"Screenshot folder full" even when folder is empty

Jozo.2630

When I try to take a sceenshot I get the message "Your screenshot folder is full." even after I emptied the folder. I have tried to delete the folder and it gets recreated but I still get the same message. I got about 90 GB free space on the harddrive.I have tested to repair game files and to delete temporary files from AppData\Local\Temp and local.dat but I still get the same error.Anyone got any advice on how to reset this?

• 2 months later...

@Prophet.6519 said:I have followed the path and it shows up empty, I am the only user on my pc so there's no permission issues there.

You can be the only user and still have restricted permissions if your account has no administrator privileges. I don't know about Windows X's policy, but in previous Windows versions you had to explicitly give an account one those privileges. Normal user accounts have restrictions.

• 2 years later...

@Sindariel.2354 said:Are you sure you're in the right folder?In Win 10, you can change the default path for screenshots to your OneDrive share. If your OneDrive account is full, than you can't save any more screenshots.

I am not connected to OneDrive, yet I am getting the same error message after upgrading my system. :(

Any ideas?

P.S. I completely removed OneDrive and other unwanted programs from my system using Windows 10 Debloater. I had done that before on my old system as well and never ran into this screenshor folder issue. It is only a thing since the upgrade I mentioned (new mainboard, CPU, RAM, SSD).

Solution:

Hey folks and @Jozo.2630,

Forget what I wrote yesterday, here is the actual solution (at least for me):

• Open your anti-virus's settings
  • Add these two directories to the list of exceptions:(installation path) \YoloMouse\ C:\Users\ (username) \AppData\Local\YoloMouse\

Remove the spaces (including the one before the asterisk) and replace the Windows user name with your actual user name and installation path with the exact location on your drive(s).

Et voilà, the error no longer occurs! :)

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

had the same issure few days ago, followinig worked for me:

-> turned off antivirus, took a screenshot (now worked)-> turned antivirus back on, took a screen (worked until i turned off hud or had a loadingscreen, video or something)-> added the whole installation folder of GW2 as an exception in my antivirus, now screenshots are working again (had to set the exception twice, first time the error was up on the 2nd time i did it after i took the two testing screens while turning off and on antivirus than it worked)

Thanks to everyone who pointed to antivirus and Avast. Here is the solution I found:Open Avast > Menu > Settings > Blocked & Allowed Apps > Allow your GW2.exe for Ransomware ShieldI guess that shield protects from any online changes to the Documents folders even JPGs?Once that is allowed, Avast will not block screenshots. At least that works for some. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Is it only YoloMouse users that have this issue with the screenshot folder?

I dont use Yolomouse and I dont have Avast.

I thought it was related to GW2 randomly assigning F6 to screenshot (secondary) but nope unassigning and cleaning the folder wasnt that. I use AVG and added the GW2 documents folder to exceptions but that didnt take either. Will try the full game folder too. Havent had to do it before and I have used AVG for years.

Edit: Yep that worked.

• 3 weeks later...

I do not use yolomonkey or any other screen grabbing service, I have avast and I have tried everything in this thread. I use windows 7 professional. I have been playing guild wars for 6 years and I've never had this issue before. I regularly empty my screenshot folder. I am desperately looking for an answer!