[Suggestion] 1 More New mount

@RandomWolf.3986 said:When playing with a few friends I noticed a bug where a "swimming" animation was activated for a Raptor for a few seconds. It seems like the original mounts were meant to work on water but the idea was later scrapped.

And I'm positive we're not getting any new mounts.

When there’s so many possibilities such as 2 seater mounts, both land and air, or underwater mounts for an expansion against the Sea Dragon?

One should never say never or positive we’re not, when no one actually knows, as you might find your positive is the alternate definition of positive.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

@RandomWolf.3986 said:When playing with a few friends I noticed a bug where a "swimming" animation was activated for a Raptor for a few seconds. It seems like the original mounts were meant to work on water but the idea was later scrapped.

When there’s so many possibilities such as 2 seater mounts, both land and air, or underwater mounts for an expansion against the Sea Dragon?

One should never say never or positive we’re not, when no one actually knows, as you might find your positive is the alternate definition of

I would be curious to see how they would implement a two-seater mount as I think that would be quite a nice feature that I do not think any other game has.

Beyond being great for non-combat traversing for friends, combat would be quite interesting.One person (the 'driver') controls the mount, another person (the 'passenger') can fire off ranged attacks, or in the case of flying mounts, drop bombs. :)

@Paul Ella.2037 said:

@Zahld.4956 said:Maybe a lizard that can go on land and in water.

She turned me into a newt!

Thanks for the smile!

It makes me sad that there are many who will not get this reference without looking it up to understand why that was your comment. :\

@StinVec.3621 said:

One should never say never or positive we’re not, when no one actually knows, as you might find your positive is the alternate definition of

I would be curious to see how they would implement a two-seater mount as I think that would be quite a nice feature that I do not think any other game has.

Beyond being great for non-combat traversing for friends, combat would be quite interesting.One person (the 'driver') controls the mount, another person (the 'passenger') can fire off ranged attacks, or in the case of flying mounts, drop bombs. :)

WoW has 2 seater mounts but my understanding is that the passenger has no capabilitites.

How about the deluxe model for carrying whole raid groups. ^^

@tigirius.9014 said:Can we have at least 1 new mount for underwater? I know people in general poopoo the idea of underwater anything but I'd like to see at least 1 underwater mount because some of us do actually enjoy underwater.

Imagine Cantha and meeting the Luxons and you get turtle mounts! That can both move slowly on land, but fast underwater :D

Yes, i like underwater content very much. It seems weird that there is so much potential already programmed into the game while at the same time it looks so underdeveloped and neglected. Same with the mounts. There is land, watersurface, air, blink... but no underwater.

So yeah, put me down for a :+1:

@tigirius.9014 said:Can we have at least 1 new mount for underwater? I know people in general poopoo the idea of underwater anything but I'd like to see at least 1 underwater mount because some of us do actually enjoy underwater.

IMO an underwater mount would be a great addition for a deep sea dragon expansion! I would also love to see Lion's Arch flooded by a tidal wave and turned into a fully underwater city!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

sorry for being late to this discussion, only just noticed it and was going to do a new one lol :)Here is my idea............. I too would love to see a underwater mout (i thought to myself as the skyscale came out) perhaps a Dolphin, as we see them playfully swimming round the waters of Tyria, instead of riding it's back (cos that just won't work lol) gripping onto it's top fin, pressing the appropiate keybind just under/or deep under the sea/water and be able to dive/rise with the commander attached at speed to be able to get to the under water events quicker, and it's special skill send a protective bubble towards your allies which gives roughly , maybe 6 seconds of reduced damage. just an idea.............and think of all the skins the fashion wars players could have lol ;)as far as i know we have several land based mounts, 2 air based mounts (semi flying style) and 1 water based mount, personally i think it's about time anet gave us another and final mount as a water based one . (to be more equal).As i said just an idea take it or leave it like marmite lmao :)

There are some beautiful underwater areas to explore throughout Tyria! :3 Underwater combat seems to work better on some classes than others and we need more breather skins, but I do like the open world underwater content and having a mount to ease movement and exploration underwater would be terrific! =)

@BunjiKugashira.9754 said:Oh I would love underwater mounts. The amount of underwater mounts that I can think of right now would be enough to fill another expansion!

Dolphin: For jumping big distances out of the water. Necessary to reach the top of some sea-side cliffs.Turtle: For riding underwater currents. Kinda like underwater ley-lines.Jellyfish: It envelops you and protects you from venomous sea anemones. Necessary for some passages.Angler fish: Illuminates dark places and keeps whatever is out there to kill you in the dark at bay. And as we've learned from the underwater fractal and that one place in tangled depths, there definitely is something that wants to eat you in the dark.Shark: It has a charge that can break thin walls. Useful for looting pirate-ship-wreckage or clearing paths that are overgrown with corals.

Lurking in the depths there is a threat, unseen by anyone, waiting for its time to strike. Largos and Quaggan tell of giant horrors dragging anyone unfortunate enough into the darkness, never to be seen again. But the deadly silence is about to end. The surface is no longer safe as Lions Arch faces it's biggest post-Scarlet challenge. Prepare your diving gear, the next submarine is heading for the Depths of Steve (DoS).

I love all those ideas! I'd add a turtle mount that can work on land OR water (although on land they'd be slow and lumbering while in the water ... fast and agile like Crush from Finding Nemo). The currents under water could be the function equivalent to the rivers of Ley energy in the sky.