How do I upgrade a friends account? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

How do I upgrade a friends account?

A friend just started the free to play version and he loves the game so I want upgrade his account for him from free to play to full game with PoF.... How do I gift him that?

Not to brag, but I put together a puzzle in 4 days and the box said 2-4 years.
Please allow team queue with rewards again at our own discretion.
Apologies if I come off as dry or blunt.

Comments

• JustTrogdor.7892JustTrogdor.7892 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 29, 2017

To gift buy it from the GW2 web store or other Anet authorized retailers and once you get the game key you can it to give to the recipient. Just don’t register it and don’t buy it through the in-game store as the in-game store automatically adds it to your account if you don’t have it already. Of course if you already have PoF on your account the in-game store won’t be an option anyway. Once you provide your friend with the key they can add it to their account to upgrade to PoF.

• sephiroth.4217sephiroth.4217 Member ✭✭✭✭

@JustTrogdor.7892 said:
    To gift buy it from the GW2 web store or other Anet authorized retailers and once you get the game key you can it to give to the recipient. Just don’t register it and don’t buy it through the in-game store as the in-game store automatically adds it to your account if you don’t have it already. Of course if you already have PoF on your account the in-game store won’t be an option anyway. Once you provide your friend with the key they can add it to their account to upgrade to PoF.

Ahh So I have to buy it then give him the keys? There's no option like Warframe where I can buy and gift it strait to him?

That kinda takes away the surprise element I was looking for lol but thanks for the response

Not to brag, but I put together a puzzle in 4 days and the box said 2-4 years.
    Please allow team queue with rewards again at our own discretion.
    Apologies if I come off as dry or blunt.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.