Where is Baruch Bay — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Lore

Where is Baruch Bay

vier.1327vier.1327 Member ✭✭✭

Hi there Lorewalkers.

My question:

Where is Baruch Bay in Tyria? And what or who is Baruch?

Comments

• Pixlboy.5296Pixlboy.5296 Member ✭✭✭

It probably refers to Stefan Baruch a fighter henchman from GW Prophecies. I seems that after GW Beyond he became such legendary hero that they've named a bay after him :p

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Stefan

♫♪ Who lives in a pineapple under the sea ♪♫
    ♪♫ "Selbbub Squarepants" ♫♪

• Rognik.2579Rognik.2579 Member ✭✭✭

Doing a little bit of research on the wiki, it leads me to Stefan Baruch, who was one of the henchmen from Prophecies, the warrior one to be specific. I don't remember him having a last name back then, but he does now. Baruch Bay doesn't seem to have an actual location on Tyria, or if it does, we haven't been there yet. It might be the bay in Lion's Arch. It could be along the southern coast of Ascalon leading towards the Crystal Desert. But I don't think it has an actual location, yet.

• A lot of wvw places and servers are named after figures or Anet staff and holds no actual bearing on known Tyrian lore.

This is one. Named after a gw1 npc but no actual lore to the location.

All these squares make a circle.

• Fenom.9457Fenom.9457 Member ✭✭✭✭

My question is if it's not in the game where did you hear it!

I'd rather keep going.. wherever the wind takes us

@Fenom.9457 said:

It's one of the server names. Most of them are named after major Tyrian locations, generally found in GW1, but some like this just sound cool..

@Rognik.2579 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:

It's one of the server names. Most of them are named after major Tyrian locations, generally found in GW1, but some like this just sound cool..

In that case, probs in kryta

• Baruch was, as noted, an Ascalonian surname. That would imply somewhere in Ascalon... Except we see all the larger rivers and lakes and the nation is landlocked...

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:
    Baruch was, as noted, an Ascalonian surname. That would imply somewhere in Ascalon... Except we see all the larger rivers and lakes and the nation is landlocked...

Could be the ascalonians that made it to kryta, and therefore in kryta

It's certainly possible that Baruch Bay is in Krytan lands, as Stefan was "with the party" until the Tomb of Primeval Kings. But we've seen most of the Krytan lands and no bays named after GW1 heroes that I recall.

• @Fenom.9457 said:

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:
    Baruch was, as noted, an Ascalonian surname. That would imply somewhere in Ascalon... Except we see all the larger rivers and lakes and the nation is landlocked...

Could be the ascalonians that made it to kryta, and therefore in kryta

True. It could be part of Lake Regent or the northern delta - still technically part of Kryta I think. But otherwise no, since we see almost all of Kryta, and just about all of Ascalon's water ways, it seems apparent the place isn't in Tyria.