[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

Adding markers for parties would be nice, but as others have said, the party leader was something that used to exist but was removed because people abused it to the point people were turned off of using LFG or being the PUG of a group as there was no small chance you'd be kicked just before getting credit or loot.

@Arden.7480 said:

@Veprovina.4876 said:This used to be the case (minus the commander powers), but it was apparently abused as party leaders would kick players before the boss was finished etc...It's unlikely to return unless a ton of other underlying systems are improved as well to prevent grieving.

well, in raids and strike missions the commander can't kick during fights, though. And also it's just for organization purposes, I don't want the party commander to have unlimited powers.

Yes, but that would require a new party system to be in place. And you'll find that the community likes to make excuses for Anet citing "sphagetti code" and all sorts of ridiculous things as to why this can't be done. At least that's my experience when making suggestions that by all accounts should be an afternoon job.

For what it's worth, i agree with your suggestion, it would be nice to even be able to run a caommander tag in a a party so you can do fractals and whatever, i'm sure some people would find it useful. And the devs do read the forums and suggestions.

Just don't expect anything to change any time soon. Especially not before EOD expansion comes out because that's where the bulk of their work will be now.

@Teratus.2859 said:

@Veprovina.4876 said:This used to be the case (minus the commander powers), but it was apparently abused as party leaders would kick players before the boss was finished etc...It's unlikely to return unless a ton of other underlying systems are improved as well to prevent grieving.

Yeah this is true, many stories told over time such as dungeon groups being kicked for no reason so the party leader could bring all their friends in for the end reward etc.There was also times where the instance owner would loot and run and the rest of the group would be kicked before they could get their end rewards.It sucked.

Yes, while i never experienced this myself, even before in the early days, i did hear how the system was abused a lot. So while the current one isn't perfect or abuse-proof, it's better than the one before. Still, i won't say no to improvements. :smile:

@Arden.7480 said:

@"Veprovina.4876" said:This used to be the case (minus the commander powers), but it was apparently abused as party leaders would kick players before the boss was finished etc...It's unlikely to return unless a ton of other underlying systems are improved as well to prevent grieving.

well, in raids and strike missions the commander can't kick during fights, though. And also it's just for organization purposes, I don't want the party commander to have unlimited powers.In dungeons, the kicking happened usually just before the last boss. Then the leader either brought in guildies (that this way ended up skipping most of the tedious parts of the dungeon, but still got most of rewards for it), or put up the dungeon path for sale.In raids, there's no point to that, because there's next to no "intermediary content". You get the rewards for the bosses you kill, not for completing the wing, so skipping first bosses just to kill the last one is pretty much meaningless.Still, originally there was a little bit of griefing sometimes at the very beginning, when you had to actually be alive to pick up the rewards. Some leaders liked to kick dead players before they had a chance to revive, come back and claim the loot. It took a change in how the rewards are obtained to stop that.

Add it optional and make those players that want it very happy while others that do not want it are not affectd at all. :)Don't know how much coding/work that would be though.

There is still a lot of bad stuff that exists in the game though. For example: Fractals at the start need to everyone check "ready" (instead of a majority vote that also could be possible there).

On the other hand (which is weird): Forcing the poor guy that wants to finish the fractal back to the lobby by majority vote is still possible and I do not know if it is griefing or if some players just do not know enough about the game to just leave the party so the other guy could just put the group back in lfg. There should be no majority vote but everyone should have to agree to go back to lobby. But ArenaNet decided to have the decision that is more impactful (player that got forced back to lobby by majority will have to run the whole fractal again) require a majority vote while stuff that is not that important requires everyone (not 3 out of 5 only) to vote "ready".

Minor tweaks here would help a lot.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@"Veprovina.4876" said:This used to be the case (minus the commander powers), but it was apparently abused as party leaders would kick players before the boss was finished etc...It's unlikely to return unless a ton of other underlying systems are improved as well to prevent grieving.

well, in raids and strike missions the commander can't kick during fights, though. And also it's just for organization purposes, I don't want the party commander to have unlimited powers.In dungeons, the kicking happened usually just before the last boss. Then the leader either brought in guildies (that this way ended up skipping most of the tedious parts of the dungeon, but still got most of rewards for it), or put up the dungeon path for sale.In raids, there's no point to that, because there's next to no "intermediary content". You get the rewards for the bosses you kill, not for completing the wing, so skipping first bosses just to kill the last one is pretty much meaningless.Still, originally there was a little bit of griefing sometimes at the very beginning, when you had to actually be alive to pick up the rewards. Some leaders liked to kick dead players before they had a chance to revive, come back and claim the loot. It took a change in how the rewards are obtained to stop that.

Well it also locked them out of said rewards during that week even if they killed the boss again hence the change.

@Luthan.5236 said:There is still a lot of bad stuff that exists in the game though. For example: Fractals at the start need to everyone check "ready" (instead of a majority vote that also could be possible there).

How does it make any sense to not check if all are ready for group content? If you want to run ahead, have the afk person leave or remove them, then the vote can go through. A majority vote makes no sense if the goal is to check if the entire party is present. This is such a check intended to let people finish what ever they are doing in the fractal lobby (which is a lobby where players occasionally need to do things or purchase things BEFORE entering the fractal), and it has work arounds if need be.

@Luthan.5236 said:On the other hand (which is weird): Forcing the poor guy that wants to finish the fractal back to the lobby by majority vote is still possible and I do not know if it is griefing or if some players just do not know enough about the game to just leave the party so the other guy could just put the group back in lfg. There should be no majority vote but everyone should have to agree to go back to lobby.

It's 5 players, you need a 3 to 1 majority vote to kick someone (less as group size shrinks). Now this does not prevent abuse, but when playing with completely random players, you must have kittened off at least 3 of them to receive a kick. Given the baseline stance of players in general not wanting things to take longer than needed, you thus must have:

A. made someone actually take the time to consider and initiate a vote kick, while him risking the others kicking him instead if he is being toxic if the vote is unwarranted

B. made a majority of the party want to remove you in agreement with the vote kick, and not consider kicking the vote kick initiating party instead

C. have the party willingly take extra time in finding a replacement afterwards

A vote kick is not the same as a ready check. It is a parties last means to try to remove an unfitting element before disbanding or having a majority of players have to deal with an individual they do not want there. Why should 4 players be punished because 1 does not fit? You have not really thought this through here have you? You are only seeing the 1 poor person who got kicked by abuse. What about if you were in a party with someone who started cursing, insulting, trolling and in general being toxic to the group? You are now forced to either redo the content after removing them or be subject to this individual giving this person all the power in the world over your leisure time. Now THAT is toxic.

Where this can see abuse is when the positions of the members are skewed to begin with, say if some party members know each other, etc. Which works both ways in preventing abuse too.

As to the topic at hand: it would be nice if markers were available or other functions which groups and squads bring with them. Maybe everyone can have access to such functions without explicitly requiring a group leader. No to the past group leader functionality and control. It is not needed for the majority of content in this game.

@"Cyninja.2954" : I was actually talkling about the button above the mini map (exit/door icon) where you can go back to the lobby.

Not too rarely I had the situation at Sunqua Fractal boss where people ragequit. From 5 people 2 left and from the remaining 2 someone hit that button and the 2 (out of remaining 3 players) voted to go back to lobby. While I would have preferred to put the group back in lfg. (They just could have left the party to get back to the other parts of the game.) There wasn't even enough time to talk to them. (Maybe they even would have understood if I explained. But no time.)

I do not understand why the system did not wait for my vote. It somehow decides to use majority vote there while technically I was not "ready" to leave and and would have preferred if they left the party instead.

If they decided to kick ... this would have been a different thing. (But why would they kick when they are going to leave anyways. They just didn't know they could leave by leaving the party I guess. Though they would have to go to lobby and use the portal to LA there. :D)

@Luthan.5236 said:@Cyninja.2954 : I was actually talkling about the button above the mini map (exit/door icon) where you can go back to the lobby.

Ah I misunderstood. My bad. True, forcing someone to give up on their progress is harsh with a simple majority vote. Not sure it happens that often though, might be when things go sour. Even then it is unfortunate.

@Luthan.5236 said:Not too rarely I had the situation at Sunqua Fractal boss where people ragequit. From 5 people 2 left and from the remaining 2 someone hit that button and the 2 (out of remaining 3 players) voted to go back to lobby. While I would have preferred to put the group back in lfg. (They just could have left the party to get back to the other parts of the game.) There wasn't even enough time to talk to them. (Maybe they even would have understood if I explained. But no time.)

I do not understand why the system did not wait for my vote. It somehow decides to use majority vote there while technically I was not "ready" to leave and and would have preferred if they left the party instead.

If they decided to kick ... this would have been a different thing. (But why would they kick when they are going to leave anyways. They just didn't know they could leave by leaving the party I guess. Though they would have to go to lobby and use the portal to LA there. :D)

Yeah this falls under very unfortunate diverging opinions on how to proceed in a fluctuating group.

The reason the vote went through is that the game only waits for the majority to be reached at the time of vote (aka 3 out of 5, 3 out of 4, 2 out of 3). Once a majority is reached, the vote goes through or cancels given the remaining votes would not swing the result.

I'd still assume it is a rare occurrence, but absolutely to the detriment of the affected party. Sorry this happened to you.

Yeah. I guess I should make another thread about this. Needing an unanimous vote in this case ... would be better. (Similar to a "ready check" someone might not be "ready" to leave when the fractal is not even finished yet.) The only downside for other players would be (wich means less of a time loss usually): They would have to leave the party manually and then form a new party. (Should they want to still continue ... but with other fractals.)

I guess in most cases they probably want to just ragequit and stop playing fractals at all ... for that day. (And when no ragers it should be possible to get everyone to vote to leave) Best option would be (but that would need a lot more coding I guess) ... if the party could just be "split". (1 stays, remaining ones go back to lobby and stay grouped as a 2nd party.)

As long as I can hop in in an existing party that is at some last boss (to basically get the fractal done for "free" without having to spend much time) I can endure the current system tough. (Sometimes winning a bit time. Sometimes losing time.) Still flawed. Major overhaul at some point in the future would be nice. Now focus in the next expansion is most important. (Maybe once they finished with all story content and the game goes into "maintenance" mode some final overhauls in the far future.)

Two more equipment templates, for a total of eight maximum.

This will make legendary armory even more appealing.

If that’s not feasible, perhaps something like the build template storage: an equipment template storage.

• Like 3

QoL Request:

Increase the size of Squads to 100 or more. Not just for WvW but for community events too. I'm part of a major RP guild in NA and our events frequently exceed 50 people, which necessitates having to use /say for event-related messages instead of /squad, which can make them difficult to see/filter among the scroll.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

112442 mystic coins ordered by one person? The banking guilds have driven mystic coins up so high now that anyone who need 250 of them have to spend 750 gold? This is just getting to be stupid. These people are selling gold as well if they need to do this and have that much gold to drive the prices up like this. LIMIT how many things can be ordered at a  time per account please. Like certain legendary items should be limited so that this cant happen. They were 1.5 gold, now almost 3 gold each. No one should be allowed to order 100000 of an item, not any item, not ever. Make limits on things, trees and logs higher, but coins and amagal gemstone should be set to where someone cant order more then like 750

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, RobMonty.3719 said:

112442 mystic coins ordered by one person? The banking guilds have driven mystic coins up so high now that anyone who need 250 of them have to spend 750 gold? This is just getting to be stupid. These people are selling gold as well if they need to do this and have that much gold to drive the prices up like this. LIMIT how many things can be ordered at a  time per account please. Like certain legendary items should be limited so that this cant happen. They were 1.5 gold, now almost 3 gold each. No one should be allowed to order 100000 of an item, not any item, not ever. Make limits on things, trees and logs higher, but coins and amagal gemstone should be set to where someone cant order more then like 750

It's largely the Guild MM Trade Co [TP]

This is an organization of TP whales who have been running the economy for years ^^

They specifically work mostly with gen 1 legendaries, which largely revolve around the use of Mystic Coins to make Clovers. With the new legend armory about to arrive, I wouldn't expect MCs to go down in price any time soon but rather they will keep rising due to orchestrated TP schemes.

Also expect the sheer value of gen 1 legendaries to skyrocket due to this as well.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Can we get an update on this item? It is extremely painful to remove upgrades from greens and rares with this. I bought it a while ago thinking it would work like the Copper/Silver-Fed Salvage-o-Matic items, but no, it doesn't work like that. You have to drag and drop 1 by 1 on the window to remove the runes/sigils. It could have an option to remove upgrades from all Masterwork / Rares, as long as you have enough bag space to get them. With the upcoming Legendary Armory coming, it would be nice to be able to get your runes and sigils back from items to salvage them for symbols and charms.. 

• Like 5

Fix revenant key bug problem that has gone on for years and ever since i started playing like 4 years ago.

When you change maps, the elite skills tend to forget their positions and it happens randomly, sometimes not for a week, then all of a sudden it starts to happen all the time, then goes away, comes back, etc. (elite skills being if i think right) the skills on the right side. Not the weapon skills.

• Like 2

Haven’t been using the forums much so no idea if this has been suggested already, but I would really love a way to store “appearance templates.” These would remember which outfit you have selected, which mount skin you have chosen for each mount, which glider skin, the dyes applied to each of the above, as well as the settings to show/hide outfit, headpiece, shoulders, gloves, and back item. It would be REALLY awesome if these could also store separate haircuts (since some haircuts clip with some outfits, etc).

Ideally I would like to see it as functionality added to equipment templates (which would also make me much more likely to buy them) but I would be willing to pay for them separately (though I’m not sure how many others would). However, if it’s implemented separately, I would also like to be able to activate both with one key (i.e. be able to assign “load equipment template 1” and “load appearance template 1” to the same key combination AND have both activated by this key, instead of the game no longer responding to that key in the context where it may activate more than one function).

For example, I like to use the Crystal Arbiter outfit for my Norn Herald character, with backpiece transmuted into crystal wings. When I load the Renegade build I want to turn off the outfit and hide the backpiece. I can load the build and the equipment with F1 and Shift-F1, which is awesome, but then I have to open the character window and go to two separate places in it to turn off the outfit and the wings. Which is frustrating.

Then there is a question of saving mounts and dyes. I have an equipment template that’s basically a Halloween costume build. I also have a full set of Halloween mount skins. But in practice I never use them because before I do that I’d have to go through my current mounts and write down on a piece of paper which mount skins and dyes I have right now. Then after the festival is over I have to find that piece of paper (or its photo on my phone, since let’s be real, I’d never find the piece of paper) and go through my mounts and apply the dyes back onto them.

The thought of having to do this makes me just not want to bother, but then that kinda defeats the point of buying the mount skins (which you probably want people to do). I spend a lot of time picking the dyes for my mounts, in part because there are a ton of awesome looking dyes and mounts in this game and playing with the dyes can be fun in and of itself, but in part it’s also because the UI itself requires a lot of back-and-forth clicking between the swatches and the channels (instead of selecting the channel and then just hovering over the swatches to preview the color, then clicking the color to select it for that channel, which would probably be at least ten times faster than the way you have to do it right now). Therefore when I do get the dyes looking good on a mount (or an outfit, etc) I am reluctant to touch it again on that character, which is a shame because I’d rather load a fresh template and play with it some more. But there is no such thing. For wearable gear the dyes seem to get stored on the armor, but for mounts and outfits it’s one per character unless you feel like writing them down manually.

That’s probably my biggest personal QoL gripe in the game at the moment, but since I’m here I’d like to also bring up another issue related to key bindings. I use B, V, Shift-V, C, Shift-C instead of 1-5 for basic character abilities. X, Shift-X, Z, and Shift-Z are “F1-F4” (profession skills). 4-1 are utilities and the tilde is the elite skill. I know it probably seems weird but I’ve played with it a lot before I found what works and this is what works best for me. I use secondary key bindings (“1-0” – or, in my case, Y and whatever is to the right of it, plus < and >) to play instruments (which, by the way, are a really neat feature).

Now, the gripe is that my Mount Ability 1 and Mount Ability 2 are V and C. Which works for most mounts. But it doesn’t work in certain specific cases, like during a sequence right before Dragonfall when you’re flying on [spoilers] to bring down [spoilers]. V stops working as a key binding and you have to press it manually (or at least that was the case back when I did that chapter, which admittedly was a while ago). I’m assuming this is because I’m technically on a mount that has 1-5 abilities, so my V as “ability 2” conflicts with my V as “mount ability 1.” This also happens in the Moa races during Dragonbash. These aren’t really breaking issues, I can just use my mouse during those times. The problem is that if I ever get into WvW enough to fully unlock the warclaw mastery it’s probably going to become an issue again. Admittedly, I don’t play WvW that much, so it’s not exactly a pressing issue, but TL;DR: I’d like an option to map “1-5 while on a mount” explicitly and separately from “weapon 1-5.”

I realize this is an issue I might be alone in having, and trying to fix it could affect everyone in the game (at least temporarily), but... for what it’s worth, it’s kind of a QoL issue for me, which essentially keeps me from unlocking the Warclaw mastery for fear that my dodge with stop working (unless I completely reorganize and re-learn my key bindings just for that, which I really don’t feel like doing).

Lastly, it would be really awesome if the in-game instruments had a way to set the key you want to play in (e.g. C Ionian, A Aeolian, etc). Like they could have two extra “octaves” where one sets the key note and the other sets the scale you’re playing. This is an issue because if you’re not playing a piece that’s 100% in major scale (which most of them aren’t, because that would be boring), essentially what happens is that your “1” is in the middle of the octave and you have to constantly be switching back and forth to play the melody. I’m sure anyone who has used an instrument in GW2 is familiar with this issue. What would be even better is if, while you’re in the “settings octaves,” you could “save” the current setting to one of the “profession keys” (“F1-F4”), and then pressing those keys while in the actual octaves would recall the setting.

Of course, this still wouldn’t quite encompass all the potential possibilities of a real instrument, but it would still be a HUGE improvement for anyone trying to play anything more complicated than “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.”

I realize these changes might be too complex or risky to implement any time soon, but I thought I would at least bring them up since they’ve been the main pain points with the US that I have encountered in all the time playing (I started right before Path of Fire, so although I’m a fairly casual player I probably have a few hundred hours in the game by now).

In any case, thank you for reading! I didn’t realize it’s turning into a manuscript. I will endeavor to be more concise in the future.

P.S. Last thing, I would love to see numerical values for the sliders in the character creation and makeover UI. This is for if I want to create, say, a Revenant version of a Warrior character, and want to make sure they both look the same. Right now you just kinda have to eyeball it, which is even more frustrating than writing down the dyes on a piece of paper.

Edited by tmk.7213
Typo and an afterthought
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Can we get a "random from favorites" option for cosmetics?

One of the cool things I've noticed in other games with cosmetics (Apex in this case) is that some games allow players to mark favorites, then equip your favorites so that it cycles through them randomly. I think GW2 cosmetics (gliders, outfits and mount skins specifically) could benefit from such a system. You could select a series of your favorite cosmetics (with limited favorite slots if needed) that would cycle. Gliders and mounts each time they are summoned and outfits each time you waypoint or change maps. This would have a number of benefits as it's getting to the point that the amount of cool cosmetics players own greatly outweigh the amount of characters you can reasonably equip to say nothing of players who only make a single toon. By allowing a random selection of favorites, GW2 makes it easier to justify spending money on new, additional, cosmetics rather than forcing players to constantly justify replacing old ones or inventing new categories to sell cosmetics for. We already have randomized finishers for PVP, a monetized cosmetic. Why not add it to the rest of the game? Thanks for coming to my TED talk. 

• Like 2

Just going to throw these condition suggestions here, not sure if it counts as a QOL upgrade but here goes.

First change I want to propose is Torment.
I posted this in another thread already but I want to share it here as well.
The upcoming Torment changes have kind of a mixed reaction.. PvE players seem to like this change since it's an overall DPS increase in the PvE game but the competitive players dislike the change because it's now less effective as a condition in PvP/WvW.

I want to suggest an alternative change to this condition that removes the additional damage requirement based on whether the target is moving or not.
Instead I think the theme of this condition works a lot better if the additional damage of this condition is based on whether the target is suffering from a hard or soft CC effect instead.
Cripple, Chill, Slow, Blind, Weakness, Immobilize, Fear, Taunt, Stun, Daze, Knockdown, Launch, Pull, Sink and Float.
When an enemy is afflicted with any of those control effects, they should take additional damage ticks from Torment. 
Naturally this does favour soft CC over hard CC since they have longer durations but that's kind of the point anyway, it adds another level of danger to letting them go ignored.

As far as boss creatures go in PvE, I think they should naturally resist the additional damage of Torment when they have greyed out CC effects on them, not resist entirely but enough so that the extra damage is miniscule at best.
Then when their defiance bars are broken they take the full blast of stacked Torment on them during their stun phase and increased additional torment damage (say 30-50%) while their bars are in the recovery period so long as they have a greyed out CC effect on them.

The other change I was thinking of is Confusion.
I was thinking that maybe the original functionality of Torment (extra damage on moving) might be worth giving to Confusion with maybe a slight tradeoff to base damage.
Likewise the original secondary effect of confusion (taking extra damage on skill use) becomes more chance based with the added effect of an interrupt.

So Confusion now works like this.
Base ticking confusion damage is slightly lower.
Targets afflicted with confusion condition take more damage when they are moving around.
Targets afflicted with confusion now have a 50% chance to hurt themselves when they use a skill.
When a Target suffering from Confusion hurts themselves upon using a skill there is a 5-10% chance the skill will be interrupted instead of cast (Mesmer's should get a grandmaster trait that slightly increases the chance of this interrupt effect occurring,  Chaotic Interrupt in the Chaos specialization would probably fit best)

And that's about it for my own thoughts on how these two conditions could work differently.
Thanks for reading regardless of whether you agree or disagree with the ideas.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Hello!

As a big fan of condi builds I would love a simple toggle switch setting that allows me to swap which type of damage is larger for the floating combat text

One option to make condi damage the larger of the two and the current default option of power damage being the larger would be really nice so I can see my big juicy numbers

• Like 3

Hi there! 

Home Instance - Having extra nodes when contents gets released is a very joyful moment that I enjoy a lot, but lately, the amount of nodes has grown significantly and gathering them on a daily basis starts to get quite time consuming and it is not really fun. 

Would be an option to have some sort of upgrade that could relieve the pain of doing this daily repetitive task that could be spent elswhere more fun?

• Like 2