Living world season 1 replay current situation? Also a general look at the "living" world — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Living world season 1 replay current situation? Also a general look at the "living" world

I missed a few parts of the living world season 1 back in the day. And I know that at some point Anet was thinking of finding a way to make it replayable, I was wondering if anyone knows if they are still considereing this or if it has been scrapped altogether.
It would be nice to have the option to play the entirety of the story from start to finish, now you skip a large portion in between zhaitan and Morderemoth, especially if you're new.

The living world (i don't consider the story "living" anymore) was what interested me in the first place and now it's just gone, there are no big towers in zones that get destroyed of which you can still see the effects right now.
If you are already thinking of having an instanced version for replayability you can make it work without that part of the story being lost.
The whole thing around the living world that was so amazing to me, was the actual impact it had on the world you play in. It doesn't have this anymore, nothing changes based on the story, it just stays the same.

Just having an event outside an instanced zone with an actual impact, unlike the "current events" which are nice don't get me wrong, but they just don't have that strong impact that made the living world... well... "living", it's just some new events that seem to have always been there from the start.

Comments

• Illconceived Was Na.9781Illconceived Was Na.9781 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 29, 2017

@CharterforGw.3149 said:
    I was wondering if anyone knows if they are still considereing this or if it has been scrapped altogether.

Near as I can tell, they never considered this seriously. I'm sure they talked about it at meetings, but I can't imagine that it ever got past an elevator pitch conversation.

added: I've pasted my research on the topic below. The tl;dr is: they looked at it, but it never was seriously considered because it would divert resources from all the other stuff they are working on, with the end result being a repeated Living Story that isn't going to live up to the expectations we have for it, deserved or not.

"Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

• Pifil.5193Pifil.5193 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'd say Illconceived Was Na.9781 is correct (dear gods, that name is a hard fight with autocorrect =)) there are huge issues with converting the LS 1 content to the LS2/3 style.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.