Boon share — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Boon share

azizul.8469azizul.8469 Member ✭✭

now, with boon corruption and boon removal all over the place, how about we bring back the boonshare mesmer to pre SoI nerf . restore SoI to its pre-nerf state. it will balance the force.....

Comments

• Vova.2640Vova.2640 Member ✭✭✭

@jul.7602 said:
    or just nerf scourge and sb.

this along side of across the board condi nerfs. Right now the game feels pretty unfun.
    I just wanna play my power class again :anguished:

• Trajan.4953Trajan.4953 Member ✭✭✭

hehe Boonshare mesmer...

• XenesisII.1540XenesisII.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

I believe it's boons turn to receive a boost in this ongoing war between conditions and boons, since scourge and spellbreakers have been brought in to do more boon corruption and stripping. Therefore bringing back boon sharing seems to be the next logical step.

Either way, it's not going to solve the now ridiculous pirate ship meta. Spent 30 mins fighting in SMC today and none of the three zergs wanted to push each other, while multiple times they just bombed the empty space between them, gg, good changes to the combat meta anet, thanks for sticking the final fork in combat.

Another derailing post. ^^
    EBG North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed!
    || Stealth is a Terribad Mechanic || Class Offense Defense Movement Balance is So Terribad ||

• jsp.6912jsp.6912 Member ✭✭

boonshare = 100% rollface

peoples who want it, it's because u are bad and u wanna rollface more ?

• yes my pretties feed my necro FEEEEEEED EEEEEEEET

• Turk.5460Turk.5460 Member ✭✭✭✭

Yeah how about no.

Fort Aspenwood
    Jekkies

• xDudisx.5914xDudisx.5914 Member ✭✭✭

Instead of increasing it is better to reduce both. Reduce the amount of aoe boon corruption and reduce the amount boon spam.

• GWMO.4785GWMO.4785 Member ✭✭✭

So... naturally, the next obvious question to ask would be: Is the frontline boonshare support playstyle still a thing for mesmer in WvW? Or is the build pushed back to a more defensive playstyle, where the it becomes more of a backline caster / focus party? While providing veil, portal and condi cleanse on demand? I believe it was called the glamour build (correct me if i am wrong).

• Kyon.9735Kyon.9735 Member ✭✭✭

In this situation, nerfing the source of the problem is better than buffing the counters. If you buff the counters, it will add more to the power creep.

And don't forget, lots of condis + lots of boons = lagfest.

• @GWMO.4785 said:
    So... naturally, the next obvious question to ask would be: Is the frontline boonshare support playstyle still a thing for mesmer in WvW? Or is the build pushed back to a more defensive playstyle, where the it becomes more of a backline caster / focus party? While providing veil, portal and condi cleanse on demand? I believe it was called the glamour build (correct me if i am wrong).

The glamour build you are referring to is an ancient (2012-maybe early 2013) thing, when mesmers could actually apply confusion to large groups of players. It has been nerfed to oblivion and never resurfaced.

• GWMO.4785GWMO.4785 Member ✭✭✭

@Menaka.5092 said:
    The glamour build you are referring to is an ancient (2012-maybe early 2013) thing, when mesmers could actually apply confusion to large groups of players. It has been nerfed to oblivion and never resurfaced.

Actually it was more of an alternative build for when we lacked guardians for stability. i could have run mantra of concentration. But i've never been too keen on using mantra's. Or shatter but i preserve that for condi cleansing using Restorative Illusions. The build i am referring to looked like this: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAseWncfClqhFrBmpBEgilej6cDKhQwMAOtMquUX1XF-e Gear wise you can be flexibe. i was using my minstrel boonshare set as i was using this build only for those situations

• Jski.6180Jski.6180 Member ✭✭✭✭

Just need to add in icd to the strips mostly path of corruption say 5 sec per player not per use. This would go a long way to fixing the meta.

See ELE forms and you will get my views.

• momophily.3814momophily.3814 Member ✭✭
    edited October 6, 2017

@jsp.6912 said:
    boonshare = 100% rollface

peoples who want it, it's because u are bad and u wanna rollface more ?

This is wrong, very very wrong. What boon share was, is a way that parties of 5 players can work together inorder to break an unorganized group of players. It meant you had to work together in order to be effective. I made you a team.

Now 10 random pugs with no coordination can get on one class and hard counter 20 organized players not running that class... very balanced indeed.

The level of comp and organizaton need to break a group of unorganized scourges is rediculious. I'm not suggesting that you can't counter them. But its an incredibly unbalanced meta right now

I'm not for or against the OP and the mesmer. But boons share should be superior, because it means organizations can beat unorganized players

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.