the possibility to bookmark them as favourites. People would use the emotes much more and easier with this utility.

For SAB:

1-Can a happy cloud be added to skip glove master ninja in w2-2 in infantile once beaten for the next runs?

2-Have some visual indicators about where to dig to find baubles chest.

3-Make the boomerang work better like being head seeking and going to nearest foe.

4-Decrease the ooze poison speed on our health for world 2-3 it is kinda short in time before having no heart left.

5-Trampolines and mushrooms seems fine now, also, thanks for the decorations.

6-Add player cosmetics volume option. This include sound of glider, box o fun, summoning mount sound, summoning chair sound, birthday blaster.

Time to put limits on buy orders with the trade post. There are literally 972000 quantity orders on things driving prices up, its the banking guilds and everyone is complaining about it. This is done to make people place higher orders, then they do it again.. Then the prices keep going up due to this as they sell at high prices after driving prices down. Please post limits on how many one can pre order due to this banking guild scam. Ive actually had one tell me all about how they do it. He even said Anet knows this and watches them for selling gold.. Yea, these people are selling gold on gw2 on sites... you should be buying the gold and banning the people for ever, not a month, not a year, complete ban until you get them gone. They are making the trade system really suck now. It used to be mild.. now everything is going up and the little guy who isnt cheating or taking advantage has to pay 3 times the price. Mithril ore used to sit at 35 copper, its over 1silver each now with multiple 1mill buy orders.

Sigh.

Sounds like a good idea to me.

@Wisely.4819 said:Heyo, it is my humble hope for Anet to add something akin to a Transmutation Pass, i.e. an item that, once purchased, unlocks unlimited transmuting on a character for a certain time. Juggling transmutation charges is my singular source of anxiety and stress in this game - I just want to be able to wardrobe freely, match with my friends for dungeons or whatever strikes my fancy that moment. Fashion is one of the most fun things for me and it being so limited in Guild Wars, which is a visually awesome game, just makes me sad. I'd honestly rather pay for a gemstore pass than manage transmutation charges in their current state. I know they can be farmed, but it's tedious and I'd rather spend that time actually playing the game. Every other big MMO lets you fashion to your heart's content, so why not Guild Wars?

QoL request: +2 more to the maximum Equipment Template Slots please. More convenience and more gem spending. ;)

Example: My guardian has 7 sets of equipment. I expect in future updates that we might need more.

(For build templates, once we exceed 6, we can still switch them around using the Build storage.)

Once we exceed Equipment templates, the set-ups can clutter the inventory (and we might mix up or accidentally delete expensive gear).

This would help QoL even with the Legendary Armory release. Even those with legendaries don’t need to press so many buttons to swap between 8 equipment sets,

So this was an idea that dawned on me because of all the Super Adventure Box weapon color variants.Emotes that use weapons in hand like a /weaponraise or a /weaponpoint and could do more silly stuff like when people raise their weapons together to unite.A /crush emote to raise one arm up from a more sideway direction and crush their hand into a fist as like a self projection of strength or vigor in the moment.