Are you excited for the Champions finale, including today's patch?

Michram.6853

Purposely I haven’t been paying attention because it’s been a boring long ride and I impatiently want to get off and get more info on EoD already....going back to Cantha where I first started playing GW is what I’m excited for and new Elites too.

So the faster this stuff finishes brings us closer to something better. I wish the chapters weren’t spaced out either... May feels like a long ways away for any sort of EoD news...

• 2 weeks later...

@Tuna Bandit.3786 said:I find it repetative, subpar content. Specially the Champions part.

I hope this is, due to the good developers working on EoD.DRMs are tediously long, repetative (always the same) with OP end bosses.Storyline went all over the place after drizzlewoodMasteries are only usable in DRMs which I do not intent to replay to begin with (WAY longer than Strikes with scraps as rewards compared to said strikes)

Bring the last one out, I'll grind through it, just to end the suffering.

I really doubt we'll get another DRM style episode release for the finale. It may be small but I think we may get an actual map. I'm not saying it will be a full-fledged Dragonfall style map with a meta, but I think we'll get at least a small open world map. Whatever happens in the finale makes an impact on the whole of Tyria and I'm assuming that means a conclusion to Jormag or Primordus, or both. Which I don't think the studio would want to try to do within the context of a dragon response mission. Even with the in between content before the expansion launches they still have a lot of story to tell to conclude this mess of a saga. lol

Not only do we have Primordus and Jormag, but we also have KaBraham and Ryland. Unless they're going with the whole.. spirits being the permanent resolution to Primordus threat option in which we'll really only have Jormag and Ryland to deal with. I'd imagine it will be a big battle though. Would be pretty silly to spend this long amassing an army of different factions only to not have them play a part in a final showdown. Unless the showdown is just going to be an artsy cinematic showing representatives of the different factions with the commander and Dragon's Watch.

@Bast.7253 said:Would be pretty silly to spend this long amassing an army of different factions only to not have them play a part in a final showdown. Unless the showdown is just going to be an artsy cinematic showing representatives of the different factions with the commander and Dragon's Watch.

It being glossed over or relegated to a Mass Effect 3 style cinematic sweep is the most likely scenario

All that's for sure is we're supposed to deal with 2 dragons simultaneously in the very near future and it will be a hot mess no matter what happens

Zhaitan was the only one we didn't beat with some deus ex mulligan and that's still generally considered to be the least engaging one

@Substance E.4852 said:

@Bast.7253 said:Would be pretty silly to spend this long amassing an army of different factions only to not have them play a part in a final showdown. Unless the showdown is just going to be an artsy cinematic showing representatives of the different factions with the commander and Dragon's Watch.

It being glossed over or relegated to a Mass Effect 3 style cinematic sweep is the most likely scenario

All that's for sure is we're supposed to deal with 2 dragons simultaneously in the very near future and it will be a hot mess no matter what happens

Zhaitan was the only one we didn't beat with some deus ex mulligan and that's still generally considered to be the least engaging one

I think the point is that we're somehow pitting the two dragons against each other. I guess that doesn't really count as a deus ex whatever - but it doesn't seem like it's going to be OUR forces that do the most damage to either.

I think Grothmar Valley is one of the best maps in the game, lovely to look at, fun events and a great place to level up for the masteries.However I'm only excited about having some more news on EoD, hoping we are still on track for a 2021 release.Brain dead farming till then.zzzzz

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@"nopinopa.4861" said:I was excited before the first chapter, and then I went too disappointed. Now I'm not sure if I will buy EoD...

You will, becoz of the elite specs.

Is that confirmed?Will they used the Guardian burn with sword sword that we fough in some charr duel?

Elite Specialization are confirmed.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild_Wars_2:_End_of_Dragons#cite_note-4

• 3 weeks later...

In fairness, Anet testing DRMs on us, they're not too far off from missions in Guild Wars; where you had a normal mode and hard mode, and the missions were used to deliver parts of a story in a greater campaign. If Anet just fine tune the DRMs a bit wrt. elements that are tedious, they're maybe on to something here. A way to offer tokens for repeating the mission, challenge/hard mode to add extra rewards and achievements, it's not such a bad mechanism that I could easily see added as part of the story in EoD.

Not saying it should all be DRMs, but having them interspersed with good ol' story instances, strike missions, open world maps/events, etc. it could be a good mix and used well to deliver the story.

• Like 1