I dare Cmc to....

Exile.8160

@Kuma.1503 said:I dare him to fix the mess he made over a year ago.

Prime light beam still doesn't do damage.Holographic shockwave still guaranteed crits for 7 damage.Executioner's scythe still has an execute... that does 7 damage.Hammer Warrior still has multiple skills that deal 7 damage.300 cd traits still haven't been reworkedOvernerfed builds are never addressed.

NAH that was INTENDED BROOO , Im just gonna repeated all the dumb sh !t other people said , YOU JUST NEED TO LEARN TO PLAY AND GIT GUD! Those changes make SENSE! Hard hitting skills that have 1-2 second cast times and does 3 damage! OP GAME GIT GUD NERD #Lern2PlayIssue

@"Exile.8160" said:I dare Cmc to come up with a dps guard build that is consitent in plat.... and hope to all that he can prove me wrong.

It totally depends on your view of what "consistent" means.

If you want p3 or MAT, then you gotta play the meta. No matter how stinky it is.

If you want to just have fun in ranked, you could always do p1-p2 PERMA CONSISTENTLY with B-tier builds.Unlike ex. thief, guardian is just ultra allround good on most builds, so idk why you specifically lack a dps build. Theres always been plenty of power and condi guardians in my p1p2 games over last 4 years, with support being the meta most of time.

I'm not going to say Guard isn't in a rough state right now. I don't know enough about the specialization to call it one way or another, but from my expereince, core power guard does pretty good with Valkyrie amulet and rune of thief. The condition damage doesn't even go to waste since even power guard outputs some burns.

WIth retal and fury, which are easy to maintain, you're sitting at a comfortable ~65% crit chance with 20k hp.

Downside is you lack swiftness... My build runs retreat to compensate for that weakness (on demand aegis acts as a mini-dodge whenever you need it + retal and fury uptime).

Damage is good. I don't feel the slightest bit squishy, I've got enough movement and ports to stick to my targets. (unless it's a thief... but, y'know, that's thief). I say give it a try.

Build I run: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PWwAEx3lVwuYgsPGJOSL9LbA-zZAPkMVB9KESYC4pB

@"Kuma.1503" said:I'm not going to say Guard isn't in a rough state right now. I don't know enough about the specialization to call it one way or another, but from my expereince, core power guard does pretty good with Valkyrie amulet and rune of thief. The condition damage doesn't even go to waste since even power guard outputs some burns.

WIth retal and fury, which are easy to maintain, you're sitting at a comfortable ~65% crit chance with 20k hp.

Downside is you lack swiftness... My build runs retreat to compensate for that weakness (on demand aegis acts as a mini-dodge whenever you need it + retal and fury uptime).

Damage is good. I don't feel the slightest bit squishy, I've got enough movement and ports to stick to my targets. (unless it's a thief... but, y'know, that's thief). I say give it a try.

Build I run: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PWwAEx3lVwuYgsPGJOSL9LbA-zZAPkMVB9KESYC4pB

Are you sure that's your build? You sure you didn't misclick some traits before you sent the link? Some choices are VERY odd, to say the least.Not criticizing, just curious

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:Guardian is performing fine lately.

It's just no longer capable of running a full sustain build while dropping massive aoe burn damage all over the place, which shouldn't have been happening to begin with.

You guys have got to understand that you're coming off a top tier high where your builds were OP for quite some time. It is normal for other classes to have to sacrifice sustain and dedicate utility slots to burst utility if you want to deal damage. It is normal for a build that deals damage to have points where it is vulnerable and easily killed if it does bad positioning or misuses skills.

When the only semi viable dps build runs a power oriented elite with condi amulet and the support build does not use FB, heavy support elite, something is seriously fucked up in design. You could argue performance is okay, but when not single thing works as intended, this is not a functional class in spvp. This applies in every aspect of spvp right now, but I think guardian and Mesmer current state is a clear indication that the dev team have no fucking clue what they are doing.

@"Kuma.1503" said:I dare him to fix the mess he made over a year ago.

Prime light beam still doesn't do damage.Holographic shockwave still guaranteed crits for 7 damage.Executioner's scythe still has an execute... that does 7 damage.Hammer Warrior still has multiple skills that deal 7 damage.300 cd traits still haven't been reworkedOvernerfed builds are never addressed.

Yeah I remember on Tea Time when CMC said "Oh yeah, Prime Light Beam's Coefficient is going to be buffed to 1.0" - STILL hasn't happened. XD

And Chilled to the Bone still does no dmg lol.

@memausz.7264 said:

@"Kuma.1503" said:I dare him to fix the mess he made over a year ago.

Yeah I remember on Tea Time when CMC said "Oh yeah, Prime Light Beam's Coefficient is going to be buffed to 1.0" - STILL hasn't happened. XD

And Chilled to the Bone still does no dmg lol.

unpopular opinion.chilled to the bone is fine, its overshadowed with how OP lich form is

@Exile.8160 said:

@"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:Guardian is performing fine lately.

It's just no longer capable of running a full sustain build while dropping massive aoe burn damage all over the place, which shouldn't have been happening to begin with.

This right here shows me you dont know what burn dh ran and yet you tell me dps guards is "fine". Burn dh had really low sustain and almost no mobility but big aoe condi dmg.

He didn't say DPS guardian was fine. He said guardians fine.

The fact you beelive you have to be meta to reach plat however Is funny. There are plenty of guardian players in plat.

@Exile.8160 said:

@"Kodama.6453" said:Guardian does have a meta build, why do you think it is necessary for a dps build specifically to be meta for them?

Other classes are happy that they have a meta build at all, yet guardians complaining "we don't have
enough
meta builds"....

Why is it bad that we want to deal dmg too? Instead of being hard stuck on a support, bunker or healer build 24/7? Atleast other classes with 1 meta build ends up a fun dps build.

See the diffrencens? Playing a dps is so diffrent than being hard stuck on a support build.

Ive seen post that want buffs to other classes yet when we guards do it we are greedy?

This is really opinonated every class lacks something in some field of play realistically.

Condi engineer is just one example that comes to mind.

The reason I didn't pick a guardian. Is because it's the most tank/support fantasy possible. Like the name itself realistically gives it a way realistically.

There's nothing wrong with some classes having things other classes don't have. Providing every class fits in somewhere realistically.

We will never have a mmorpg which is balanced to the point every choice is open to every class.