Crystalline Memories Disconnects [merged]

seabhac.5346

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just happened to me, NA, multiplayer, Crystalline Memories - right before the portal spawned.

Edit : The whole Prophet's Fall entrance seems to be glitchy for me. Major lag being anywhere near the gate, and the instance marker is way off from where the actual instance prompt shows up.

Hi Travis, glad to know you are looking into this issue it is devastating to us. More information for you:The Disconnects only happen near the end of a story instance during dialogue. Two examples: Crystalline Memories and The Departed.Crystalline Memories: After defeating crystal boss, listen to glint talk, then freezes and game kicks me out. Tried 4 times the problem reproduces exactly each time.The Departed: After fighting balthazar, explore the underworld, reclaim name, refind purpose, defeat Soul Eater, listen to Joko's offer, game kicks me out.Solo, NA, Human Male, Elementalist Weaver

I am losing more than 3 hours of progress it is extremely frustrating. There is no checkpoint especially for the departed. I had to go through all the story and TWO boss fights, only to be kicked right after a dialogue. The game always loses connection after a dialogue. Interesting note: During The departed, I first got DCed after Joko's Offer. Second time, I got DCed even earlier after Balthazar's dialogue but before Aurene's arrival to help me. So it seems dialogues or cut scenes are in segments, and each time they have a chance to trigger (and very rarely doesn't).

That is all I can think of to help you. Please help us it is really urgent in my story progression thank you!

Pouet, having the exact same issue on the exact same story! Thanks for writing it out more fully! I've tried this story more than several times now and it is indeed frustrating. I opened a ticket for this last night and haven't heard back yet- though I do realize with launch there are probably a lot right now. I'm sure it's a hard situation for everyone, and I hope if it's not resolved we can somehow still get credit for finishing it. Not to be whiny at all though- it's so frustrating because I'm really enjoying the game and want to progress further!

Have the issue for many days as well, now in The Departing (after defeating the soul eater and talking to the king, it disconnects me) and there is no way for me to continue it.

EU server, both when I solo or let a friend host (he stays in the instance and I disconnect at that given point), Norn Guardian

Just tried to do this (again, 5th time or so?) with a friend (who is a NA region Human Necro). They were able to continue fine, but I got kicked again, and cannot rejoin them in the instance. So basically there is no way to progress the story without some dev intervention at this point.

@"Travis Battig II.3764" said:Hi there,We’re having some trouble reproducing this internally. Any chance you could provide me with some additional information?NA or EU?Solo or Multiplayer?Character Race?

Hopefully this will help us narrow it down a bit.

NAWarriorSolo

I reran it with someone else leading and we finished. The next instance (tomb of the emporer?) crashed as well right when I talk to the spirits. Reran it next day and got through. No issues since.

Reporting in after yet another failed attempt. DC occurs right after Glint finishes speaking and just before what I think will be a cut scene.

So very frustrating! This is the 4th time in a row that it has DC'd. This time I tried it on my norn ranger, solo, US server HoD (same server as before).

So far this has cost me almost 3 hours of time, and no progress!

I, like everyone else in this thread, can't progress and finish the PoF story... and I am also sad that I can't start working on the griffon mount. It's really depressing to see all of these griffon mounts out in the world from so many lucky folks who've been able to finish the main story.

Watched a YouTube video on the final PoF episode just so that I could see the ending. >_>

I hope this is fixed very soon!

re. Disconnect for Crystalline Memories near end when listening to Joko

I've had 3 friends who had this happening.

They were able to successfully get past this by NOT stopping to listen to Joko. Just continue up the stairs, and exit through the gate ASAP. Worked for all 3 people.

2/3 were solo. 1/3 was in 2 person party. He disconnected, I did not.

Hope this helps.

Not sure if this ways because of Spilly's suggestion OR if this somehow got fixed, but going up the stairs as soon as I killed the eater of souls worked for me. It actually got passed the dialogue I typically am kicked at. Don't panic if the door isn't opened immediately when you get there. It will become clickable during Joko's dialogue. Click it as soon as it does and run for your life! (literally) Thanks!!

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:I wonder if the post that Mike O'Brien made would apply to your situation. Could you please give it a read and see if what Mo points out is relevant to your situations?

I'm sorry but people paid money to play this game and it's not even playable ... you shouldn't have to rely on other peoples bugs and disconnects to fix more problems.

OK, so I finally made it through Crystalline Memories this morning!! \o/

Here is what I did, and I hope it brings some progress relief to you all:1] Repaired my GW2 client (per instructions on the Support page: https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/201863008-Repairing-the-Game-Client)2] Renamed my GW2.dat file, launched the GW2 client and let it download a fresh copy of the GW2.dat file (per instructions on the Support page)3] Deleted the GW2 cache folder (per instructions on the Support page)4] Updated my graphics card drivers

I'll update this thread if I encounter any other DC issues in subsequent PoF episodes.

Good luck to you all!

@SpillyLily.4051 said:re. Disconnect for Crystalline Memories near end when listening to Joko

I've had 3 friends who had this happening. (2/3 were solo. 1/3 was in 2 person party. He disconnected, I did not.)

They were able to successfully get past this by NOT stopping to listen to Joko. Just continue up the stairs, and exit through the gate ASAP. Worked for all 3 people.

Hope this helps.

@Gimdin.3581 said:Not sure if this ways because of Spilly's suggestion OR if this somehow got fixed, but going up the stairs as soon as I killed the eater of souls worked for me. It actually got passed the dialogue I typically am kicked at. Don't panic if the door isn't opened immediately when you get there. It will become clickable during Joko's dialogue. Click it as soon as it does and run for your life! (literally) Thanks!!

@Sinder.9386... Did you try just heading for the gate/door? As Gimdin said, you won't be able to exit immediately, but click to exit as soon as you can.

@SpillyLily.4051 said:

@SpillyLily.4051 said:re. Disconnect for Crystalline Memories near end when listening to Joko

I've had 3 friends who had this happening. (2/3 were solo. 1/3 was in 2 person party. He disconnected, I did not.)

Hope this helps.

@Gimdin.3581 said:Not sure if this ways because of Spilly's suggestion OR if this somehow got fixed, but going up the stairs as soon as I killed the eater of souls worked for me. It actually got passed the dialogue I typically am kicked at. Don't panic if the door isn't opened immediately when you get there. It will become clickable during Joko's dialogue. Click it as soon as it does and run for your life! (literally) Thanks!!

@Sinder.9386... Did you try just heading for the gate/door? As Gimdin said, you won't be able to exit immediately, but click to exit as soon as you can.

Yes i have tried this as well to no avail. Nothing has worked for me so far

@Sinder.9386 said:

@SpillyLily.4051 said:

Hope this helps.

Yes i have tried this as well to no avail. Nothing has worked for me so far

I managed to leave the door, but I just end up getting a disconnection during the cutscene (that I can't skip).