No sound effects during cutscenes

Me and my friends (+ guild) are experiencing a really weird thing if it comes to cutscenes. We always hear the music and voices from NPCs really loud, but not a single soundeffect. This happens in almost every single one... The final cutscene of Path of Fire is even more weird without.

You see Aurene looking into the camera, silently opens her mouth and that's it.I tried it on 3 different computers with standard audio settings (event tried to adjust them). Always the same problem. It really ruins the game a lot...

Best example for that (at 8:56 s):Where do you hear the dragon crush into the wood? Where do you hear it groaning in pain? If it would be in space, this all would make sense but.. It really ruins the good looking scene itself!

Is there any way to fix this? Thanks to some video websites and some friendly uploaders, i was able to see the cutscenes with music AND sound (except in my language) and it was very cool!

The master volume slider is bugged and applied twice to videos played in the game. Voices aren't affected since they're played separately. To work around this, you need to max the volume, then use Windows to turn it down.

Alternatively, you could have your playback device improperly configured. For example, 5.1 surround sound on stereo headphones.

• Thanks 1

• 3 years later...

Since this is googles first result when searching for this Problem, i guess its OK to put my findings here:My PC has multiple sound devices (Headset, screen and sorround system). Whatever i set in windows or the game is used for game sounds, but cutscene audio gets routed to a different device for some reason.When my default is the surround system or the display, the cutscene audio gets routed to my headset, when my headset is the default the cutscene sound gets routed to the surround system.The only way for me to get all GW2 sound to be routed to one device is disabling the other outputs in the Windows device manager.