Bring back Dungeons as 1 to 5 player experience

@Balsa.3951 said:

@Balsa.3951 said:1 not relevant to game play no benefit2 4 path thats all shorter not so much no benefit nothing stops developer to make fractals bigger look deepstone frac3 thats a superior point why go back to inferior? no benefit again4 rewards are not game play also fractals offer better reward

I cant see zero benefit from ur list only limitations and messy code

Like I said, the gameplay is more-or-less the same, just easier to work on and make. But as far as gameplay goes there isn't anything that a dungeon can do that fractal can't. That being said I still think dungeons coming back would be awesome. Gameplay wise dungeons can't do anything different, except for include a lot more mechanics and interesting encounters in 1 dungeon.We have examples of dungeons becoming fractals, aetherblade. They had to turn that into 2 different fractals, whereas the original dungeon was all in one package, and I think there's something to be said about that.Additionally dungeons being set in the open world allows for them to have actual relevance to the story of the open world. Also placement of dungeons being in the open world instead of it's own little isolated location allows for players to be funneled into more organized gameplay in the open world.Fractals and dungeons can co-exist after all. They serve different purposes and take different amounts of time. Only got 15-30 minutes? Do a fractal. Got an hour or 2? Do a dungeon.

@White Kitsunee.4620 said:They had to turn that into 2 different fractals, whereas the original dungeon was all in one package, and I think there's something to be said about that.

Much have already been said about that sort of thing in that every time a fractal beyond a particular length gets released there will be negative feedback about its length.

Additionally dungeons being set in the open world allows for them to have actual relevance to the story of the open world. Also placement of dungeons being in the open world instead of it's own little isolated location allows for players to be funneled into more organized gameplay in the open world.

That is more of a disadvantage since it imposes additional restrictions.

Fractals and dungeons can co-exist after all. They serve different purposes and take different amounts of time. Only got 15-30 minutes? Do a fractal. Got an hour or 2? Do a dungeon.

Most dungeons will not take that long unless you have a terrible team but if you have a terrible team fractals will take just as long. Had to spend an hour on a t3 cliffside once ...

@White Kitsunee.4620 said:

@Balsa.3951 said:1 not relevant to game play no benefit2 4 path thats all shorter not so much no benefit nothing stops developer to make fractals bigger look deepstone frac3 thats a superior point why go back to inferior? no benefit again4 rewards are not game play also fractals offer better reward

I cant see zero benefit from ur list only limitations and messy code

Like I said, the gameplay is more-or-less the same, just easier to work on and make. But as far as gameplay goes there isn't anything that a dungeon can do that fractal can't. That being said I still think dungeons coming back would be awesome. Gameplay wise dungeons can't do anything different, except for include a lot more mechanics and interesting encounters in 1 dungeon.We have examples of dungeons becoming fractals, aetherblade. They had to turn that into 2 different fractals, whereas the original dungeon was all in one package, and I think there's something to be said about that.Additionally dungeons being set in the open world allows for them to have actual relevance to the story of the open world. Also placement of dungeons being in the open world instead of it's own little isolated location allows for players to be funneled into more organized gameplay in the open world.Fractals and dungeons can co-exist after all. They serve different purposes and take different amounts of time. Only got 15-30 minutes? Do a fractal. Got an hour or 2? Do a dungeon.

2.Fractles are shorter and don't have 4 paths each.

was that not ur point that dungeons are longer?

anyway more content always welcome no matter how its called

@Khisanth.2948 said:That is more of a disadvantage since it imposes additional restrictions.

I actually completely disagree with you here. One of the biggest complaints about the LW is that they don't have a good chunk of content in them. People complain about this even when nre fractals are added, simply because open world and fractals are so discounted. The gameplay loop of open world maps needs a satisfying endpoint that they just don't have.

@Khisanth.2948 said:Most dungeons will not take that long unless you have a terrible team but if you have a terrible team fractals will take just as long. Had to spend an hour on a t3 cliffside once ...

When I said, "dungeons take an hour or 2" i was referring to vanilla, when dungeons were actually balanced. I played a lot in vanilla and my dungeon runs could easily go towards the hour mark. Especially for an un-experinced group. I did a run of AC just a year ago with nothing but new players and it took us several hours to clear 1 path.>

@Balsa.3951 said:

2.Fractles are shorter and don't have 4 paths each.

was that not ur point that dungeons are longer?

anyway more content always welcome no matter how its called

Yes that is my point, its because fractals are short that they can serve different purposes from dungeons.

Id really like it if dungeons and fractals co-existed like the way mythic+ and mega-dungeons do in WoW