Sous Chef Mastery Point (SPOILER)

Rikimaru.7890

So last stress test I did a mastery point that requires you to take on the role of a Sous Chef and throw ingredients at the Head Chef he tells you to bring while he runs around the kitchen.It was quite amusing to do but the thing is I find it to be a huge waste of time from the developers. I don't mean it's bad or anything, it's just that since it's a mastery point you can only do it once and only once, as unlike Hero Point's, Mastery Point's are per account not per character.So I find it a waste to create a mini-game that that we can only play once.Maybe it will be possible to redo it like some Hero Point's for additional rewards, but I doubt it and it would never be as popular as HP trains in HoT.So is this a mistake from ANET and it was suppose to be a Hero Point?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Nightshade.5924 said:If this is a mini game, it is insane. There is no tracker to indicate progress, I've got up to either 10 or 11 ingredients, and NOT completed the game. I've spent over 1/2 hour on this, and quite frankly, it's extremely aggravating. Just how many ingredients DO you have to throw?

There is actually a timer counting down at your conditions. So it is not the number of ingredients but you have to keep up with him for a certain amount of time.

@Caladrian.1896 said:

@Nightshade.5924 said:If this is a mini game, it is insane. There is no tracker to indicate progress, I've got up to either 10 or 11 ingredients, and NOT completed the game. I've spent over 1/2 hour on this, and quite frankly, it's extremely aggravating. Just how many ingredients DO you have to throw?

There is actually a timer counting down at your conditions. So it is not the number of ingredients but you have to keep up with him for a certain amount of time.

well, what it is, is first you DO have to get a minimum amount of ingredients... and THEN you have to fill the bar above your head to green. And I just spent ANOTHER 1/2 HOUR banging my head against it. I may come back and try it in a couple of days, but my problem is once I fall behind, I never can catch up.

@Rikimaru.7890 said:So last stress test I did a mastery point that requires you to take on the role of a Sous Chef and throw ingredients at the Head Chef he tells you to bring while he runs around the kitchen.It was quite amusing to do but the thing is I find it to be a huge waste of time from the developers. I don't mean it's bad or anything, it's just that since it's a mastery point you can only do it once and only once, as unlike Hero Point's, Mastery Point's are per account not per character.So I find it a waste to create a mini-game that that we can only play once.Maybe it will be possible to redo it like some Hero Point's for additional rewards, but I doubt it and it would never be as popular as HP trains in HoT.So is this a mistake from ANET and it was suppose to be a Hero Point?

It would be fun as a mini game, with some kind of rewards, maybe change that version a little, so we can have a bronze, silver, gold adventure, depending on how long you survive.

I found it to be a waste of time and after 15 tries I 'm just not going to do it., Unless ANet wants to send me 100k for the fasted,best computer, super internet connection, and best keyboard ect ect. They NEED to make it doable for ALL paying customers with out super computer and the fastest best internet connections in the world. The chef is blocked by items in the area. the game lag was extreme, and sorry but its not enjoyable at all when the game purposely tries to F#$% you and then they want your money in exchange. FIX the content, upgrade your servers so the lag is not so bad, Or send all your paying customers the super computers and hook up the 500 a month internet connections for them to play your game that you designed that cant handle the load and they payed for.

@Darjamtar.4712 said:I found it to be a waste of time and after 15 tries I 'm just not going to do it., Unless ANet wants to send me 100k for the fasted,best computer, super internet connection, and best keyboard ect ect. They NEED to make it doable for ALL paying customers with out super computer and the fastest best internet connections in the world. The chef is blocked by items in the area. the game lag was extreme, and sorry but its not enjoyable at all when the game purposely tries to F#$% you and then they want your money in exchange. FIX the content, upgrade your servers so the lag is not so bad, Or send all your paying customers the super computers and hook up the 500 a month internet connections for them to play your game that you designed that cant handle the load and they payed for.

this is sort of extreme, but it hits how I feel. I've spent over an hour, closer to two, trying to do this so-called challenge. the biggest issue I have, once I HAD IT EXPLAINED TO ME, is the countdown/mish complete bar that the player has above his head. I must have played for over 30 mins w/o realizing that I had TO FULLY REFILL THAT BAR TO WIN. Because GW has never, in my memory, used such a device. In GW, you ALWAYS FILL THE BAR FROM ZERO. And you NEVER EVER lose progress once you've gained it. Right now I plan on just walking away from this point, maybe come back in a couple of days and try a few more times. Maybe not. While the chef's movement pattern is fixed, he only stays put long enough to at most hit him w/ two ingredients, trying to hit him in transit is next to impossible, and he ALWAYS seems to require an ingredient that is CLEAR across the kitchen from his current position as part of your minimum five ingredients. That's what keeps killing me... I end up yellow and can never get out of it once there.

I agree, this was quite challenging and it's a shame it's not repeatable.

For those struggling, there should be enough time to wait and throw the ingredient after he has just moved to a new position. If you're close to him when you pick up the ingredient you can risk not waiting. I found with this approach, the main reason for failing was when I forgot/couldn't find where an ingredient was, which should improve after a few attempts.

@Nightshade.5924 said:

@Darjamtar.4712 said:I found it to be a waste of time and after 15 tries I 'm just not going to do it., Unless ANet wants to send me 100k for the fasted,best computer, super internet connection, and best keyboard ect ect. They NEED to make it doable for ALL paying customers with out super computer and the fastest best internet connections in the world. The chef is blocked by items in the area. the game lag was extreme, and sorry but its not enjoyable at all when the game purposely tries to F#$% you and then they want your money in exchange. FIX the content, upgrade your servers so the lag is not so bad, Or send all your paying customers the super computers and hook up the 500 a month internet connections for them to play your game that you designed that cant handle the load and they payed for.

this is sort of extreme, but it hits how I feel. I've spent over an hour, closer to two, trying to do this so-called challenge. the biggest issue I have, once I HAD IT EXPLAINED TO ME, is the countdown/mish complete bar that the player has above his head. I must have played for over 30 mins w/o realizing that I had TO FULLY REFILL THAT BAR TO WIN. Because GW has never, in my memory, used such a device. In GW, you ALWAYS FILL THE BAR FROM ZERO. And you NEVER EVER lose progress once you've gained it. Right now I plan on just walking away from this point, maybe come back in a couple of days and try a few more times. Maybe not. While the chef's movement pattern is fixed, he only stays put long enough to at most hit him w/ two ingredients, trying to hit him in transit is next to impossible, and he ALWAYS seems to require an ingredient that is CLEAR across the kitchen from his current position as part of your minimum five ingredients. That's what keeps killing me... I end up yellow and can never get out of it once there.

I know, I was just being sarcastic. I do think they need to slow the chef down and improve the mechanics on this though. Nothing worse then having lag and throwing the food, only to find the chef is now moved to the other side of the kitchen and is blocked from being targeted due to all the tables and items . Its too clustered and spread out, the chef moves much faster then my toon can, and with the lag its not doable for me. My new quad core computer and internet connect are working perfect and dont lag out at all in the other two games I play, that have many more players and work fine with my set up. My computer is less then one year old and i have an above average speed connection. I know its not on my end.

@Nightshade.5924 said:

If this is to be a mini-game, then make it a mini game, make it a daily even. I too found this to be an extremely frustrating mastery point, especially given all the other "tag and go" type mastery points. Tried over 3 different times (ie gw2 builds), even with the help of guildies that succeeded, and have given up on this mastery point.

@Roxanne.6140 said:3 times is rather low, I tried around 5 plus times over 2 days before getting this. But it was fun. Just a little rng since you gain alot if he asks for ingredients that are beside each other. Even so, it's still better than those mastery points gated behind getting a Griffon to reach.

So what if they're gated? Get your skimmer up, get your Griffon, "boom", you can go there. Easy. Vice spending WAY too MUCH time trying and Trying And TRYING and not coming close. The whole challenge should have been set up as follows... you start w/ no progress. Your "timer", if even included, starts when you hit the chef w/ your first ingredient. If a "timer" is included, and it does subtract progress, it should be MUCH slower or MUCH less progress lost over time. Raise the necessary progress to eight to ten ingredients worth of hits, boom much better game, no insanity, no people like me who DO NOT HAVE THE POINT AND CANNOT GET IT. I think the most time I've spent on ANY other mastery point in the new zones is about five minutes. One hour. Five minutes. Hhhhhhmmmmmm. Not good. Not good at all.

@Darjamtar.4712 said:I found it to be a waste of time and after 15 tries I 'm just not going to do it., Unless ANet wants to send me 100k for the fasted,best computer, super internet connection, and best keyboard ect ect.

Please. Your connection has nothing to do with this, neither does your computer or your keyboard. You need quick thinking and good movement. I am not the youngest anymore, my computer - while still very good - has mostly hardware from 2009/2010, and I do not own an expensive keyboard for gamers, either. Still, I was able to get it done in four attempts.

You just need to use the speed boost skill, memorize where the ingredience are, then wait until the chef stands still in order to throw them at him. Not particularly difficult. If you want to know what's difficult, look at some of the boss fights in PoF - now, those can be labeled difficult, but not the chef MP.