Soulbeast, the best WvW class all around (even in zergs)

Charall.4710

@Some Call Me Tim.2319 said:I main soulbeast. You guys are on something good if you think it’s a good as all this. Sure I survive pretty well out there.. damage yadayada... but it’s by no means better in groups than engi and firebrand for support, and the other zerg classes are overall better for mass killing etc.

I’m good at what I do according to my team mates, but I have to rofl at the thought of ranger taking place of any of these other zerg classes. When played properly they are easily as op etc

Immob Soulbeast probably has the highest aoe spike in the game (Maul + quickness + Whirling Defense with Prelude Lash in under 2 seconds), on top of aoe immob spam. It's a mass murder machine if you know when and how to engage. Of course it helps being in a good squad for the boons.

@mistsim.2748 said:

@mistsim.2748 said:Immob Soulbeast probably has the highest aoe spike in the game

You haven't seen a Berserker in action, have you. Arc Divider is like a literal PBAoE nuke.

I have, a/a/GS SB does very similar damage, but it also brings immobs and stances to the table. No reason to run a dps warrior over Soulbeast.

But there also no reason to run a dps SB.

It's funny. The discussion about Ranger in WvW is now over 8 years old and to this day, not a single ranger could proof that they are not unviable.

The only things Ranger has currently is that LB5 doesn't need LoS and that Druid can spam Imob.

And both should not be a thing.

Lets hope EoD changes this.Maybe the 8y long QQ will stop.

@"ArchonWing.9480" said:The thing is that one source of stability is simply not good enough due to boonrips you'll never replace a firebrand that has multiple stability sources and cleanses are just simply better handed out by fb/scrapper/tempests. Stability does nothing for people that are already stunned, and FB has a fairly spammable elite that breaks them. You can somewhat emulate this with "Protect Me"

That being said, Dolyak's stance's ability to negate soft CC should be looked at, however, do note LOTP has only half duration for its allies.

What is pretty interesting that I think is overlooked is One Wolf Pack. It's a unique buff that could seriously add on some burst damage. I guess people are hung up on Entangle. Maybe combine it with the Warhorn?

Also get a pet with prelude lash.

Giving OWP to your zerg is asking for your zerg to take a lot of extra retaliation damage.

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

@mistsim.2748 said:Immob Soulbeast probably has the highest aoe spike in the game

You haven't seen a Berserker in action, have you. Arc Divider is like a literal PBAoE nuke.

I have, a/a/GS SB does very similar damage, but it also brings immobs and stances to the table. No reason to run a dps warrior over Soulbeast.

It's funny. The discussion about Ranger in WvW is now over 8 years old and to this day, not a single ranger could proof that they are not unviable.

The only things Ranger has currently is that LB5 doesn't need LoS and that Druid can spam Imob.

But there is a reason. For immobs. And spike damage. And CC. It's an excellent midliner.

Yes, you can run the same on Druid. If you prefer to heal instead of dealing tremendous spike damage.

The discussion you are referring to occurred before the Soulbeast was released so it's basically totally moot now. Technically you can just faceroll with guard, necro, and scrapper. But you don't have to.

The Immobeast is even on gw2mists.com, although it's not meta simply because it's a bit difficult to play. But lots of guilds run these.

guilds size makes immobeast somewhat usable, while very likely often any other support or dmg would be more effective. immob is easy to use and pretty broken durancewise and probably a try to find any usage for the mass of ranger, still only 1% of rangers seem to run or have that very build. yet, to be effective at serious numbers, even the immobranger isn't that good. u can eventually snipe away some dps classes if the other groups support sleeps (which ain't rare these days), but that's about it.

if you want to do a viability check for the zergs you can't just list stuff that are good on a build. Every profession will look good that way. If you bring a SB into a party you replace one spot. So you need to explain why a SB is better than for example a Herald or whatever you are replacing.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@"ArchonWing.9480" said:The thing is that one source of stability is simply not good enough due to boonrips you'll never replace a firebrand that has multiple stability sources and cleanses are just simply better handed out by fb/scrapper/tempests. Stability does nothing for people that are already stunned, and FB has a fairly spammable elite that breaks them. You can somewhat emulate this with "Protect Me"

That being said, Dolyak's stance's ability to negate soft CC should be looked at, however, do note LOTP has only half duration for its allies.

What is pretty interesting that I think is overlooked is One Wolf Pack. It's a unique buff that could seriously add on some burst damage. I guess people are hung up on Entangle. Maybe combine it with the Warhorn?

Giving OWP to your zerg is asking for your zerg to take a lot of extra retaliation damage.

Yea, but zergs have so much healing nowadays that if there's any support near you pressing buttons, it's not really a thing. Retal really only kills glass ranged characters that are off the group especially since it was nerfed last year.

Although this is probably because I learned in this thread that it only affects one target. Now I'm just disappointed.

@ArchonWing.9480 said:

@ArchonWing.9480 said:The thing is that one source of stability is simply not good enough due to boonrips you'll never replace a firebrand that has multiple stability sources and cleanses are just simply better handed out by fb/scrapper/tempests. Stability does nothing for people that are already stunned, and FB has a fairly spammable elite that breaks them. You can somewhat emulate this with "Protect Me"

Yea, but zergs have so much healing nowadays that if there's any support near you pressing buttons, it's not really a thing. Retal really only kills glass ranged characters that are off the group especially since it was nerfed last year.

Although this is probably because I learned in this thread that it only affects one target. Now I'm just disappointed.

I mean if someone in the zerg didn't notice the OWP icon on their boon/debuff bar they might use a nuke that they THOUGHT they could survive but the extra retal ticks from the OWP procs could tip them over the edge and into downstate. Yada yada situational awareness/get on coms, but if said ranger isn't in coms and you don't expect it then it can be an unwelcome surprise.

@mistsim.2748 said:

But there is a reason. For immobs. And spike damage. And CC. It's an excellent midliner.

Yes, you can run the same on Druid. If you prefer to heal instead of dealing tremendous spike damage.

The discussion you are referring to occurred before the Soulbeast was released so it's basically totally moot now. Technically you can just faceroll with guard, necro, and scrapper. But you don't have to.

The Immobeast is even on gw2mists.com, although it's not meta simply because it's a bit difficult to play. But lots of guilds run these.

This? https://gw2mists.com/builds/ranger/power-soulbeast

I don't understand how that build works at all unless you are never the target, and never alone. Even then...

It has one condi clear, and probably the worst one we have as it's a double edged sword (against power the healing is so low you might as well not heal). It has essence of speed and live fast but seemingly nothing to self-synergize with these; it has immobs but no WS so they are both on full CD; A/A but no BM for the trait....

I'd at least swap out Marksmanship for Beastmastery and hope not to run into many condi classes--I've had some success doing this in groups, but solo losing all of your protection (WS/NM) is going to hurt.

Yeah, sorry, but I hope no one is running that.

@Gotejjeken.1267 said:

This?

I don't understand how that build works at all unless you are never the target, and never alone. Even then...

It has one condi clear, and probably the worst one we have as it's a double edged sword (against power the healing is so low you might as well not heal). It has essence of speed and live fast but seemingly nothing to self-synergize with these; it has immobs but no WS so they are both on full CD; A/A but no BM for the trait....

I'd at least swap out Marksmanship for Beastmastery and hope not to run into many condi classes--I've had some success doing this in groups, but solo losing all of your protection (WS/NM) is going to hurt.

Yeah, sorry, but I hope no one is running that.

No, I don't know what that is. Immobeast is a well known build, u can find it on the same site.

Dravvi, due to your constant highly racist slurs and insults in teamchat with 90% of the server having you blocked, every single one of your threads is looking like another troll post, which it probably is.

@Dravvi.3146 said:This brings soulbeast something BIG for WvW, something seriously useful in zerg fights