Low Tier Gawd 2 - Core Condition Engineer PvP by Woodstock

bethekey.8314

People seem to enjoy core condition Engineer PvP, so I put together another video. For better or worse, I've included a couple longer clips with high ranked players in the beginning to show that not everything is montage worthy and mistakes do of course happen. The end is more highlighty. Enjoy!

~Wood

Build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PegAo6lFw6YXMPWJW6PdJNA-zZoKjGLgMTAXHA

Music:Magic City Hippies - FanfareMagic Sword - In the Face of EvilPerturbator - Future ClubDance with the Dead - DiabolicDance with the Dead - Watching YouCarpenter Brut - Turbo Killer

Previous video:

@FyzE.3472 said:This looks amazing. You seem to know what to do and when to do it. May be a stupid question, but: is there an open world/wvw variant of this build?

Thanks! I haven't done WVW in years since it split with PvP, but I'm sure there's probably some variant to be made.

The Flamethrower + Elixir Gun combo has good blasts and support built in. Depending on whether you're fighting in groups or solo, mobility might be an issue as Core doesn't have the easy superspeed or spammable leaps of Scrapper/Holo. I imagine the value of Elixir S declines in WvW, only delaying the inevitable if you're caught by a raging mob. Rocket Boots might then be a good replacement.

@bethekey.8314 said:

@FyzE.3472 said:This looks amazing. You seem to know what to do and when to do it. May be a stupid question, but: is there an open world/wvw variant of this build?

Thanks! I haven't done WVW in years since it split with PvP, but I'm sure there's probably some variant to be made.

The Flamethrower + Elixir Gun combo has good blasts and support built in. Depending on whether you're fighting in groups or solo, mobility might be an issue as Core doesn't have the easy superspeed or spammable leaps of Scrapper/Holo. I imagine the value of Elixir S declines in WvW, only delaying the inevitable if you're caught by a raging mob. Rocket Boots might then be a good replacement.

Thanks a lot! Will try it out. I really, really, really love the versatility flamethrower + Egun combo brings. This looks especially great in the hands of a greaet player like you! Will try and improve myself with this build. Thanks again for the videos (and another thanks for the walkthrough comments during the videos)!

@bethekey.8314 said:

The Flamethrower + Elixir Gun combo has good blasts and support built in. Depending on whether you're fighting in groups or solo, mobility might be an issue as Core doesn't have the easy superspeed or spammable leaps of Scrapper/Holo. I imagine the value of Elixir S declines in WvW, only delaying the inevitable if you're caught by a raging mob. Rocket Boots might then be a good replacement.Elixir S is used on pretty much every WvW build (outside the meta minstrel scrapper) because it secure a stomp and it gives you critical stealth.

The build should work decently if we assume trailblazer/dire. IMO using supply drop is still gimping any core build compared to elixir. I also think shield is weak in the long run - pistol 4 is often what wins fights because you need more damage to compete with power builds. With the flamethrower you got some other burns but then you have to flip to EG anyway to survive any counterburst.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

The Flamethrower + Elixir Gun combo has good blasts and support built in. Depending on whether you're fighting in groups or solo, mobility might be an issue as Core doesn't have the easy superspeed or spammable leaps of Scrapper/Holo. I imagine the value of Elixir S declines in WvW, only delaying the inevitable if you're caught by a raging mob. Rocket Boots might then be a good replacement.Elixir S is used on pretty much every WvW build (outside the meta minstrel scrapper) because it secure a stomp and it gives you critical stealth.

The build should work decently if we assume trailblazer/dire. IMO using supply drop is still gimping any core build compared to elixir. I also think shield is weak in the long run - pistol 4 is often what wins fights because you need more damage to compete with power builds. With the flamethrower you got some other burns but then you have to flip to EG anyway to survive any counterburst.

I wish I could put both thumbs up AND helpful. Thank you for the info and your experience! Will have it in mind when I try out this build :smile:

@FyzE.3472 said:

I wish I could put both thumbs up AND helpful. Thank you for the info and your experience! Will have it in mind when I try out this build :smile:

As an addition you might want to stick a cleansing sigil in there and also use a second set for sigil stacking.

Either way core engie is a rare sight in WvW and there are few that play it well. But if you do, you can beat pretty much any enemy build. Well except melee eles. Forget about fighting them.