DRMs Bugged? Crazy easy after the patch!

@Skye Terrier.3805 said:

@Bristingr.5034 said:Just checked the boards. Nobody is doing DRMs now. Shocker.

They actually improved activity on it accidentally and then they pull the rug out. Zzz.

Lol yeah. The bug is actually the perfect difficulty for DRM considering the reward is little.

Well fortunately for you that difficulty can be found in normal DRMs.

Then they need to make the rewards equal to the difficulty. Which at CM mode, it's not, not by a long shot.

Hard tasks are fine. Hard (read: TIME-CONSUMING) tasks with stingy rewards are not fine.

There has been an imbalance of rewards in this game for the longest time. I don’t see why the rewards for DRMs need to be balanced around their difficulty when everything else isn’t.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@lare.5129 said:there is good idea: make one day per few, or four week, where all drm and raids have reduced hp. It will helps people check some content and get success without 250li requirement

There is no 250li requirement. Some people ask for that, some for 100li, but at least half lfg listings have no requirements at all and there is nothing to stop anyone from making their own listing in the lfg, welcoming all if you wish.

CM DRMs certainly do not need elite raid skills to be done, just people who pretty much know their class, know the encounters (maybe be prepared to fail a few times first!), and know how to dodge and cc. People who are less confident can play non-CM difficulty at any time.

Asking to get CM achievements and rewards while reducing difficulty to non-CM levels doesn't make sense to me. Why should just DRMs allow you to get tough achievements without doing the work? Would you really suggest all tough achievements in the game are available easily at other times and what would that mean for the value of those achievements and the point of ever doing them at their normal difficulty?

@Jong.5937 said:Why should just DRMs allow you to get tough achievements without doing the work?not only DRM, DRM it only good example for that

Would you really suggest all tough achievements in the game are available easily at other times and what would that mean for the value of those achievements and the point of ever doing them at their normal difficulty?yes. Some mini one -few days event is good way. gw2 is casual mmo game, and not cyper-sport branch. So answer - ofc yes.

@lare.5129 said:

@Jong.5937 said:Would you really suggest all tough achievements in the game are available easily at other times and what would that mean for the value of those achievements and the point of ever doing them at their normal difficulty?yes. Some mini one -few days event is good way. gw2 is casual mmo game, and not cyper-sport branch. So answer - ofc yes.

Well we will just have to disagree on this.

There are plenty of easy achievements in this game that you get just for participating. It is not elitist to have just a few that require people to master certain skills. DRM CMs, T4 fractals, fractal CMs and raids etc. are optional content for people who like a greater challenge. Others are free to ignore if they wish.

@Jong.5937 said:There are plenty of easy achievements in this game that you get just for participating. It is not elitist to have just a few that require people to master certain skills. DRM CMs, T4 fractals, fractal CMs and raids etc. are optional content for people who like a greater challenge.this is 2 different group, people who make achiv, and who find challange. Some mix of them is 2% of 2%.

I just don't get why you would want an achievement for doing DRM CM, if you did it on a day when it was the same difficulty as a regular DRM! I would understand if CM mode was the only way to experience DRMs and you felt cut out from that part of the game, but it is not and an easy mode already exists.

But, I suspect we are not going to understand each other here and continuing to discuss it will just bore everyone to death!

@lare.5129 said:

@Jong.5937 said:There are plenty of easy achievements in this game that you get just for participating. It is not elitist to have just a few that require people to master certain skills. DRM CMs, T4 fractals, fractal CMs and raids etc. are optional content for people who like a greater challenge.this is 2 different group, people who make achiv, and who find challange. Some mix of them is 2% of 2%.If this were the case they would not offer acheivements specific to CMs.

@Jong.5937 said:I just don't get why you would want an achievement for doing DRM CM, if you did it on a day when it was the same difficulty as a regular DRM!may be this is no common for someone, but I am think not only about myself. What about people who start LS today ? or will start after few weeks?

@mindcircus.1506 said:If this were the case they would not offer acheivements specific to CMs.and it is not. The cm achieve is look like issue in total picture.

@lare.5129 said:

@Jong.5937 said:I just don't get why you would want an achievement for doing DRM CM, if you did it on a day when it was the same difficulty as a regular DRM!may be this is no common for someone, but I am think not only about myself. What about people who start LS today ? or will start after few weeks?Are you worried about people not being able to do the Stretch Goals meta achievement? Because that now needs only 26/39 of the available achievements, so they can happily skip ALL the CM related achievements if they wish.

Actually, I think they can skip all of those too. 26/39 makes things pretty easy. I've got all 39 and I only crafted the basic Dragon Slayer set. The Azure and Crimson achievements only need you to buy and learn the recipes and they aren't even needed.

@Jong.5937 said:Are you worried about people not being able to do the Stretch Goals meta achievement?I am not keep vision at meta achiv at all, final reward exist in pvp/wvw track. Track soon will bee sellable from vendor. I am worry about some part of mainstream gw2 players who want complete all achievements but use roleplay builds. This is spirit of GuildWars2 and we should cary them.

I was trying to understand you here lare, but it seems you want literally all achievements to be achievable by all, with no skill requirement, so literally no sense of achievement, unless they feel a sense of achievement from, well.... logging on!. There you have lost me!Why don't we just put the jumping puzzle achievements at the start, rather than the end of each JP?

@Jong.5937 said:I was trying to understand you here lare, but it seems you want literally all achievements to be achievable by all, with no skill requirementyes, with minimal skill requirement. This is one of concept of mmo game - you can get any thing and difference between very skilled player - only time.Great example - God of wvw . So ofc skilled player can get it more faster, but everyone can getted, no matter that skill person have.

Skill and performance is part of cyber sport and I am not worry how in these disciplines is gone.