Super Adventure Festival returns next week!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:I am asking again:

please enable an option that lets one block all SAB related graphics AND noises. Not only are extremely annoying, they are also completely immersion breaking.

Sorry but, in terms of a lore perspective, they are not "immersion breaking", they fall under the lore surrounding Moto and Rata Sum so they do make perfect sense. We don't know what those Asura are doing—at least we know they have a sense of fun as well.

@MarshallLaw.9260 said:

@MarkoGold.7126 said:its a shame they dont care about sab much to add new zones for like what 6 + years now its honestly the only festival type event i like in the game.

Sure, but some people (including myself) don't like the content at all. It's the only festival which I will repeatedly avoid. Remember that taste is subjective and just because a handful of people are vocal about how much they enjoy SAB, doesn't mean it is actually that popular overall. If it's not very popular, then it makes sense that Anet will invest fewer resources into it.

My first visit to this sab last night and I thought 'what the kitten hell is this?' To be blunt it's just kitten stupid. Since, I have deleted everything to do with it. If I wanted to play silly stuff like that I would be playing my little pony and the like. And those kitten stupid boxes are all over the place, ruining any immersion I can scrape up.Wasted resources when there is so much stuff that needs fixing in the game.

Each its liking. 3/4 of my guild ~50 players like SAB and want more ressources "wasted in it".Would prefer 1 million time seeing world 3 and world 4 , sab gemstore cosmetics and weapons than funding ressources else where apartiving world/expansion.In schedule of 3 months release, THEY HAVE TIME to tinker the remaining world shards by shards.

Chapters? DRMS? Srikes? Those are wasted ressources that could have been directed into sab. It has been 8 years, this festival is here and no it wilm not be removed because not everyone like or play retro sounds and graphics.

@Joote.4081 said:

@MarkoGold.7126 said:its a shame they dont care about sab much to add new zones for like what 6 + years now its honestly the only festival type event i like in the game.

Sure, but some people (including myself) don't like the content at all. It's the only festival which I will repeatedly avoid. Remember that taste is subjective and just because a handful of people are vocal about how much they enjoy SAB, doesn't mean it is actually that popular overall. If it's not very popular, then it makes sense that Anet will invest fewer resources into it.

My first visit to this sab last night and I thought 'what the kitten hell is this?' To be blunt it's just kitten stupid. Since, I have deleted everything to do with it. If I wanted to play silly stuff like that I would be playing my little pony and the like. And those kitten stupid boxes are all over the place, ruining any immersion I can scrape up.Wasted resources when there is so much stuff that needs fixing in the game.

Sorry to burst your bubble but SAB is part of the game's lore and even made it into a Living Story episode. This makes it a part of Tyria's immersion. You may not care for it but many of us love it!

@Joote.4081 said:

im just waiting for next week so i can buy the super raptor mount skin and break immersion xdd

@Joote.4081 said:

Well it was a passion project for the devs made on their own time so no resources wasted.

@Joote.4081 said:

I feel like you're trying to put Gw2 into this traditional, medieval style box, even though Gw2's lore and aesthetics have been extremely kooky from the getgo.

Gw2 has never been this dark, realistic low fantasy medieval game that you seem to be looking for according to some other posts you wrote. The game never took itself too seriously, it always had fun, colorful, over-the-top aesthetics full of glitter bombs and rainbows. You always say that you think they're making a mockery out of their original game, even though those kind of things have been part of the game literally since release. The first SAB took place less than a year after release and has been a staple and one of the most well liked festivals ever since.

@Maikimaik.1974 said:

I feel like you're trying to put Gw2 into this traditional, medieval style box, even though Gw2's lore and aesthetics have been extremely kooky from the getgo.

Gw2 has never been this dark, realistic low fantasy medieval game that you seem to be looking for according to some other posts you wrote. The game never took itself to seriously, it always had fun, colorful, over-the-top aesthetics full of glitter bombs and rainbows. You always say that you think they're making a mockery out of their original game, even though those kind of things have been part of the game literally since release. The first SAB took place less than a year after release and has been a staple and one of the most well liked festivals ever since.

That and unicorn shortbow legendary was there since release

@Joote.4081 said:My first visit to this sab last night and I thought 'what the kitten hell is this?' To be blunt it's just kitten stupid. Since, I have deleted everything to do with it. If I wanted to play silly stuff like that I would be playing my little pony and the like.

You obviously don't get SAB at all. It has zero to do with My Little Pony, that's for sure.

I avoided SAB for many years, until I finally gave it a serious try in 2019 and realized how great it was. You should try that, too.

P.S. You and the other critics should lighten up. ;) SAB is full of humor and challenges alike - it's its own game.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Joote.4081 said:My first visit to this sab last night and I thought 'what the kitten hell is this?' To be blunt it's just kitten stupid. Since, I have deleted everything to do with it. If I wanted to play silly stuff like that I would be playing my little pony and the like.

You obviously don't get SAB at all. It has zero to do with My Little Pony, that's for sure.

I avoided SAB for many years, until I finally gave it a serious try in 2019 and realized how great it was. You should try that, too.

P.S. You and the other critics should lighten up. ;) SAB is full of humor and challenges alike - it's its own game.

I did try it. I lasted about 45 minutes but had no desire to carry on. Games were dull and the rewards, well, the less said about the rewards the better. I guess if your into bouncy castles, party hats, and minecraft you might find some appeal. This sort of stuff is far removed from my reasons for liking the game. I don't begrudge it to others I just don't want to see any of it in my game. Those stupid boxes are everywhere. Talking to a heart in the desert and there was one of the kitten things on top of the kitten tent.You know? They even had the cheek to offer me one of those daft boxes for free. Like rubbing salt into a wound.

@Joote.4081 said:

I did try it. I lasted about 45 minutes but had no desire to carry on. Games were dull and the rewards, well, the less said about the rewards the better. I guess if your into bouncy castles, party hats, and minecraft you might find some appeal. This sort of stuff is far removed from my reasons for liking the game. I don't begrudge it to others I just don't want to see any of it in my game. Those stupid boxes are everywhere. Talking to a heart in the desert and there was one of the kitten things on top of the kitten tent.You know? They even had the cheek to offer me one of those daft boxes for free. Like rubbing salt into a wound.

Ah, you dont like hard content. I bet you really like getting rewards with low effort though.

@FrownyClown.8402 said:

Ah, you dont like hard content. I bet you really like getting rewards with low effort though.

Your right. I should be able to win using one finger. If I have to use more than one finger my brain overheats. I want one of those secret keyboards that have a 'I WIN' button but they seem to be in short supply.

@Joote.4081 said:I guess if your into bouncy castles, party hats, and minecraft you might find some appeal.

I hate all of the above (well, maybe not bouncy castles, which I enjoyed as a child). There goes your theory on what type of person likes SAB.

SAB is a homage to old platformer video games from 30+ years ago, and I am in my mid 40s, so I remember the times vividly. I find SAB excellently done, with all the boni that today's engines provide (thanks to a full 3D camera and free movement). There is so much fun stuff to do: dig for treasures, find secret rooms with special loot, go on quests for special items like weapon upgrades, put your dexterity to the ultimate test in a very challenging hard mode, hunt for special infusions and weapon sets (though I don't use the latter, because I like to keep SAB separate from the rest of Tyria ;) ). And all that packed in an environment whose humorous details and references can crack you up.

So... what's not to like?

@Joote.4081 said:

Save your breath friend. As you can see, the fanboys are out in full force.The moment anyone says "I'm just not into SAB" they come running with "oh, you probably don't understand it", "I'm sure you'll like it if you tried it", "oh you know it's for the sophisticated gentleman gamer who can truly appreciate the retro aesthetics (tips pixelated fedora)"

....what? We are all responding to each other's comments. Of course people who like SAB will react like that to someone who doesn't. Why post at all if you aren't willing to consider other people's perspective? You don't have to like SAB. I think it's great. I'll see you in a different part of the game.

@"MarshallLaw.9260" said:Save your breath friend. As you can see, the fanboys are out in full force.

It's really weird to call a woman in her mid-40s a "fanboy". I have not been a "fangirl" of anything since my early/mid 20s. Just because someone likes something you don't doesn't make them a fanboy/-girl.

The moment anyone says "I'm just not into SAB" they come running with "oh, you probably don't understand it", "I'm sure you'll like it if you tried it", "oh you know it's for the sophisticated gentleman gamer who can truly appreciate the retro aesthetics (tips pixelated fedora)"

Listen, I felt the same way before I gave it a serious try, so it's safe to assume that there are other people out there (not everyone, but some) who might actually go down the same road. You can't judge something you don't know much about. Of course, you could say now, "I know enough to know that I don't like it", but that doesn't mean that's the only truth for everyone else.

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

@Ayakaru.6583 said:"Innovative gameplay"The bouncing mushrooms work less than hand the time

Try it again! Mushrooms and trampolines got fixed this time around.

I've been around, haven't noticed an improvement

Then you aren't remembering correctly. They are far more responsive than in previous years. The difference is obvious.

It's nice to be able to farm that bauble bubbles so easy - to buy almost all the stuff of the weekly vendor each week without having to grind a lot. (Like in other festivals where even 1 voucher is a ton of grind. And I do just skip that then.)

Though I dislike some of the stuff - and would not have been able to do it without guides. (To find all the baubles. And Tribulation still is a lot of work and most won't finish the tribulation weapon sets in 1 or even 2 years ... but taking much more. Cause it is exhausting.)

Nice. But I can understand that people have different interests and the developers will have to focus on different stuff. In the other (pinned) thread someone suggested an ultra hard mode and I thought "who should play that?" (when already tribulatoin sets are completed only by a very small percentage of the players).

Next worlds would be nice. (And some armor set - instead of the weapons that just get new colors and minor skin changes.) But then in the duration of world 1.

I saw some hardcore vid of someone in world 2 zone 2 - who did it in 5 or 6 minutes only. But he seemed to use a lot of dodge jumps and glitches (shortcutes that surely were not intended to be used). That must have taken hours and days of training. And even out of the hardcore guys that play tribulation successfully ... such a feat would only be possible for a very small amount of them. (Maybe less then 0.1 of the total playerbase.)

The exploring and stuff: ... yeah maybe when the world got released the first time I tried that as well. Then using the guide at the 2nd playthrough. (To not waste too much time.) I mean: If there were absolutely no achievements/skins it would be just for fun. But with tons of other content in GW2 and the box only available 3 weeks/year I tend to focus on trying to finish stuff fast. And i feels like "work".

Box being available permanently. Or 1 day per weak - each week ... would be more relaxing. Repeatedly without break to have to play it ... is exhausting. I have played 1 full tribulation playthrough in 2013. And now in 2020 again one - when I did SAB for the first time after my break. Then managed to finish the set in W1 cause it was 4 weeks SAB last year. But - and I consider myself not that bad at JPs (have almost done everything and even - with tons of training - completd gold on griffon/beetle races) - for W2 I can do zone 1 and then either zone 2 or zone 3 (one of those 2) per day at max. Then I'm exhausted. (And I just started a few days ago. Week 1 and first half of week 2 I took it a bit slow completing the annual tribulatoin world 1 run only and then the first real try at learning W2 to do it repeatedly - with video 2-3 hours for zone 2. Then zone 2 also some hours.)

I wonder if - especially when they add more worlds in the future maybe - it is not possible to bring the SAB permanently. And lock/timegate the rewards maybe. (Once per 2 weeks or so.) So it would still not be possible to over-farm it (365 days farming a year and rewards each day - not possible if rewards once per week or per 2 weeks) but you could play at your own pace. I usually do this for other exhausting stuff. (Only a bit ever day. Takes longer. But for SAB you are limited to the 3 weeks and need to get the most out of it.)

3 weeks is 21 days. Year has 52 or 53 days. Rewards bi-weekly would get close to that. With a permanently available SAB. Do 1 run and get the rewards you now get daily. Then be able to train (more runs) without additional rewards. And the next rewards 2 weeks later again.

The weekly vendor and the latest world (should they add world 3) in the festival maybe. While older stuff permanent.

@AliamRationem.5172 said:

@Ayakaru.6583 said:"Innovative gameplay"The bouncing mushrooms work less than hand the time

Try it again! Mushrooms and trampolines got fixed this time around.

I've been around, haven't noticed an improvement

Then you aren't remembering correctly. They are far more responsive than in previous years. The difference is obvious.

you jump on, nothing happensthen you hop in place 2 or 3 times and you bounce offsame as it's always been, same as it'll always be