Mount Skins You Would Like - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Mount Skins You Would Like

Comments

• Please no more fluffy puffy pink rabbits, unicorns or shiny, flashing stuff with rainbows -.-

ArenaNets balancing concept: Never change a ruined system

• Haishao.6851Haishao.6851 Member ✭✭✭

@Aleksander Suburb.4287 said:
    Please more fluffy puffy pink rabbits, unicorns or shiny, flashing stuff with rainbows -.-

I agree

• Rauderi.8706Rauderi.8706 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Theocraft.6053 said:

@Eme.2018 said:
    Lord Faren griffon

please no, I am still healing after kasmeer raptor

Dare I bring up the Rytlock Springer or the Taimi Skimmer? :3

Many alts! Handle it!

"A condescending answer might as well not be an answer at all."
    -Eloc Freidon.5692

• Not really related, but please more dye channels for all mounts!
    I want a full black raptor, and want to make a Skimmer based on a manta ray.

Raptor:
    !!Feathered Raptor!! Armored Raptor, Raptor in the style of Fern Hounds, Undead Raptor

Springer, due to body type and mechanic I can't really think of much:
    Jackalope, Scarred/Veteran Skin (where it looks less cute, more like the watership down rabbits)

Skimmer:
    Sand Shark, Jellyfish related design

Jackal:
    Mordrem Wolf(it's just such an amazing design)!! Mistfire Wolf, Hyena related skin,

Griffon:
    Manticore! Sphinx! Different Bird Types (Crow, Vulture, Tropical Bird, Toucan etc), Wyvern or Dragon

• Shirlias.8104Shirlias.8104 Member ✭✭✭✭

Jackal: Rytlock. He's a dog and also, as a revenant, has the ability to teleport ahead.

• Purgatori.3645Purgatori.3645 Member ✭✭✭

@Orpheal.8263 said:
    Hmm, if i think about skins, rather about more Mount Typers I'd love to have, like my proposed Cheetah ,Crawler and Behemoth, then I'd think about skins like these that I'd support/buy/want

Gryphon > Wyvern, Pegasus,
    Skimmer > seriously no ideas xD
    Raptor > Grand Moa, Kirins, Kveldulf (https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/File:"Mountain_Beast"_concept_art.jpg)
    Springer > Swamp Toad
    Jackal > Mistfire Wolf, Hellhound (https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/File:Skeleton_hound.jpg), Nians (https://blogs.baruch.cuny.edu/monsters2014/files/2014/09/nian2.jpg)

HELLHOUD! Yes omg! For Halloween that would be awesome.

And thinking of halloween ... could do some kind of ghost thingy for the skimmer since the skimmer "floats" ....

Dolyak/Ravens for norns out of the Raptor and Griffon ... but even though Sylvari arent my fav race, they should get fernhounds out of Jackals ... that would be really cool!

When life knocks you down ... Rollover and look at the Stars

• Cringer or Battle Cat :)

• Jwake.7013Jwake.7013 Member ✭✭✭

Would love to see something like a wardrobe set up for mounts. Not so they look like different creatures cause. I think they could get real messy but almost like skin armor for the mounts could be fun. Still holding out for a second dye channel as well so they can look a bit more distinct.

"Freedom is something that you need to actively acquire. It's not something that's given with no strings attached. To be free means to take responsibility, and to prepare yourself for what's to come." ~Charles Beams~

• A Transformers as mount plz. While u mount up he transforms into from robot to vehikle.

• IvoryOwl.3275IvoryOwl.3275 Member ✭✭
    edited October 3, 2017

My Charr has a void in her heart that only a bike (Raptor), hovercraft (Skimmer) and chopper (Griffin) could fill. AND THIS TIME MAKE SURE THEY ARE FIT FOR BIG-BONED INDIVIDUALS. Seriously. Charr and Norn look ridiculous riding the current mounts due to their sizes. Please take that into consideration in the future.

Obligatory "Get in da choppa!" quote.

• mXz.4512mXz.4512 Member ✭✭

Griffon: Wyvern/Dragon, Sphinx, Manticore, Dragonfly (in reference to Sparkfly Fen), Roc (from the wiki: The Roc is an enormous legendary bird of prey in the popular mythology of the Middle East.)

Skimmer: Flying Fish, Dragonfly(?)
    Raptor: Running Gecko (google it), Jerboa, Ostrich/Moa
    Springer: Jumping Spider, Toad/Frog, Snake (coiler)
    Jackal: Hellhound, Chimera, Wolves (already in game)

Salty Vet reporting in.

• Scruffy golem style mount. Could replace any mount type with an apprpriate rocket boost.
    Choya mount.
    Pocket raptor swarm mount with a seat held up by sticks tied to the swarm of mini raptors.
    Personal airship mount.

• dusanyu.4057dusanyu.4057 Member ✭✭✭

I would like to see replacement skins for the saddles of racial themes glowy magitech for asura, furs for norn, English Saddle for humans, plantyness for the tree children and aggressive iron for charr.

• To add some
    Griffon - Eagle/Raven/Owl etc
    Raptor - This will never happen but I wouldn't hate seeing a mini t-rex. For fun =P
    Skimmer - Hovercraft
    Jackal - Jaguar (considering they could stealth leap animation instead of sand)

• Ayumi Spender.1082Ayumi Spender.1082 Member ✭✭✭✭

Mordrem Mount for Raptor
    Giant bullfrog for Rabbit
    Hovercraft for Skimmer (not a real-life one. I mean like a mechanical flying device that can propel itself in the air. A Hover-craft)
    Anything not canine for Jackal
    Demon/Dragon/Banshee/Bat for Griffon

• The only thing I need is a helmet for my bunnyroo. It keeps bumping it's head. :(

• Ayumi Spender.1082Ayumi Spender.1082 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Pirlipat.2479 said:
    The only thing I need is a helmet for my bunnyroo. It keeps bumping it's head. :(

It kitten well deserve it for always trying to run off cliffs when I try to turn around on them.

• Ashen.2907Ashen.2907 Member ✭✭✭✭

Mechanical versions of the existing mounts would be cool.

• Lahmia.2193Lahmia.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

Undead Griffon for my vampire necromancer.

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death."

• Ashen.2907Ashen.2907 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Lahmia.2193 said:
    Undead Griffon for my vampire necromancer.

Not just the griffon. Undead or skeletal versions of all of the mounts.

Then shadow versions of all of the mounts.

• Headcase.4618Headcase.4618 Member ✭✭
    edited October 9, 2017

I'd like to see an Asuran hover scooter for skimmer and a Charr motorcycle for raptor

• Jace.5907Jace.5907 Member
    edited October 10, 2017

i think that for mount skins they should bundle them in packages. some examples would be asura golem mounts, plant mounts, mechanical mounts, fire mounts, ice mounts, undead mounts, holiday mounts, super adventure box mounts, armored mounts, branded mounts and holographic mounts. now these would just be skins and all the mounts would still very much resemble the creatures they are now but they would have these as texture packs so for the golem you would have a golem raptor.

• Tasida.4085Tasida.4085 Member ✭✭✭

Branded griffon for reg griffon :)

(NOBL) rocking GW's since 2005, still rocking Sorrow's Furnace :P

• Illconceived Was Na.9781Illconceived Was Na.9781 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 10, 2017

@Kronos.2560 said:
    What kind of mount skins would you like to see?

I'm not against mount skins by any means, but I'd far prefer to a new mount rather than even 3 new skins for each existing mount.

Hype is the path to the dark side. Hype leads to unfulfilled expectations. Disappointment leads to anger. Anger leads to disgust. Disgust leads to "oh, new shinies! I'm back!"

• Alatar.7364Alatar.7364 Member ✭✭✭✭

Horse... or a Donkey! Yeah, ... definitely Donkey

~ I Aear cân ven na mar

• Jinroh.4251Jinroh.4251 Member ✭✭✭

Charr Car for the Raptor
    Golem for the Springer (they sorta already bounce when they run)
    A Pact Hovercraft for the Skimmer
    Mistfire Wolf seems to be everyone's choice for Jackal so no complaints here.
    Wyvern for the Griffon.

• Lambent.6375Lambent.6375 Member ✭✭✭

Crystal raptor

Shadow Jackal

Fire & Ice Jackal

etc

@FOX.3582 said:
    A freaking chair. Woah. I personally can't wait to buy a gem store CHAIR, so all my characters can SIT around in Tyria while other players see me, SITTING there, looking like a [email protected] ...

• steinnovels.9675steinnovels.9675 Member ✭✭
    edited October 10, 2017

A centaur skin with item chatter that swears vengeance for the disgrace of being ridden, a punch to the head Mario and Yoshi style to start the jump animation would be rightfully hilarious as well. Idle animation could be the centaur trying to buck you off.

• TheOrlyFactor.8341TheOrlyFactor.8341 Member ✭✭✭✭

A Colin skin so we can ride the hype train everyday. :3c

Asura fanatic.
    World's largest Zojja fan.
    Illconceived Was Na fanboy.
    Make Dragon's Watch great again (by booting Rytlock out of it).

• caveman.5840caveman.5840 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 10, 2017

raptor with the moot/disco ball duck taped to his head, and i only say this because honestly if I cant /dance and do the disco with the raptor I can live without skins

• nanomidgy.9180nanomidgy.9180 Member ✭✭
    edited October 11, 2017

Since charr exists in this game, i guess traditional rpg mounts like horses are not possible, but fantasy beasts problly fit better:
    Here are some examples dev can consider: :)

Feline beast: bb67b79d75004e44f1062279db71fc4b1380156878.jpg

Spider: Preview_Large_Mount_Spider_Giant_01.png

Flail snail 800px-Coastal_Flail_Snail.jpg

Stag: c31e89e5cd9d108a6592c6046198af0b1380239622.jpg

Skeleton steed: undead_horse_by_psdeluxe-d6tlxqb.jpg

Elephant: elephants-black-desert3.jpg

Unicorn: neverwinter_feywild_pack_071213_wm_15.jpg

Beetle: 800px-Beetle_Mounts.jpg

Polar bear or dolyak: Preview_Large_Mount_PolarBear_Armored_01.png

Drake: Preview_Large_Mount_Guarddrake.png

Floating disk: Tenser%27s_Floating_Disk.jpg

• Susy.7529Susy.7529 Member ✭✭✭

Horse (or something similar):
    Highest base speed of any mounts.
    Can't vertically jump.
    Its movement ability is to briefly improve even further its speed, like a sprint.

• All sorts of creepy bone/undead minion mounts. Maybe a spectral one? I'm not biased at all..

• https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/File:Rainbow_phoenix_fullgrown.jpg <--The only griffon skin that matters. Except, the griffon should have been earnable like other mounts and this skin should have been the 250g Prestige skin. I'll settle for this as AN EARNABLE SKIN though.

• @castlemanic.3198 said:
    I'm sitting here going "there's no way mount skins could be different creatures because it invalidates the lore of getting them, however slim that lore may be".

However, i'd buy a mistfire wolf skin for the jackal immediately, now that you mention it.

As a whole however, I think if we had a choice between the current mounts and different variations of the same species (feathered raptors, eagle griffons, jackalope springers etc.) would be good enough.

But please, dear god, i'd LOVE a mistfire wolf skin for the jackal with an appropriate blue fire flare for the teleport. I never see much of my favourite summon, i'd love to see more of it.

OMG! JACKALOPE!!!!!! YESYESYESYESYES! please?

• @Zoltreez.6435 said:
    a big Undead monstrosity minion mount... i want to ride a 4 or 2 legged Big undead Monster.............

LOl! Fred (I named my Flesh Golem) could carry me around piggy-back style!

• A Rytlock skin for every single mount.

"Beware those who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master."
    Tempest, Spellbreaker, Mirage, Scourge
    [AGNY] - Eternal Agony Guild, Sanctum of Rall

• Anchoku.8142Anchoku.8142 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 11, 2017

Spider mount
    Etin mount
    Skritt rider kitten mount.
    Kandy Korn king mount

• MyPuppy.8970MyPuppy.8970 Member ✭✭✭✭

A white winged unicorn.

• Saw another thread with some good ones for griffon. Figured if throw them in.
    Dragon (please be dye able)
    Branded wyvern
    Pegasus
    Steampunk.

• An Asura themed set please. Golems (with dye channels) would be fantastic!

• Fenom.9457Fenom.9457 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 said:
    I'd love to see a full set of Diesel/Steampunk mounts.

Bipedal Mech - Raptor

Malfunctioning Rocket boots - Springer

Hoverboard - Skimmer

Charr Car - Jackal

Jetpack - Griffon

This is great, is buy them all

HARRY! DIDYA PUT YER NAME IN DA GOBLET OF FIYAH?!

• lokh.2695lokh.2695 Member ✭✭✭✭

What powerful Necromancy is this?

I'd take any mountskin available as an ingame reward for doing ingame things. Doesn't have to be flashy, doesn't need any particle effects, trails or footprints. Maybe a second(or third) dye slot to the basic model, or the bassic model with some decorations/banners(with guild emblems or the symbols of other ingame factions). I'd love to see racial mounts, planty versions for sylvar, steampunky ones for char, magitech for asura, sturdier slightly bigger ones with bags and kegs strapped to them for norn and basic models with either fashionable/noble decorations or plated mounts for humans.

So many things...but again, I'd love to see it happen as a ingame reward but going from the expepriences made with gliders in this regard, the thought comes across more like wishful thinking than something that could actually happen...we'll see, prove me wrong Anet ;)

If you want X, and Y is needed to get get X, you also have to want Y if you really want X. If you don't want Y, you don't want X. It's easy.
    Pro: Build Templates, Dungeon Rework, UW content
    Contra: New Races, New Classes, New Weapons, Capes

• notebene.3190notebene.3190 Member ✭✭✭✭

Horse (Raptor)
    Pegasus (Griffon)

In the event I don't get a chance, thank you all for the company and help when I needed it from time to time.

• Hibiskus.8294Hibiskus.8294 Member ✭✭✭

For every mount at least 1 (or more) skin that change the apperance depending on wich race is riding it
    (plant raptor for sylvari, golem raptor for asura, etc., for every mount)...
    Better would be more than 1 apperance changing mount, different plants different materials....
    like cooking outfit and wedding outfit(more outfits like that would be cool)....and i still hope they make some gilders with the same concept, i would buy them.... <3

• Kako.1930Kako.1930 Member ✭✭✭

I would probably buy Branded mount skins if they became a thing. ;)

• Ubi.4136Ubi.4136 Member ✭✭✭✭

I likely will never buy a mount skin, cause I just don't really like them.
    That said, if they ever add a mount skin that is a chariot pulled by pocket raptors...that I would buy.

Lost in the Maguuma (TC)
    For the geographically challenged, yes, Tarnished Coast is located IN the Maguuma Jungle.

• Thornwolf.9721Thornwolf.9721 Member ✭✭✭✭

I want the canceled spider mount, imagine what cool skins that would get.

• Zedek.8932Zedek.8932 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 30, 2017

Haha, kinda funny that Theocraft just wrote what I was going to post myself: The Springer need to be a bit more self-confident.
    Right now, as cute as he is, and as much as I love him, he looks like his brain consists of large Nesquik balls (<- Really? Filtered?) of poo that rabbits and bunnies are, uh, "ejecting" or dropping. Eh. Hard not to trigger the filter and just write slang..

If he had fingers, I am sure he would also poke his finger up his nose and snort just judging from the look of him. He has cute emotes and sound effects, but right now he has a bit of a dull look and feel to me.

But that's just a very low priority thing. I love him, and the Springer is probably the only mount I'd spend money for.

Excelsior.

Excelsior, my name is Zedexx; Asuran Deadeye and assassin.
    The Hunter / 2x Darksteel Pistols / 2x Whisper's Secret Daggers and my Springer. That's all I need and trust.
    "We [Asura] are the concentrated magnificence!"

• Raven.1524Raven.1524 Member ✭✭✭

@Shirlias.8104 said:
    SAB mounts ofc

SAB is love, SAB is life~

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.