Regen Map Image Tiles — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home API Development

Regen Map Image Tiles

Please regenerate the Map Image Tiles! Please! :)

Tagged:

Comments

• I second this request! Otherwise I'll have to start getting creative with the in-game map. D:

Europe / Aurora Glade : Proper Dave | Garrfunkel | Cuddly Ball Of Fur | Kaltosh | Celsus Lignum | Guard Salad

GW2Maps.com | New Krytan Typeface | Guild Emblem Generator and Font Pack

• Lawton Campbell.8517Lawton Campbell.8517 ArenaNet Personal  
    edited September 29, 2017

Should have updated tiles up by the end of the week.

EDIT: this is probably not happening this week; been having a lot of issues updating everything to support non-powers-of-two map sizes. Might require some changes to the coordinates in /v2/continents -- which wouldn't go out for a month or so.

asdadasd

• I know you have a lot on your plate, but people use the world map for exploring, gathering, looking for events, and doing completion for achievements. Could the map tiles be a higher priority on your list?

• ProperDave.7425ProperDave.7425 Member ✭✭
    edited September 29, 2017

@Lawton Campbell.8517 said:
    EDIT: this is probably not happening this week; been having a lot of issues updating everything to support non-powers-of-two map sizes. Might require some changes to the coordinates in /v2/continents -- which wouldn't go out for a month or so.

Perhaps it's time for a /v2.1 endpoint just to make things more complicated eh? :)
    Thanks for the effort Lawton! You're a star!

Europe / Aurora Glade : Proper Dave | Garrfunkel | Cuddly Ball Of Fur | Kaltosh | Celsus Lignum | Guard Salad

GW2Maps.com | New Krytan Typeface | Guild Emblem Generator and Font Pack

• @Drant.5902 said:
    I know you have a lot on your plate, but people use the world map for exploring, gathering, looking for events, and doing completion for achievements. Could the map tiles be a higher priority on your list?

Yes please?

• Tiscan.8345Tiscan.8345 Member ✭✭✭

The Map-Tiles were updated :smile:

• Lawton Campbell.8517Lawton Campbell.8517 ArenaNet Personal  
    edited October 2, 2017

@Drant.5902 said:
    I know you have a lot on your plate, but people use the world map for exploring, gathering, looking for events, and doing completion for achievements. Could the map tiles be a higher priority on your list?

Hands are tied by our release schedule.

In any case, I got the tiles generated for Tyria on Friday. And then I uploaded them to the wrong S3 bucket over the weekend. Uploading the updated Tyria tiles now (should be done by the end of the workday). The tile generator is still broken for the mists -- but I don't think the mists have updated much.

EDIT: most new tiles are up; regenerating them again since some of the ones turned out corrupt (guessing my machine has a bad SATA controller). There's like 4 bad tiles and they're not on any maps so it shouldn't be a huge deal.

asdadasd