@sunrun.4521 said:Sorry, I should have been clearer: I mean there's an issue in High Sierra (that wasn't in Sierra) that degrades performance with all OpenGL apps and lags the entire OS while OpenGL is being used after it's been asleep at least once. Restarting restores performance back to what it should be, until it goes to sleep again, after which it'll cause the problem again. It may not be impacting all hardware configurations so you may not be experiencing it, but I've now seen other people mention it with other games as well.

Ah, Thumbs Up for this. I don't think I've seen it and I only ever sleep my MacBook Pro -- never shut it down -- but maybe I've been suffering from it and simply not noticing it for what it is.

Does the "go to sleep" have to occur while OpenGL is in use -- e.g. you close the lid while a game's running -- or is any sleep after a reboot likely to cause it when OpenGL is then used?

• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The crashes that used to occur in zerg battles in the 32bit client are no longer happening with the new 64-bit one :thumbs:!

However, on both my MacBook Pro (Retina, mid 2012, Core i7 with 16gb RAM and 1.5gb Intel HD 4000 GPU) as well as my Mac Pro tower (late 2013, 3.5ghx 6-core E5, 64gb DDR3 RAM and two AMD FirePro D300 2gb GPUs) both updated with High Sierra (MacOS 10.13) I get, every 10 or 20 seconds, a "ghosting" of the scene -- as if a slight transparent alpha layer of the screen was laid on top of the screen which lasts about a couple seconds, while the underlying image has since moved since the character has moved forward or rotated their view. It's very distracting, and odd that it happens on two very different machines. Is there a way to fix this? Some setting that is causing this that can be turned off? (I've tried many different off/on settings related to graphics, but none so far have stopped that from happening.

Also, with my high end Mac Pro, it doesn't feel like the game plays much different (FPS, graphic quality) than on the MacBook Pro with much less hardware. Is there a setting to force the game to use more RAM or VRAM?

Lastly, since sometimes I play on one computer, and sometimes on another, it's very annoying that the screen / graphics settings are remembered across computers (must be kept in the Arenanet cloud?) so that each time I start the game in a rig different than the last time I played, i have to go and change the graphics settings. The Graphics settings make no sense to be cloud-based, since they will vary from computer to computer -- whereas the keybindings settings, for example, are super-useful being stored in the cloud. There ought to be a way to select (by user, or just hardcoded) which go into the cloud, and which are read from local prefs file.

@Druitt.7629 said:Ah, Thumbs Up for this. I don't think I've seen it and I only ever sleep my MacBook Pro -- never shut it down -- but maybe I've been suffering from it and simply not noticing it for what it is.

Does the "go to sleep" have to occur while OpenGL is in use -- e.g. you close the lid while a game's running -- or is any sleep after a reboot likely to cause it when OpenGL is then used?

I usually only ever sleep mine as well (until now!). I've only ever closed the lid without GW2 running, and it happens in that situation (maybe I should try letting it sleep while GW2 is running and see if it doesn't happen).

I recently reinstalled GW2 with the 64-bit client because I was getting tired of the crashes and not being able to launch consistently with the 32-bit client. So far I will say that the Trading Post/Gem Store, Guild Treasury/Upgrades, and inventory features all seem to load faster, but everything else seems slower or laggy. Loading maps is slow (which I expect from my old computer) and feels about the same, but it seems once my character appears in a map, it has to load again. Environment will eventually load if I sit long enough, but if I go to a waypoint it seems everything has to reload. Voices also lag, particularly when there are a lot of other players or NPCs around. At times my FPS will drop to 1-4 on the new maps which makes moving and jumping difficult, especially when trying to keep up with others. Generally my FPS is about 20-30 but will randomly drop. Thus far I have yet to see a bounty boss' character model (some of which I saw during the beta on the 32-bit client.)

Here are my computer specs:iMac 21.5 inch, Mid 20103.2 GHz Intel Core i3Memory: 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3ATI Radeon HD 5670 512 MBOS: MacOS Sierra 10.12.6

I have been using the 64-bit Mac client ever since PoF dropped. The graphics card on my PC died hours before the start of PoF and I desperately set the Mac client up on my MacBook Pro that morning, getting it working shortly before launch. Although I have to run my graphics at a significantly lower level than I was on the PC, it is more than functional, and I just got my mount last night. The only real issue I have been having is the flickering trees, which I have seen mentioned in the forums already. There is also some ghosting in certain circumstances, but honestly I'm not sure that it isn't intended, so I haven't worried about it.

Much thanks to the Anet Mac team for making it possible for me not to miss out on PoF! A new PC graphics card is just not going to happen for me right now.

For what its worth, these are my specs:MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016)Processor: 3.3 GHx Intel Core i7Memory: 16 GB 2133 MHx LPDDR3Graphics: Intel Iris Graphics 550 1536 MBOS: MacOS Sierra 10.12.6

Anyone got a fix for the crazy amounts of cached ram. It's making it impossible to play. Using the new public beta. I thought it was just high Sierra running wonky while changing files. But it's been like this for days. I've just been leaving my computer on to try and speed up the file changes.

Same! Since the High Sierra update it's been extremely laggy, my fan is going constantly. I can't tell if I'm in game or not because the I can run around and do stuff but apparently I've disconnected. I even did client repair just in case. This is what it spit out when it was done. Mind you, the computer was at the Apple store on the 19th and had the firmware reset and everything put on it correctly there.

/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.1.1/Common/ChunkCompression.cpp:50: Error: unsupported compressor 8/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.1.1/Libraries/CompressData/CompressData.c:353: Error: Unknown compression scheme encountered for file '/System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Resources/Exceptions.plist'/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.1.1/Common/ChunkCompression.cpp:50: Error: unsupported compressor 8/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.1.1/Libraries/CompressData/CompressData.c:353: Error: Unknown compression scheme encountered for file '/System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Library/AppExceptions.bundle/Exceptions.plist'[warn] kq_init: detected broken kqueue; not using.: Undefined error: 0[warn] kq_init: detected broken kqueue; not using.: Undefined error: 0[warn] kq_init: detected broken kqueue; not using.: Undefined error: 0[warn] kq_init: detected broken kqueue; not using.: Undefined error: 0Renderer Log: [1168:771:WARNING:resource_bundle.cc(303)] locale_file_path.empty()/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.1.1/Common/ChunkCompression.cpp:50: Error: unsupported compressor 8/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.1.1/Libraries/CompressData/CompressData.c:353: Error: Unknown compression scheme encountered for file '/System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Resources/Exceptions.plist'/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.1.1/Common/ChunkCompression.cpp:50: Error: unsupported compressor 8/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.1.1/Libraries/CompressData/CompressData.c:353: Error: Unknown compression scheme encountered for file '/System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Library/AppExceptions.bundle/Exceptions.plist'[warn] kq_init: detected broken kqueue; not using.: Undefined error: 0[warn] kq_init: detected broken kqueue; not using.: Undefined error: 0[1169:771:WARNING:resource_bundle.cc(303)] locale_file_path.empty()[warn] kq_init: detected broken kqueue; not using.: Undefined error: 0[1170:771:WARNING:resource_bundle.cc(303)] locale_file_path.empty()[warn] kq_init: detected broken kqueue; not using.: Undefined error: 0[1171:771:WARNING:resource_bundle.cc(303)] locale_file_path.empty()[warn] kq_init: detected broken kqueue; not using.: Undefined error: 0[1172:771:WARNING:resource_bundle.cc(303)] locale_file_path.empty()[warn] kq_init: detected broken kqueue; not using.: Undefined error: 0

Those who've jumped to High Sierra, maybe just maybe the new APFS format might also be the issue...?APFS in High Sierra causing problems for Unity Engine, Cities: Skylines, Civilization V, more

I am still on El Capitan. Crashes once in a while, sometimes a system-wide crash needing a hard restart. PoF is somewhat on the edge of playable and not. I am able to get MP & HP, and advance my mounts a bit. Mostly okay, I guess, yet would love to have it run better, MUCH better.

@broopa.5043 said:I'm assuming it's a HS thing. I'm going to give it a few more days to try and figure it self out. But odds are I'll down grade again with my time machine from POF launch. Didn't have any issues then.

FYI, I heard that you cannot download Sierra installer anymore. So, in order to downgrade, you will need a Time Machine or other backups of your system, or otherwise doomed and stuck with High Sierra.

Something completely different: when I want to place marks as necro with my staff, I activate the skill with lets say key 2 and the mark will show under my mouse coursor waiting to be placed. But if I want to cancel this I usually press the right mouse button and the skill is canceled, but now not every time and I have to press ESC to cancel it.

i got the latest macbook pro (15-inch, 2016), 2,6 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM, AMD Radeon Pro 450 2GB and the game is running at 8-25 fps depending on the zone WITH ALL GRAPHICS SETTINGS ON LOWEST/LOW. resolution is full hd, everything disabled or put on lowest. please fix the game, this is not an experience i paid for getting all the expensions

Game is crashing every 20 minutes or so of play. Very frustrating. I don't know what else to try. We've done repair install, deleted and complete reinstall, OS is up to date, checked for disk errors, reduced graphics res.... NOTHING WORKS. I have a MacBook Pro i5 with 16 gb RAM. It works fine on my husband's older MacBook.

@kurea.5421 said:Im having issues with the auto attack coz ctrl+mouse 2 isnt working for me. I cant disable it and ive reset my settings but still no good. Also, my view zooms in everytime i dodge back. Can someone please help?

Not sure about the zooming, but they text on the skill tool tips is wrong. To set a skill as auto-attack use cmd+mouse2.

Anyone play GW2 with Razer Naga Chroma and having some kind keybinds(?) issue like mine?Ex:I set F1~F5 skill to alt+1~5, and I usually use Naga to press 1~5.When I press alt+1 try to use F1 skill, most of time it will cast weapon skill 1 instead and then do nothing.Sometimes it stacks, cast F1 skill after weapon skill 1.I have to use weapon skill 1~5 first then try to use F1~F5 skill in the middle of weapon skill casting action to perform a F1~F5 skill.

PS: This issue won't happen if use keyboard only.

@Ursacian.4067 said:i got the latest macbook pro (15-inch, 2016), 2,6 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM, AMD Radeon Pro 450 2GB and the game is running at 8-25 fps

If you're on High Sierra, there's a bug where after a sleep long enough to enter standby mode, Metal and OpenGL performance are terrible. Restarting fixes it and doubles the frame rate (this is something impacting all games, not just GW2).

@scruffles.3789 said:the problem i've been seeing is that the textures takes a really really really long time to load -- even on ssd, it's more than on windows. on hdd, it can take up to minutes depending on the map.

After an evening of gaming:32bit client: data read from HD 1.5 GB circa64bit client: data read from HD 378.78 GB !!!If you have a mechanical (and breakable) HD, I totally suggest to put the game on a SSD card or a SSD external HD. Or stop play with it until they fix this despicable bug.

I am trying not to be peeved because I absolutely love this game. But this new client has made it unplayable. When I stand still I have upwards of 40 frames but as soon as I start moving npcs disappear and it drops to under 10 frames. Also there is a horrible sound lag between actions. From my understanding of the minimum requirements my MacBook is up to snuff to run this.

Mid 2012 15inch High Sierra (I’ve heard there are OPEN GL bugs with HS)I7 core8gb ramNVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1GBIntel HD graphics 4000 1536 MB

@Ghad.1938 said:I am trying not to be peeved because I absolutely love this game. But this new client has made it unplayable. When I stand still I have upwards of 40 frames but as soon as I start moving npcs disappear and it drops to under 10 frames. Also there is a horrible sound lag between actions. From my understanding of the minimum requirements my MacBook is up to snuff to run this.

Mid 2012 15inch High Sierra (I’ve heard there are OPEN GL bugs with HS)I7 core8gb ramNVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1GBIntel HD graphics 4000 1536 MB

Post your game settings, since I have mostly the same machine (16gb ram, retina) and it runs ok.