Mount Sharing?

I was just thinking how mount sharing would be an amazing idea and started wondering if Anet has the engine to do it. We see it in other mmos even in free to play ones.It would also be beneficial for anet.Imagine going to Metrica Province and taking a random free to play asura on a griffon ride, it would insentivise that said asura to go and buy PoF to fly as well.

• 1 year later...

Interesting, and if it wasn’t exploitable like people mentioned, I’d enjoy being able to share mount space with friends. Mainly as it would make some exploring fun, though I’d suggest limiting which mounts can be used.

A springer with two people would look silly, and the roller beetle you’d need like a motorcycle attachment. But raptor, griffin and jackal are good candidates.

It would be great to be able to cart an afk friend with you to the next spot but....if they remained afk would they still get credit for completing the event? Ie if you dismounted once at a world boss and they were on a ranger...I could see this being abused.

@BOAsnake.7401 said:

@Tasida.4085 said:So go play those games that have shared mounts. Otherwise leave GW2 as it is

Very useful response. Thumbs up!Keep doing what you're doing :*

The point being as this game is not like other MMO's, Some people just can't grasp that and want to make this game like every other one...

Edit: And why create another thread with a different title when there are like 10 other ones asking for the same thing?

I've always liked this idea, but there are a lot of loopholes that can cause people to exploit this concept and it would require a lot of effort to halt those things from happening. I don't know if Anet would put in the effort/funds to avoid that as the fact that they don't really benefit much from having mount sharing, if anything, it's actually a disadvantage to them.

Something to ponder though, potentially... a follow feature? Anyone have some feedback on that?

If I recall correctly mounts are described as them attaching your player character to another entity through a "joint" lets call it. They did show of a cool test footage of one of the devs controlling a hot wyvern by doing this. Going from this its not unreasonable to assume that a multi-person mount is quite doable. I imagin its somthing like the player becomes the "parent" for the mount when they spawn it. So a second player would be a "child" entity to the person controlling the mount allowing for them to tag along for the ride ;p