What is your absolute favourite thing in GW2?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The music that I think was in GW1. It brings back happy memories of my time in GW1.Mounts/Gliders. Opens up the game in way that was impossible before.The old starting maps. I keep going back to those maps for a fool around. They have some strange draw for me.Breath taking? The vista when in the right place at the right time.

For me, it is so many things:-the amazing mounts-exploration (including gorgeous maps & perfect musical ambience)-METAS! How I LOVE Metas! Especially Dragon's Stand & The short Tarir one!-casual, solo play options (I am legally blind, but never out of things to do!)-Alts, and replaying all the stories (The only part I cannot solo is the "Hearts & Minds" ending of the HOT story, which gave me great stress & which I will never again attempt to solo!!!)-being able to dye things :)-the kind & helpful players I have encountered in this game-the small touches & details everywhere that bring Tyria to life-skritt & quaggan-my beagle mini...and so much more. I love this game :)

P.S. I love cranky, snarky Rytlock so much that I had to make a male Charr necro. I will be equal parts angry & heartbroken if they kill him off!

The music. I'm still teary-eyed right now because a random DnD playlist I was listening to as background music to a game I was playing started playing Fear Not this Night. It is such a beautiful song, with or without the vocals. My single best gaming memory is with that song. There are so many things I love about GW2. The community, the open world maps, the classes. But, the music really gets to me sometimes.

@SoulGuardian.6203 said:

@Svarty.8019 said:The only unique thing about GW2 is WvW. That's my favourite thing. More's the pity.

I really like that mode too.But honestly feel it lacks something.I can't quite put my finger on it...I play wvw the most after RPG mode.Don't do much pvp at all, think it needs things like capture the flag, bombing run.Domination isn't bad.But yeah... wvw needs some spice.

I would be more than happy to discuss the shortcomings of WvW with you, but that discussion would have to take place on a different website, unfortunately. Do you have any recommendations?

Don't think I can narrow it down to just one; I've had many breaks from the game, but GW2 is the only MMO I really come back to over and over, and I think it's due to:

• love the artistic style and environments
  • fun combat
  • how they've implemented mounts - this should be the new MMO standard!
  • variety of free content and the different game modes
  • lack of vertical progression, so glad to avoid the endless gear treadmill, and instead work other collections and other masteries.
  • in pvp+wvw you fight players vs their skill (profession), not their gear score
  • varies hidden achievements and details that you suddenly come across after so many years and just go wow, was this here all along
  • Old Lion's Arch - favourite hub, nice and "cozy" little pirate-y den, but also liked the journey/story arc that saw its destruction