Ok. So I am running the Mac launcher to play PoF. Last night my guild captured the new guild hall (yay), however in doing so there have been several crashes that normally would not happen. All noting a TOLERANCE error code each time (This last one this morning had 3 lines referenced) upon crash, which is also different. Any "crash" I had prior to PoF was in WvW after several hours and the application itself just shut off, however now it is affecting my gameplay since the guild hall capture.

Jon, are you able to provide any insight into this? My graphics are lowest possible since I run on a MacBook Pro (early 2011 model).

• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@EchoPadder.7546 said:I may have some information about the stuttery map pan issue. I discovered that I can reproduce this issue by setting "Reports per second" in my Logitech Mouse drive to 500. Lower values (250, 125) fixes the problem for me. https://imgur.com/a/Up0Bg

I'll try and reproduce this with my G600, currently using a standard intellimouse with no enhanced polling.

EDIT: As per my post below, restarting fixed whatever was going on. It looks like there's a bug in High Sierra that sometimes causes OpenGL performance issues. The original symptoms were (on 15" 2016 MacBook Pro (16 GB RAM) with Radeon Pro 460 (4GB RAM) and settings on low at Full Screen 1680 x 1050) that after installing High Sierra GW2 frame rate was half what it was before and the entire OS was lagging badly while GW2 was running. I'll keep an eye out and see if I can replicate the circumstances that cause it to start happening, but it looks like a High Sierra bug and not a GW2 issue, and restarting fixes it. Hopefully it's not something that's going to happen regularly, but I guess time will tell.

Hey, Happy to report no keyboard issues. I'm also not overly expectant of the fps I should receive given that my macbook is nearing 5 years in age; A average of 30 feels like a reasonable expectation which most of the time my game runs at during less graphically heavy scenes. Minor graphical issues once things load but nothing so terrible as too make the game unplayable, minor to no game bugs. I play with most of the graphic settings set to low except the ones I know have minimal effect on performance which are at medium.

The major issue I have is with loading times! Its like the game needs to reload downloaded maps, load them, then once the loading screen clears reload them again to render it. Really really weird. I'm empathetic that you have a lot of work ahead of you; thank you for taking the time for your mac users, it is very much appreciated. The fact that you at least attempt make it available on Mac and Linux is directly tied to why I bought the expansions.

Loading time is the worst problem facing mac users at actually playing the game from a design standpoint right now. Its hard to play when the environment, the trading posts and npcs don't load; as well as being kicked from groups because your sitting there for 5 times longer than a Windows pc with the relatively same specs takes to load. It causes people to miss goal deadlines in a reasonable time like PoF story completion at the same rate as their friends, lower exp or currency gain rates, and strait up lose opportunity to complete things if kicked from an instance. I also can't imagine it not effecting the general fps of the game when your perpetually loading things into the area.

I wont ask for an ETA because it would be unreasonable, but could you please let Mac users know if the loading issues are a priority for the Mac client team? Or are you working on bugs and keyboard issues first? A road map of what your working on would probably reassure a lot of people.

Thanks!

P.s. to all the 'here's a fix buy a new windows pc people'. Yes I am getting a new computer when I can, still doesn't take away the value that I'd get out of still being able to play on my laptop when I'm out though. Plus alot of people buy computers for work and use them for work 90% of the time, its not unreasonable for them to also want to lightly game on them with low settings in 2017, not everyone wants a pure gaming machine. Which is why thankfully arena net is supporting those systems, if they don't someone else will.

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012)2.6 GHz Intel Core i78GB 1600 MHz DDR3NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MBIntel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB750 GB SATA Disk15.4 inch 1440 x 900 display

Fiber optic internet via cable150MBs download and upload.

My character model won't load in the hero menu panel or the preview window in both PoF and non-PoF maps, which is making it impossible to fuss with skins. I've been getting excessively long load times in general since the PoF patch.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)2.9 GHz Intel Core i78 GB 1600 MHz DDR3Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB13.3 inch 1280x800 displaySierra OS

Another update on my High Sierra performance problems: same thing happened again, terrible performance after leaving MacBook Pro closed for a while and coming back to it. A restart fixes it. Must be a bug in High Sierra. Groan!

Edit: I've created a radar bug report with Apple about this issue. Will see if I get a response.

So far I have played the Bootcamp version, the Mac 32 bit, and the new Mac 64.

1. The bootcamp version works like a dream, lets me push all my settings to max and play the game like it's meant to be played, however, its really annoying to switch operating systems everytime I wanna hop in the game.

2. The 32-bit mac version has always been a toss-up. Sometimes it works, other times it crashes, most notably in world events or WVW. Any time where there is a large number of players present the game just crashes no matter how low I set the settings. It also takes extremely long to load into different zones. Which is frustrating because on the bootcamp version on the very same system zones load super fast.Recently I keep getting a coherent host crash/error message upon launching the game. Sometimes I need to attempt to launch the game 5+ times before it will work. And then once I'm in well...I will for sure randomly crash at least every 20 min. I don't have any issues with lag or low FPS on this version, just crashing constantly.

3. I was hoping the 64 bit version would be the answer but nope! :( it takes forever to load the game, even the character selection I get a black screen for a while, loading screen for zones take forever and then once in game it takes a while for all the ui elements to even load. Moving around is impossible as I lag and stutter all over the place. Just simply turning my camera can drop my fps down to 1-3 fps which is unplayable.

I want to get the Path of Fire expansion but I have no intention of doing so until I can reliably play the game.

These are my specs.

MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 (16G29)iMac (27-inch, Late 2012)Processor: 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7Memory: 24 GB 1600 MHz DDR3Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MXType: GPUBus: PCIePCIe Lane Width: x16VRAM (Total): 2048 MBVendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)ROM Revision: 3707Metal: Supported

Anyone have the same crazy issues with lag on new 64 bit version and have suggestions?

I really hope this Newer mac version works for us all eventually and thank you to the devs for working on this!

@Zero.5307 said:

The major issue I have is with loading times! Its like the game needs to reload downloaded maps, load them, then once the loading screen clears reload them again to render it. Really really weird.

I don't know how many time I have wrote that in this forum, and yet the bug is still there, build after build. I copied the game on a micro SD because I don't want to stress too much my HD. Last night I played 2 hours and the game loaded 170GB of data , how can a game works like that and perform well??? Reading from disk will always slow down your game, no matter how fast is your HD.

Loading time is the worst problem facing mac users at actually playing the game from a design standpoint right now. Its hard to play when the environment, the trading posts and npcs don't load; as well as being kicked from groups because your sitting there for 5 times longer than a Windows pc with the relatively same specs takes to load. It causes people to miss goal deadlines in a reasonable time like PoF story completion at the same rate as their friends, lower exp or currency gain rates, and strait up lose opportunity to complete things if kicked from an instance. I also can't imagine it not effecting the general fps of the game when your perpetually loading things into the area.

Maybe if we keep repeating that, they fix this NUMBER ONE bug. Maybe.

I wont ask for an ETA because it would be unreasonable, but could you please let Mac users know if the loading issues are a priority for the Mac client team? Or are you working on bugs and keyboard issues first? A road map of what your working on would probably reassure a lot of people.

I can give them my ETA of my money for the new expansion. Right now is NEVER.

I have the same computer, @Thistle.1659 though only 8gb of RAM. Unfortunately I have the same issues. Horrible laggy game. I did buy PoF and strolling around Amnoon is like struggling through a vat of treacle. Out in the world away from other players, it is tolerable

In the last few days, I have gone back to the 32 bit version and it is so relaxing. Even the thought that I could crash at any moment is preferable to fighting against the lag.

Hi. I also tried the 64-Bit-Version and hoped it will work but I have lags playing the game.With Bootcamp and the Windows-Direct X-Version I have no issues and it runs very well on my Mac. But my GW2-64-Bit-macOS-Client runs bad. I got 38 FPS - so far so good - but the Screens freeze sometimes and I got ever 10 seconds a lag or something. Maybe my CPU ist too old but it should have enough power to run run GW2?

My system:Mac Pro (2010) with an Xeon (6 Cores) 3.33 Ghz,24 GB RamNvidia 980 TI 6 GB

Thanks Anet for the development of a native 64-Bit-Client but today it feels like GW2 runs with a pulled handbrake.I am looking forward to run this beautiful Game on macOS X with a good performance ;)

@sunrun.4521 said:Another update on my High Sierra performance problems: same thing happened again, terrible performance after leaving MacBook Pro closed for a while and coming back to it. A restart fixes it. Must be a bug in High Sierra. Groan!

Edit: I've created a radar bug report with Apple about this issue. Will see if I get a response.

can you post the link to your Apple bug ticket?

@PiXY.6841 said:can you post the link to your Apple bug ticket?

Unfortunately their system doesn't allow the tickets to be viewed by the public - only the original submitter and Apple can see the content of it. But if you're planning on submitting your own report and want to reference mine, the radar number of mine is 34677832. I'll be interested to see if my radar gets marked as a duplicate of an existing report as well.

For these types of bugs, submitting a report involves running a couple of utilities while the issue is happening to provide diagnostic system information ("sysdiagnose") and the files that generates can be a few hundred MB, so it can take some time to upload it.

@sunrun.4521 said:Another update on my High Sierra performance problems: same thing happened again, terrible performance after leaving MacBook Pro closed for a while and coming back to it. A restart fixes it. Must be a bug in High Sierra. Groan!

It's not High Sierra in general. I've been using the 64-bit Mac client in betas of High Sierra since betas started, without major issues. In fact, with the latest updates (MacOS and GW2) I'm getting higher frame rates than ever. Though I have to say that the PoF mounts are really really hard to steer smoothly and seem as if they're jumping from one direction to another -- as if an input problem.

@Figlilly.3907 said:I have the same computer, @Thistle.1659 though only 8gb of RAM. Unfortunately I have the same issues. Horrible laggy game. I did buy PoF and strolling around Amnoon is like struggling through a vat of treacle. Out in the world away from other players, it is tolerable

In the last few days, I have gone back to the 32 bit version and it is so relaxing. Even the thought that I could crash at any moment is preferable to fighting against the lag.

Ugh so I'm not alone. Yeah I have been going back to 32 bit version as well. its at least playable between the crashes. I have noticed since the PoF update my crashes have gotten more frequent. My guildmates don't even ask what happened to me anymore when I disappear in the middle of something then pop several mins later.

@DocBerto.5790 I too feel like loading data is a huge problem. I used to be the first in a zone compared to my party members when I played on bootcamp, but in 32 and even worse in 64bit they are always like "omg where have you been, did you have to load the entire map??" because thats what it feals like.

Hi all,

Well I just tested the client on my hacintosh with nvidia web drivers installed. My Setup:3.99 Ghz Inter Core i724GB 1867 Mhz DDR3NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB

When i put everything to High/Ultra, the FPS is the worst, around 5-12 FPS. If i turn down to FXAA its around 25 but with bursts down again to around 7.Even when i put everything on low. My fps is at 45 and drops from time to time.

EDIT: Ok, i forgot that my main screen has 4K... I just tested on a 1080p screen. It is slightly better. Still, compared to Bootcamp / Native Windows it stucks and framelags badly :( I just checked my GPU Usage, during the game is launched it is around 30%.. so my card has a lot of power left, which somehow is not used, any idea why this could be?

Does the Client use OpenGL Drivers only?

Cheers

@Druitt.7629 said:It's not High Sierra in general.

Sorry, I should have been clearer: I mean there's an issue in High Sierra (that wasn't in Sierra) that degrades performance with all OpenGL apps and lags the entire OS while OpenGL is being used after it's been asleep at least once. Restarting restores performance back to what it should be, until it goes to sleep again, after which it'll cause the problem again. It may not be impacting all hardware configurations so you may not be experiencing it, but I've now seen other people mention it with other games as well.