Which Race would you like to see in Next Xpac

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Grebcol.5984 said:So now that PoF didn't add any new race which one would you like to see in a future Xpac? Personally i would highly like to see a dwarf comeback. Would fit perfectly into the story now and this race has a rich & big lore. Second Choice would be Tengu for me.

A dev said they are not going to add a new race.

None of the above, Skritt. You can make Skritt work by having 4 or 5 running in unison with the gear and weapons split between them as I'll fitting oversized items, I say more than one because in Lore they don't become smart unless they are in a pack so I figure 4 Or 5 working together would make them smart enough to be on par with a player character.

@Swagger.1459 said:

@Grebcol.5984 said:So now that PoF didn't add any new race which one would you like to see in a future Xpac? Personally i would highly like to see a dwarf comeback. Would fit perfectly into the story now and this race has a rich & big lore. Second Choice would be Tengu for me.

A dev said they are not going to add a new race.

Thats racist!

Race? I don't much care about... Class though, if they made Cantha the next xpac, I would love to see Ritualist and Monk be included to play.Ritualist only because the 2 classes that were made extra in the Factions Campaign was Rit and Assassin (well we already have theif) and even though some have said that Revenant was basically a Rit.. I just don't feel it.Warrior Monks would be awesome, obviously not full healers/smiters like in Guild Wars - because there is no Trinity here.I would prefer classes over race (but that is just me :/ )

I think Tengu will be something big in the future - there is still that Dominion-zone near LA, which is closed since start. If there will be a new race one day, I can bet it will be Tengu's race. They have influence in Tyria, Cantha, so it would be possible to create new starting zone in other continent or near LA.

Dwarves ? StonedKodan? Too close to NornLargos? Not so much lore about them, they're quite new, and there was only one time, when we met one of them (in story)Jotun? I will take it as a nice joke :D

I see ow the OP is talking about a playable race. I just thought it was meant as a focus of the story, not playable. I voted for dwarves because I like them, and I could see them or their lore playing a role in a Norn-focused story, which I would like to see in the future.

Dwarves are culturally too similar to Norn, and Largos are just underwater dark elves who prefer to work alone. I don't see how the latter could work for story missions.

I'd prefer tengu; how many other MMORPGs have playable birds (actual birds, not 'angels' or other winged humans)? It''d certainly make the franchise more unique.

Kodan Kodan KODAN KODAN!The Kodans were the 1st ones I took complete interest in lore-wise in this game. More Kodans. Lots more Kodan.Check the profession topics and their talk about imbalance... we need Kodans!

@Iron.4372 said:I think Tengu will be something big in the future - there is still that Dominion-zone near LA, which is closed since start. If there will be a new race one day, I can bet it will be Tengu's race. They have influence in Tyria, Cantha, so it would be possible to create new starting zone in other continent or near LA.

Dwarves ? StonedKodan? Too close to NornLargos? Not so much lore about them, they're quite new, and there was only one time, when we met one of them (in story)Jotun? I will take it as a nice joke :D

They're not. Because Kodans aren't a group of drunks that only speak of "legends".