Tagging credit

ArchonWing.9480

So I know that if you tag a guard or destroy a wall, you'll get credit for the objective if your team takes it later. Sometimes though you can log off and get credit and that part is a bit confusing.

Do you have to be present on the map when the structure flips? What if you're on another map vs not in WvW at all.

I also notice you will get credit for lords if you tag it and the enemy team kills it. I assume that has nothing to do with capture credit though.

And what about Guild Missions? I think I've received credit for these things when I'm pretty sure I wasn't online at all when stuff was completed.

Finally, does anyone really hate that camp lords give you useless Emperyal Fragments?

Once you log out of wvw you are not eligible for credit on the capturing of any objective you contributed to. However, if you log back in before the objective flips you will get credit.

You have to be present on the map when the structure flips. (Or any event you contributed to, really.) Same as pve. You can leave a map and then return before it flips, (like if you're grabbing 25 supply from another map) and you'll get credit.

If you tag an enemy lord, you'll get the drop even if the third server comes in and defeats the lord. You will not get credit for the objective if it flips to another opposing server, though if your server later flips it you'll (sometimes) get credit. Not always though.

I have noticed I'll get credit for guild missions if I contribute and log off and it completes, (I'll see the chest the next time I log in). Moreover there have been times I've logged on while a guild I'm repping completes a mission. I'll get credit even though I didn't contribute nor was I in wvw. But it's not reliable. Anet spaghetti coding the wvw missions.

As for the fragments, they don't bother me as I have a Gleam of Sentience. (Google it, I'm on my phone.) However if you throw them out once you're sitting on too many you're not missing out on much.

~ Kovu

@ArchonWing.9480 said:

As for the fragments, they don't bother me as I have a Gleam of Sentience. (Google it, I'm on my phone.) However if you throw them out once you're sitting on too many you're not missing out on much.

~ Kovu

Man I want that thing, but the pve required. :(

Yeah the consumers are nice for a while until you need the mats later. Hello bloodstone bricks sadface.

@Veprovina.4876 said:

@"ArchonWing.9480" said:What did you need them for?

There's also a stone and crystal version that use dragonite ore and empyrial fragments.

You can sell those too.

Those require PvE as well though, you need to do Draconis Mons hearts for the recipes and farm some orchids...

Ah yes. Magnaminous utilities are often very good choices for people. Incidentally, the regular oil is bad if you don't have healing power.

I was pretty happy with the recent change that allowed you to buy them off the TP; won't have to bother hoarding t7s anymore. (I craft as I go, and buy if I need more)

@ArchonWing.9480 said:

@ArchonWing.9480 said:What did you need them for?

There's also a stone and crystal version that use dragonite ore and empyrial fragments.

You can sell those too.

Those require PvE as well though, you need to do Draconis Mons hearts for the recipes and farm some orchids...

Ah yes. Magnaminous utilities are often very good choices for people. Incidentally, the regular oil is bad if you don't have healing power.

I was pretty happy with the recent change that allowed you to buy them off the TP; won't have to bother hoarding t7s anymore. (I craft as I go, and buy if I need more)

Yeah, they're pretty great! I used to run Magnanimous oil when i was full minstrel's, but now i'm using Magnanimous sharpening stones for Wanderer's. Still great, gives power based on tough/vit. :smile:

I think Corsair utilities also use t7 mats as well...

Anyway, yeah, if you do some slight PvE farming here and there, you can sell those on the TP or use them yourself, and your mats won't pile up like they use to. Some extra cash to burn. Nothing fancy.

And as always, there's gobblers, but i think making ulitites is more profitable than throwing them into the gobbler.

@Veprovina.4876 said:

You can sell those too.

Yeah, they're pretty great! I used to run Magnanimous oil when i was full minstrel's, but now i'm using Magnanimous sharpening stones for Wanderer's. Still great, gives power based on tough/vit. :smile:

Anyway, yeah, if you do some slight PvE farming here and there, you can sell those on the TP or use them yourself, and your mats won't pile up like they use to. Some extra cash to burn. Nothing fancy.

And as always, there's gobblers, but i think making ulitites is more profitable than throwing them into the gobbler.

I run the Draconic Mons Reward track sometimes so I don't have to go to that map (really don't like it). Fortunately Blossoms tend to not be the bottleneck.

Well my t7 material rate was not sustainable and I thought I'd be forced to farm them. But the patch arrived that same day, saving me from such a boring fate. One of the very few times a patch actually made me happy.

@ArchonWing.9480 said:

You can sell those too.

I run the Draconic Mons Reward track sometimes so I don't have to go to that map (really don't like it). Fortunately Blossoms tend to not be the bottleneck.

Well my t7 material rate was not sustainable and I thought I'd be forced to farm them. But the patch arrived that same day, saving me from such a boring fate. One of the very few times a patch actually made me happy.

Oh that's right, the reward track! Yeah, you get enough orchids with the reward track, no need to PvE for that. :smile:Totally forgot haha which is weird because that's how i get most of my map currency haha!