Desert borderland why ?

@LetoII.3782 said:

@"Threather.9354" said:Desert bl is perfect map... For making more queues. Its where weak guilds and roamers go to find each other once an hour.

Everyone else queues up to alpines or EBG.

Yea remove it, and add another ebg as well. From 3 playable maps to 5, would be lit. 2 sms to assault, the dream

Lol, at people thinking MORE maps is what we need. Outside of Reset (and for an hour at most), when do we EVER see all 4 current maps queued?

With a new expac coming though, there's potential for a lot of old members to come back, and many people are going to want to try out the new specs in WvW.

People didnt leave in the first place due to gw2's combat, it's generally considered the game's big standout achievement. They left because of the environment that combat takes place in...

And that won't change with this expac any more than it has since launch, Living Story gets the lions share of resources to the exclusion of everything else and mass participation zerging buffs if wvw gets thrown a bone at all.

Homie, people have 100% dipped because of the combat. HoT saw a massive shedding of the player base. PoF did too. The game's big "standout achievement" has been in absolute shambles ever since they introduced specializations over the original traits. You get a small surge of players, and then you lose those players and many of the long standing veterans give up because it's clear the current ANet development team has absolutely no clue what they're doing in terms of balancing things.

I mean, we're talking about a dev team that put Bolt to the Heart & Fresh Air on the same level for specializations, when they were different for traits. Nerfing an already weak meme Elementalist scepter spec into non-existence. Something they still haven't fixed, mind you. And that's one example out of a billion when you start going over every single class.

And that's not even getting into the rampant hacker problem the game has had over all these years, that has made many an SPvP player quit.

If you think the environments are the reason why people quit, then you're blind bro.

@kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

@Threather.9354 said:Desert bl is perfect map... For making more queues. Its where weak guilds and roamers go to find each other once an hour.

Everyone else queues up to alpines or EBG.

Yea remove it, and add another ebg as well. From 3 playable maps to 5, would be lit. 2 sms to assault, the dream

Lol, at people thinking MORE maps is what we need. Outside of Reset (and for an hour at most), when do we EVER see all 4 current maps queued?

They could lower map caps, which helps with lag, to spread players to more maps.... It's an option.

just no... its yet around 70ish only, the caps got lowered once or twice within the last two years. if we keep going by that, you won't be able to field full squads anymore... Wvw dies with increased pug-pirateships. it's so toxic having to play on maps that have 30-40 ppl open formating cloudfighting. that'd be really a reason to abandon gw2 for the last serious players.

Another solution to the problem then is having 3 EBs and no borderlands.

EB is most popular map and the matchup will be completely balanced if everyone gets to each of the 3 different corners on eb.

Alpine maps are just terrible to fight in with the keeps taking so much of the maps ever since they added presence of the keep + claim buff and north towers with singular claim buff being pretty bad to fight at too.

Tbf having at least 2 ebs is kinda necessity atm, people just like EB the most. Least double claim buffs, lot of easy towers to fight at and easy to find fights. Ever since they killed fun fights that last hours with unbalanced stat distribution, borderlands just haven't been great.

Desert map has the problem that since 90% of the commanders avoid going there it ruins the scoring, causes excess queues on other maps and unevens the fight distribution.

@Rukasu.3097 said:

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:When tag asks 'stay in this borefest, go dbl or ebg' I vote dbl every time. It is a lovely map. Lots of space to scrim with other guilds for example. Lots of ways to be sneaky if you just want to solo something for daily and a big plus: the map chat in dbl is bearable. Unlike ebg where the toxic elements and trolls congregate.

Fun for invaders and ppt monkeys who like to sneak objectives. Not so fun for defending server and that's the problem.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1449955/#Comment_1449955 :mrgreen:

• Confused 1

@"Threather.9354" that argument does not really work alike tho. EBG provides by far not the best content. it often isn't taken on reset by a comm and it is also outside of that less played by squads. its constantly filled filled random people doing random things, be it camping big shiny ****hole either actively or passively.

not a big fan of this. we have yet the alpines as copypaste border. and eh, red border is not played in many cases for a variety of reasons, yet the keeps there still tend to be fought over frequently. in the end, ppl dont defend red border bc popping queues might fill their border in the meantime and the reports of people are so crazy bad that u won't be able to reach any objective in time either way.

it's just weird to expect them to remove this border tbh. a fair amount of people still don't fully avoid it. a lot of people play Wvw in such a casual way, that it is frustrating at best in its current state towards the serious players. and those doing the ppt, so ppt-wise u shouldn't even care a tiny about the border. what really "ruins" scoring is anyways the off-hour ppt.

like, they could make ppt ticks based on the amount of players across all servers and maps' activity, so dead hour blobbing wouldn't effect score much. (but again, we are not here to fix Anets game.)

I really didn’t like that map until I started hanging with friends that roamed there. There are so many weird little spots on that map it’s honestly pretty nice for something different. Folks are right though if you have that as your home map it’s a PPT sponge. Course I’m still to this day wishing we just had an open world pvp type spot not tied to a matchup. Is it too big for our current populations? Probably

gw2, the only community that doesn't want new content but wants to delete the old onemy God..you haven't had enough of the alpine map for 8 years? personally I can't stand it anymorethe desert map is perfect for roam, the wvw should not be reduced to fight bus .This map is perfect and I hope we will have a map with the cantha theme that will look like this one

partly thats surely correct, its likely nice to roam there bc it often is more empty and ppl aren't used to its terrain.

it ain't wrong that u learn to navigate there by spending more time in it, still stays more uncomfortable to move around. alone fixing the spawn placement for the map owner and flattening it out mostly would improve it's playability a lot.

I way more prefer roaming on desert map than alpines.You just need to spend time on it to figure out its paths and tricks.I can fully understand why gankers would prefer the alpine maps more. It is much easier to avoid ganking parties on desert.Also I love sneaking up on people and pushing them off cliffs lol.

really isn't. stealthing works completely the same on desert. we had enough largescale fights there as well. the blue/green spawn area is pretty fine and flat enough to fight. the whole midsection is pretty useless, bc u can acutally see nothing around before the stealthing group is directly inside you.

i'd even say, there's not one map as gank-heavy as desert border. a lot of pointless stuff blocking your sight.

the only argumentation for better roaming on desert is maybe that less ppl are on the map, nothing else. and some servers rather not play on desert border for whatever reasons.

Desert borderland why ?

Because the map is different from the other maps, and that's a good thing! Personally, I like to play on this map occasionally.

@"moutzaheadin.4029" said:I think it’s long over due to pull this thing out of the game.

It is not. It would be long overdue - in my opinion - to integrate more maps into the mode. And to allow players and participants to select these with every reset - similar to the map selection in PvP. Yes, such a possibility is long overdue and would create more variety - am i wrong?

On mag, it’s basically free ppt for any server that’s sweaty enough to endure the boredom of taking it.

A fundamental problem with the desert map is that many people badmouth it and intentionally don't play it. One of the consequences of this is that players who like to play this map are demotivated by the fact that they are often outnumbered against many opponents and also avoid the map (sooner or later or even right from the start). The funny thing is that this is one of the few things that are home-made, i.e. by the players themselves. This would presumably be less the case if there were several similar maps, apart from the "old & and more simply kept" maps.

Edited by Metzie.3012