World Linking 3/26/2021

Cal Cohen.2358

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Salt Mode.3780 said:The biggest problem with servers being full is people are in the server that probably do not step foot into WvW at all. For example CD could have 5k people in it but only 500 goes in WvW while the other 4.5k is PvE exclusive. Which is something I don't understand because in PvE you can do content regardless of what server you are in.

PvE hours do nothing for your WvW status. It’s been stated by devs that it is active play hours inside WvW only.Just play hours. People using those hours to stand afk in spawn 1h or something skew the population data.

@Salt Mode.3780 said:The biggest problem with servers being full is people are in the server that probably do not step foot into WvW at all. For example CD could have 5k people in it but only 500 goes in WvW while the other 4.5k is PvE exclusive. Which is something I don't understand because in PvE you can do content regardless of what server you are in.

I would say that anet allowes 2 full servers to be linked together is a bigger problem. If they see this they should act on it..

@Dawdler.8521 said:

PvE hours do nothing for your WvW status. It’s been stated by devs that it is active play hours inside WvW only.Just play hours. People using those hours to stand afk in spawn 1h or something skew the population data.

Which is... what I said. But it’s NOT play hours in PvE or anywhere other than the WvW maps.

Btw: they consider afk the same as ‘active play hours’.

@gebrechen.5643 genious move. rewards are yet locked for 1 week, plus they are bad enough. if u force people to be stuck for that long, they will just make more alt accounts instead. Wvw is the most time consuming format for one of the worst reward systems in whole gw2. so just don't plant odd ideas into the devs heads, thank you.

Let them buy PoF over and over. And good luck with those Alts you have to level to 80 every time and without world ranks, wasting money on commander tag, etc.It just gets more expensive and you can't buy it with gold which is a huge improvement.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

Which is... what I said. But it’s NOT play hours in PvE or anywhere other than the WvW maps.

Btw: they consider afk the same as ‘active play hours’.Well its not active play hours, thats the point.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

Btw: they consider afk the same as ‘active play hours’.Well its not active play hours, thats the point.

Congratulations! You win the semantics war!!

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

Congratulations! You win the semantics war!!I'm only here for the fights after all.

@"pieddroit.2374" said:Atleast if AR and BP had some respect but they just abuse their numbers unknown.png

On the contrary you guys had 2 large zergs that were about 25-30+ in one squad and another with at least 15+ vs AR/BP zerg that had about 30+ in squad this isn't counting stragglers that are not in squads and you guys still lost. This isn't us having numbers its quality over quantity. I believe there was a streamer on Tuesday night streaming the fight claiming you guys were farming but in reality AR/BP KDA was 2.4 that night while CD/ET had a 0.3-0.4 KDA. Not the server's fault nor link that moral drop that low after couple wipes.

Last week AR/BP couldn't even fight against Mag's guild group called VR, we were spawn camped for hours by them. Don't make this a number thing.

@Dragon Priestess.9760 said:Maguuma and SF have been spawn camping all of EBG for several days now. Make it stop, please.

Mag really REAAAAAALLY needs to be rematched with someone else, this isn't even close they just roll every map with gargantuan blobs at all hours of the day/night/whenever they feel like it (often with large guild zergs vs our pugs). The AR/YB numbers aren't even remotely close to equal at any point, tthis is grossly unbalanced right now. Sure Mag's getting off on it but it's dumb, unfun and not even close to a fair matchup.

@Atticus.7194 said:

@Dragon Priestess.9760 said:Maguuma and SF have been spawn camping all of EBG for several days now. Make it stop, please.

Mag really REAAAAAALLY needs to be rematched with someone else, this isn't even close they just roll every map with gargantuan blobs at all hours of the day/night/whenever they feel like it (often with large guild zergs vs our pugs). The AR/YB numbers aren't even remotely close to equal at any point, tthis is grossly unbalanced right now. Sure Mag's getting off on it but it's dumb, unfun and not even close to a fair matchup.

Small correction: DB/YB, not AR/YB. That was last week's mismatch.

@Atticus.7194 said:

Same situation with WSR/Deso joke link

@Rukasu.3097 said:

@"Dragon Priestess.9760" said:Maguuma and SF have been spawn camping all of EBG for several days now. Make it stop, please.

That's mostly WSR bandwagoners fault.pPI1mFV.pngAnd that's only the confirmed transfers through gw2mists.

@XenesisII.1540 said:Don't show up in ebg for mag, just let them have an empty map :)But pugs would rather get spawn ganked.

I don't think you realize how petty Mag is, they have every single map and all they do is sit there with full maps waiting praying they can stomp random pugs 4v1, stop random players from doing their dailies, flex someway somehow and make other peoples day worse. Every map, every hour, every day all blue and they just wait for a chance to troll.

I take it back they only have 3/4 maps atm all blue with the week already won for them they must be losing their touch.

@Hati.3105 said:

@"Dragon Priestess.9760" said:Maguuma and SF have been spawn camping all of EBG for several days now. Make it stop, please.

That's mostly WSR bandwagoners fault.
pPI1mFV.png
And that's only the confirmed transfers through gw2mists.

Wait. Last time I checked (like week ago) wsr was full. Now it's very high. Means that even more bandwagoners will transfer. What a joke. This week my server is matched with them. We and the other server are tanking to drop. I gave up on wvw also.I just don't understand people who keep feeding them. Just don't play, don't give content to those bandwagoners!

Why would anyone spend 1800 gems to a server, with long queues during the weekends, that has so few commanders motivated due to the amount of people not joining the squad and/or voice and for the massive queues to only cloud on EB, unless they want to play with their friends or with their guilds, which is mainly around prime time.

There are so many other cheaper and good options after the last population change and the amount of coverage and ppt is not something to be proud of, but the system allows it, aswell as the fact no one else is tryharding T1 more than Deso/WSR. At least with the last server links, we saw Piken and Deso drop out, while UW were in T1 for 6 weeks.

Those who are contributing to the ppt, were already on there, have been on Deso and been mostly inactive outside a few weeks in T1 being carried by a chatmander before dropping during the last relink, or most of them moved before the population changed from medium to full, shortly after the relinks.

the WSR numbers are still surprising, but about 90 of those are KILL FAIR LAYS who recently went back to their old server only. desolation itself is pretty dead server with a lot of uncoordinated pugs. @Rukasu.3097 therefore the link is sorta valid. the whiteside server has been really low on population before the link happened. the bandwagoners u talk about are at best 50 people. the link was made when the stats look completely different. also @"aspirine.6852" u could know this by now... they don't link full servers, never happened. they just get filled up after the link. support the #allianceswhen movement or stop complaining, honestly.

this is why link system cannot work, and why alliances sorta of would be necessary to avoid this clown party time and again. alliances + a big reformation about the rewards and winning system. no one will try hard point scoring like this. it's not worth at all, there's no point in it. tiers and ppt is worthless literally. so they made Wvw into an endgame mode, where all reason to win was surgically removed. few special snowflakes still tryhard to win, but the matches just flow like a river. rivers don't just change the way they flow.even 10 random tryharders have zero effect on that, probably not even 20 of those. they either realize they have not the numbers on their side, or realize that they gain nothing from seriously playing. unless u try to get better at groupfights, there's zero means at all within whole Wvw.

this bandwagoning of randoms (guilds are boosting any server they move to, that's not to be called bandwagoning... in a fair world, ppl would pay guilds to move to their server :P ) just shows how many people don't understand the very basics of Wvw.

guilds also constantly die off again or pause. u cannot really recruit any people anymore into fighting guilds, bc barely anyone is seriously up for that. "mimimi comm wants me to do things, but i'm a snowflake so i gonna rather use my pvE set and melt before battle even starts bc i get range 1111'd at trying to snipe a singletarget"

@Atticus.7194 spawncamping just doesn't really exist. all u have to do in that kinda situation is to either log off, or just find a map where they don't camp everything. no server can be on every corner 24/7, not even the biggest. it may feel alike if u have no coordination with the rest of your own server, which may happen. esp for new players its confusing. in reality u'd only need a random pugmander and collect 10 ppl and u should be good to go. surely that's pointless again if they have ganker guilds full of spvp wannabe heroes... and u can only bring similar sized pugs with rookie experience on the board, but that's another issue.

sometimes i think, the population would be better based on Wvw rank (high rank taking more space), but u couldn't really balance it that way either, people will just make new alt accounts for easier farm.

The WSR link only popped to very high because they have barely any content. No one wants to play with them.

We still do with a full zerg but only for 2hrs maybe. We dont even care about ppt, we attack a T3 and fight the 70 roamers to get their loot bags and then leaving the T3 when its getting boring xD

@phreeak.1023 said:The WSR link only popped to very high because they have barely any content. No one wants to play with them.

We still do with a full zerg but only for 2hrs maybe. We dont even care about ppt, we attack a T3 and fight the 70 roamers to get their loot bags and then leaving the T3 when its getting boring xD

i mean, WSR is the link there. but it's basically like the old stacked desolation now, with WSR doing the fight mostly bc deso is filled with ppters that will ppt either way. u cannot even stop that train, it's like a manufactory that roleplays full pvE till deep into the nights of EU timezone. those who leave because of the WSR-linking are probably no player that'd do much either way. the deso-core sticks on the server like glue, but has several alt accounts left and right.

@gebrechen.5643 and how would that be explained? i'd be really interested into hearing how you'd explain like 2000 people why you just decide now to re and unlink things all of a sudden.

if you'd refund them their gems, they'd just transfer again :D if not, u basically scammed them of those up to 1800 gems (or whatever the price is).

one day u people will notice that links as such are a problem.it basically is the worst status quo possible to just having links existing.

This is hands-down the worst link I've experienced since I was linked with Maguuma. Going to be staying out of WvW until the next link because team chat is constantly garbage, commanders either don't know what they're doing or are massive jerks to everyone, and anyone from the smaller server (mine) is categorically shunned.

I always hated Anvil Rock but now I see why they're such a bad server.