Please fix the weird tilting already! [Merged]

GWMO.4785

@"Titan.8215" said:Hey, I want to report this bug to see if there is any solution of it happen to others about. I've had it sometimes on other characters but not too noticeable to be annoying.I've been mapping from 0 to 100% a fresh character (daredevil) and I've realized that sometimes the character its just inclined while moving. It's annoy me a lot because character just move a bit weird specially on ramps. Here is a video about what I mean:

Here is how you move normally, if you want to compare the character's inclination.

https://youtu.be/Cf7RVJzVLi4

Does anyone know how to fix or minimize it? I think I get that inclination issue after using staff 5 or staff 2 often, after dismounting, or idk...

Excuse me for my english and I hope you can understand what I mean. I didn't get that issue that often like now. Oh, and you can "fix" it relogging but it usually come back after a few actions.

Good day.

You need to edit link to second video as it has "https.//" twice (in the link that are actually directing to web site). You don't see in until you use edit or re-post it.

Corrected link:

It seems to be triggered by skills/abilities that "displace" your character in some way or form.

So it is bound to happen a lot more to people who play classes that have some kind of teleport skills, dashes, etc. or content where knock backs and the like are common.

I bet those who claimed being unaffected will encounter the bug the first time they get hit by a spider in SAB. Or anything really, since in there most types of DMG seems to come with a knockback/knock down attached. Not even talking about jumping rocks in Tribulation Mode ?

P.S.

@"Rayti.6531" said:It seems to be triggered by skills/abilities that "displace" your character in some way or form.

So it is bound to happen a lot more to people who play classes that have some kind of teleport skills, dashes, etc. or content where knock backs and the like are common.

These are all situations in which the character wasn't near an enemy, yet the tilting occured (I've made screenshots with and without weapons drawn):

ghRQRcZ.jpg

@Ashantara.8731 said:P.S.

@"Rayti.6531" said:It seems to be triggered by skills/abilities that "displace" your character in some way or form.

These are all situations in which the character wasn't near an enemy, yet the tilting occured (I've made screenshots with and without weapons drawn):

ghRQRcZ.jpg

I noticed that even "fall dmg" is enough for it to trigger sometimes. Even though fall dmg per se does not exist in SAB, as soon as you fall far enough your character "face plants" - that might be what's triggering it - need to test this again once I'm home from work.

Might be some adjustments in the game physics that brought back this old bug... Maybe even related to adjustments made to SAB, since those are usually being worked on quite some time before its release. As far as I remember from dev interviews, making SAB work at all required quite some tinkering with game physics.

@"Rayti.6531" said:I noticed that even "fall dmg" is enough for it to trigger sometimes. Even though fall dmg per se does not exist in SAB, as soon as you fall far enough your character "face plants" - that might be what's triggering it - need to test this again once I'm home from work.

Perhaps we will get some feedback from the devs on this (regarding what's causing it).

Might be some adjustments in the game physics that brought back this old bug... Maybe even related to adjustments made to SAB, since those are usually being worked on quite some time before its release. As far as I remember from dev interviews, making SAB work at all required quite some tinkering with game physics.

Well... the past couple of years, I did not have it happen even once in SAB (and I played the Tribulation Mode 96 times for the infusions without it occuring at all). So I hope this gets fixed soon, it has become majorly annoying and disruptive.

@Ashantara.8731 said:Well... the past couple of years, I did not have it happen even once in SAB (and I played the Tribulation Mode 96 times for the infusions without it occuring at all). So I hope this gets fixed soon, it has become majorly annoying and disruptive.

True, the bug first appeared years ago, but was fixed for a long time until it reoccurred just recently. I also had no problems in my many Tribulation runs last year (at least not the character tilting one - the trampolines though... well...).

This is not the only bug that reappeared - the Weaver skills getting messed up when using mounts also got much worse recently. Might have merged some old code into the live build or something...

However, all we can do here is guesswork and provide as much information regarding which skills/actions trigger it in order to make tracking down the root cause of the bug easier.

After playing SAB for 4 days

... I can now say this with certainty:

• Using an emote like /point does not temporarily fix the tilting.
  • Fall damage does not trigger the tilting. I've had several occasions where I would get up after falling from great heights and be perfectly aligned by the laws of gravity.

Ergo, the tilting issue is occuring by itself and has no specific triggers. And it's happening all the time, with very few exceptional moments.

Here is one reproduceable trigger - as I already said. Being hit by anything that causes knock down/back:

Note the non-tilting before being hit. Same happens when being hit by a monkey, spider, etc. -> The claim that there is "no trigger" is simply not correct. It's just that there are several, some of which might not be that easy to spot.

I've noticed this happens more easily on some races/genders than others. Human male revenant gets tilted very easily even without being cc'd. The tiniest female asura gets tilted even more easily. Even when running on seemingly flat ground she runs oddly. When in open world I just mount griffon and blast skill 1 to get rid of the tilting. Sometimes it works. Female sylvari never gets tilted, she's been running SAB and gotten smacked, cc'd and stuff, and no, she will not tilt. Male sylvari tilts the same way as human male. Haven't noticed any tilting with charr or with norn, but I play those races very little.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2021 at 11:28 PM, keenedge.9675 said:

I play VERY often on my main as a Sylvari Female.  For reference, I've never seen it.

I can't imagine this not affecting every race, though.

As correctly observed by others, the tilting always occurs whenever the character gets pulled, pushed or other such actions are applied to the player model.

This is my #1 priority issue at the moment, an I am very displeased that ANet doesn't really seem to care about it.

• Like 1

• Ashantara.8731 changed the title to Please fix the weird tilting already! [Merged]
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm having the same issue as well. It is really bugging me because it throws me off while I'm doing jumping puzzles. It does it on multiple characters across my account. I have no idea if it only affects a certain race. I'll start paying attention and report my findings.