Your favourite story Character — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Your favourite story Character

Shirlias.8104Shirlias.8104 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited October 6, 2017 in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

between em who are currently alive, though of course your favourite character is the supreme Lord Palawa Joko.

Your favourite story Character 317 votes

Caithe
5%
particlepinata.9865Chadramar.8156TheReaperTheFourthHorsemen.7894meeflak.9714Tiger.9786Arden.7480paintpixie.7398MidnightX.6294Alga.6498DearlyMe.5320Shining One.1635Glacial.9516Marshall Sed.8643SunMoonstone.3698Chill Ra.3416Rogue.4756Aether.9412ExoticKitten.4712 18 votes
Zojja
3%
GussJr.1643Sazukikrah.5036Catbuggalicious.2548Chasind.3128bOTEB.1573Cleopatra.4068AstralDusk.1670TheOrlyFactor.8341casualkenny.9817tinymurder.5791 10 votes
Logan Thackeray
2%
Nick Lentz.6982Ashantara.8731Zaraki.5784Thereon.5219Genesis.8572Dreamy Lu.3865arielwind.8921rohbroy.5736 8 votes
Rytlock Brimstone
16%
WhatLiesBeneath.9018JustACat.1086TheSlothArmada.6709Cerioth.7062dodgerrule.8739Rauderi.8706Esterie.7409Alatar.7364SmirkDog.3160Iron.4372Sylent.3165Paralux.6714Payne.1250Robban.1256Maizan.8516Cronospere.8143NeyteriKiyeri.4207werewolf.6107Raknar.4735Erasculio.2914 52 votes
Braham
2%
BlueBudgie.2179Mishoo.5918Xstein.2187Brimstone.3807DonArkanio.6419InvaGir.9158Fenella.2634 7 votes
Rox
2%
NagayaX.1904Dragana.1497Sanity Obscure.6054Zoria.1392Dried Donkey.8504Thundabolt.8541Pirlipat.2479Treacy.4067 8 votes
Taimi
21%
Menadena.7482Endless Soul.5178Little Leota.5849cNd.1096Curunen.8729crosknight.3041Boysenberry.1869Wizler.8192Mea.5491Fantasy.5321Skyrum.5483notebene.3190Panda.1967Alimar.8760Ardid.7203Hana.8143NullValue.4956aniesia.4823Nox Noctis.7812Ohoni.6057 68 votes
Kasmeer Meade
3%
Neural.1824crashburntoo.7431strangercandy.5249AnodicShadow.3647Sodeni.6041Hevoskuuri.3891stormgaard.8429ykon.8214Juillin.5361Barliman Butterbur.4826 10 votes
Marjory Delaqua
3%
Arzurag.7506Einlanzer.1627Teleoceras.1298ananda.5946exp.3178Gemnaid.4219Swing.6439phs.6089Vallune.8150Haventale.1490 10 votes
Canach
39%
nottsgman.8206BeeFrost.5672Haishao.6851PlaviGmaz.2978Fenom.9457Amarantha Onyx.8962Dondarrion.2748SilverWolfAkira.1024Murke.7193Abelisk.4527Manasa Devi.7958Sirius Lemuria Draconis.7864Dante.1763RoseofGilead.8907pah.4931Flaming.4250Asum.4960nyctalopia.4735Randulf.7614Undo.5091 126 votes
<13

Comments

• TheOrlyFactor.8341TheOrlyFactor.8341 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Zojja

Zojja. I miss her and I wish Anet would give us an actual update on her condition that doesn't amount to the hearsay we got from Episode 1 of LWS3.

Of course, I love Asura in general but of them all I like Zojja the most. I miss sassy, angry science smol. ;-;

Asura fanatic.
    World's largest Zojja fan.
    Illconceived Was Na fanboy.
    Make Dragon's Watch great again (by booting Rytlock out of it).

• Rytlock Brimstone

Poll should only have one option:
    Rytlooooooock!

Volhryol O Maelstom - Chronomancer
    Ghelviir O Maelstom - Druid
    TheSlothArmada - Berserker
    Builds: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jEaFeEWMhn3_c9Dt7DlOKWMHOVyRbWDSbEEgpSgrTMY/edit?usp=sharing

• Alchofas.8243Alchofas.8243 Member ✭✭✭
    Canach

IT HAS TO BE CANACH.

• InvaGir.9158InvaGir.9158 Member ✭✭✭
    Braham

Braham
    Only because everyone want him dead I kinda feel sorry for him.

• Arzurag.7506Arzurag.7506 Member ✭✭✭
    Marjory Delaqua

Always respect the necromancer, though, there wasn´t that much of her to see in this expansion, I hope she´ll make an appearance in the next living story.

"I´m not big on sermons nor words, Broken bones teach better lessons and speak for themselves."

• Caithe

Caithe, because I've followed her since the book. First character was a Sylvari thief.

• Rytlock Brimstone

@TheOrlyFactor.8341 said:

@TheSlothArmada.6709 said:
    Poll should only have one option:
    Rytlooooooock!

Glad you didn't make the poll.

. . .What?

Volhryol O Maelstom - Chronomancer
    Ghelviir O Maelstom - Druid
    TheSlothArmada - Berserker
    Builds: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jEaFeEWMhn3_c9Dt7DlOKWMHOVyRbWDSbEEgpSgrTMY/edit?usp=sharing

• Sodeni.6041Sodeni.6041 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 6, 2017
    Kasmeer Meade

Kasmeer for sure!

I love her looks, her personality and she is a strong mesmer :)
    She and Marjory are such a cute couple, as well. :3

• Ayumi Spender.1082Ayumi Spender.1082 Member ✭✭✭✭

Zojja, Logan, Rytlock.
    I can't pick.
    Zojja is the best Asura.
    Logan is someone I can see understanding much better than most characters in the game.
    Rytlock is the best... well... he IS the best Charr but that sounds like an understatement. Pretty much usually one of the best when he's not around other people to kitten him off (yeah that of course would be Logan being one).

So.. Zoglock?

• Zaltys.7649Zaltys.7649 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 6, 2017
    Taimi

Tybalt. It was nice to have a non-stereotypical Charr around for a while. :/

Okay, okay, out of the poll choices? Taimi. The story has got so dramatic that it's nice to have some comic relief around. Canach is okay too.

I can't stand Rytlock. There's too much story focus on him and he's always whining or bragging, usually without a cause. He's useless in story battles (because he gets knocked out long before the battle is over), whereas others such as Kasmeer at least have support abilities and enough sense to not try facetanking everything.

• Dreamy Lu.3865Dreamy Lu.3865 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Logan Thackeray

I have a certain tenderness for Logan, because he keeps the link to original GW. :)

Officer of Equinox Solstice [TIME] / Singapore-Based International PvX Guild
    WvW server: Henge of Denravi
    https://discord.gg/P5dj7fd

• Taimi

Taimi. Reminds me a little bit of Tiny Tina from Borderlands 2.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster

• Rytlock Brimstone

For this list i choose Rytlock, his sarcasm makes me laugh
    Taimi is a good second.

Who is sadly enough is not on the list is Tybalt. I liked his char very much. Too bad he did die in personal story

• Ohoni.6057Ohoni.6057 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Taimi

Taimi and Canach are both great. I also love Marjory, but she hasn't done much lately. Kasmeer can be fun, but has mostly been like wobbly and dramatic lately, and Braham was just SUPER annoying since HoT, Taimi is an actual child, but what's Braham's excuse?

• Rytlock Brimstone

Ugh, I cannot STAND Sieran. WAY too cheerful.

As for the actual poll? Rytlock. He's not my favorite Charr, but he's my favorite of the ones listed. Taimi and Canach are VERY close behind, and I really dig the banter between Canach and Rytlock.

"For the Panini!" // NA (USA)/Ehmry Bay/[EBAY]
    Main character--Runa Xandrill, Level 80 Female Human Dragonhunter

• DietPepsi.4371DietPepsi.4371 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 6, 2017

Can't decide between Canach for his charming wit, or Rox for her humble demeanour and pleasantness.
    As of PoF Rytlock seems to have become a bit of a muffin.

You stand to benefit more from making friends than you do making enemies.

• Fallesafe.5932Fallesafe.5932 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 7, 2017

@Shirlias.8104 said:
    between em who are currently alive, though of course your favourite character is the supreme Lord Palawa Joko.

Kralkatorrik immediately followed by Aurene
    , because then I didn't have to listen to any more of it.

• Braham

I like almost all the story NPCs, but Braham and Rox are my favourites! They make a great team. Taimi is also really funny, and the whole Rata Novus story with her is really interesting. Canach's snarky comments are of course also always a welcome sight :D

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Logan Thackeray

I actually like Marjory best, but some of her dialogue in the past has been a bit overly cheesy on some occasions (in particular when she called Kas "doll" and the like at the end of each sentence - I don't like the exaggerated use of terms of endearment in any romantic relationship, but especially not the ones that make you sound like a macho). I also did not like the way she reacted to the Commander when Lazarus showed up in Aurene's chamber. But I am glad she is back and look forward to seeing more of my favorite GW2 couple. <3

I used to be a huge fan of Canach until PoF, where his banter with a majorly infantile Rytlock got so much on my nerves that I grew a bit tired of him.

Logan Thackeray has always been a favorite of mine, and so far he is the only character that has always acted in an adequate way, the only one who has never diasppointed me. ;) So I picked him. :)

• Myrdreth.6829Myrdreth.6829 Member ✭✭✭
    Canach

I like Canach the most. He is really funny and I love his personality.

• nottsgman.8206nottsgman.8206 Member ✭✭✭
    Canach

was tough to choose between Canach and Rytlock, but Canach won out in the end. the others didn't even get a thought from me (never liked them).

70 'mains' and waiting for more slots
    | 61 Asura | 6 Charr | 1 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

• all, exept braham, he's such a crybaby.
    the banter between canach and rytlock in pof is priceless

but as others said, my favorite appledealer isn't on the list

proudly wiped by RG and Funny Sunny Bunny

• Shirlias.8104Shirlias.8104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Canach

At first i wanted to put all "good characters" which took part in the story as main or secondary characters ( Jennah, Anise, Threarne, Faren, Aurene, Eir, etc... ), but the pool has a capacity of 10, so i had to cut ( and it was luck that i was able to put all the currently characters into the list ).

Maybe next pool will be "your favourite enemy" ;)

• Shirlias.8104Shirlias.8104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 6, 2017
    Canach

And for great justice, he always knew it.

https://i.imgur.com/Ux3JrsJ.jpg

Typical gw2 player playing with ecto gamble, BLC or MF.

• Taimi

Taimi, because even though I'm aware of how overly smart they made her, she's still one of the more amusing members of the team, and I love her!

And I know it wasn't asked, but as for who I absolutely cannot stand, to the point that their involvement hampers my enjoyment of the story, that would be Braham, with Marjory coming a close second.

• Maikimaik.1974Maikimaik.1974 Member ✭✭✭
    Taimi

I wish Eir woud still be alive :(

• Oglaf.1074Oglaf.1074 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Maikimaik.1974 said:
    I wish Eir woud still be alive :(

I chuckled because of your avatar.

Please Anet give us a hide Chest Armour-option. Tattoo-clad Norns everywhere beg of you.

• Alga.6498Alga.6498 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 6, 2017
    Caithe

My favorite story character is Ei... oh wait.. ANet killed off Eir from a random mob in the Jungle, remember?!??? THANKS for that ANet! :rage:
    So yeah, since we have no Norn hero anymore, and I really like Norns, (You know why I am not counting Braham here), Caithe is my favorite one among with second place, Kasmeer due to her nobility and her beauty.

Also Zojja is way better than our currently annoying little kitten Asuran stereotype hero, I wish ANet could give us an update how's she doing and how well she's recovering from the rescue of the jungle pods. :disappointed_relieved:

| Separatist | Nightmare Court | Inquest | White Mantle | Sunspears | Loyalists | Ascalon | Kryta | Ebonhawke | Elona | Istan | Kourna | Vabbi | Cantha | Luxon | Kurzick | 71 characters | "Rally to me, Ascalonians!" "Keep Ascalon in your heart." "May the Gods protect you." "Be blessed by the Six."

• Ardid.7203Ardid.7203 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Taimi

Taimi and Canach are the only ones I would like to know in person. Maybe Zojja and Rox too. All the others are either too scary, depressing, boring, stupid or plain crazy, I would truly prefer to not be near them.
    I choose Taimi because she's as snarky and capable as Canach, but even funnier.

• Genesis.5169Genesis.5169 Member ✭✭✭
    Canach

I came here knowing it was gonna be canach because he's the only character not plastered with emotional nonsense, he's just a guy who had a debt who needed to pay it off.

Get safe spaces out of spvp, demand real post game stats!
    Gw2 already the easiest MMO on the market if you believe content is too hard its time for some self reflection.
    Stop asking to nerf classes if you PvE exclusively it makes no sense.

• Taimi

It was between Rytlock, Canach, and Taimi for me. I love the banter between them, and they each have something in their background/personality/story that makes them appealing to me. Since we could only choose one though, I voted for Taimi, because the Asura are my favorite race, and she's so adorable!

• Canach

I voted for Cannach because I like his sarcasm. My REAL favourite character though is "The Pact Commander". She/he does most of the hard work, so hats off to her/him. ;)

• paintpixie.7398paintpixie.7398 Member ✭✭✭
    Caithe

The list of characters I don't care for is longer.
    But I am happy that Rytlock found a better boyfriend. I like Canach better than Logan, which isn't saying much because I can't stand Logan AT ALL.

Caithe was my favorite from the books. I liked Eir a lot. Canach is funny. Zojja is okay. Rytlock is okay. I miss Trahearne.

• Ashen.2907Ashen.2907 Member ✭✭✭✭

The only NPC I actually liked died in the jungle.

Of those who remain Canach is tolerable, even fun sometimes.

Cant really vote though as I do not think that the choice should be based on who is least obnoxious.

• sorudo.9054sorudo.9054 Member ✭✭✭✭

my own, tho even she has a horrible VO

• Taimi

Taimi, easily the most enjoyable and funny character in the game for me. I actually find her voice quite fun and entertaining as well.

Canach would be in second, as I do enjoy his blunt/dry humour and sarcasm, but Taimi is leagues ahead for me. Kas would probably be third, as I just like her character and personality.

• Rauderi.8706Rauderi.8706 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Rytlock Brimstone

I have to say Rytlock, because of early game history with him. Still, through Path of Fire, I feel he was kinda . . whiny? Not in the voice acting, but in the dialog itself. A lot of grousing and complaining, less gung-ho soldier like I'm used to.

:+1: for Taimi, though. Sure, she gets the brunt of being our Deus Ex and "annoying little sister" trope, but she's perky. And under that cloying exterior, she had to face some real hardship, and I was ready to bash in Phlunt's head, consequences be kittened.

She and Rytlock have been our steadfast companions into Dragons Watch. I understand Canach's position and appreciate his own brand of reluctant heroism.
    I started off really liking Marjory. Still kinda do. With that husky voice and independent streak, I can understand why Kasmeer melts for her. :kissing_blush: I kinda waffle on my opinion of Kasmeer, though. Probably just that I don't relate to her, but she has a lot of potential pathos: family issues, relationship struggles, her gods suddenly appearing. I'm curious how she'll navigate.

Many alts! Handle it!

"A condescending answer might as well not be an answer at all."
    -Eloc Freidon.5692

• Nick Lentz.6982Nick Lentz.6982 Member ✭✭✭
    Logan Thackeray

I voted Logan, if we are basing it off of story arcs, he seems to be the only one who has matured in the last 5 years. The only one who hasn't failed me in being solid

Caithe is just being forced on us to accept her

Marjory and Kasmeer are better characters overall when they are not together

Zojja is probably dead.

Rhytlock basically caused all the problems the world is facing right now and we are just shrugging it off.

Taimi is annoying. It's not even cute anymore.

Canach has his moments, but those moments are always sarcastic. (okay Daria We get it)

Roxx hasn't really done anything for a couple of years now. She basically should become Rhytlocks Idol.

I won't even start with Braham.

Vinnorin Almar, Firebrand of Maguuma.
    I Crit Under Pressure is recruiting, message me for an invite ^_^

• DearlyMe.5320DearlyMe.5320 Member ✭✭✭
    Caithe

The night blossom~ Followed by Zojja and Taimi. Eir was high in my standing, but...That was a few months for me and I still can't stop the hurt. I don't want to imagine how I'd react if Caithe died.
    We need to know Zojja's state. She's been out for two ingame years. When we found her, my heart shattered at her condition. I'm wondering if she's blind and that's why we haven't seen her. She said she couldn't see if you rescue her first.

Mains :: Gwenyna (Sylvari Chronomancer) and Nyniendha (Sylvari Reaper)
    7 Sylvari | 7 Asura | 3 Norn | 3 Human | 4 Charr
    https://dearlyme.tumblr.com/

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.