What is your favorite mode of game-play in GW2? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

What is your favorite mode of game-play in GW2?

kurfu.5623kurfu.5623 Member ✭✭✭
edited October 10, 2017 in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

What is your **favorite **mode of game-play in GW2?

This is my signature. It is not very exciting.

What is your favorite mode of game-play in GW2? 138 votes

Dungeons
3% 5 votes
Fractals
3% 5 votes
Raids
3% 5 votes
PvP
4% 6 votes
WvW
13% 19 votes
Open-world events & exploration
71% 98 votes

Comments

• I am an ultracasual. But pvp hands down. Ita the only thing that remotely feels like anything I do affects the outcome. Pve is now. Hit with stick, no concequences. Death good. More come. Armor broken? I can finish naked.

Pvp. " oh kitten nooooo I kitten up and now we lost lol"

There is more personal investment in pvp.

For me

• Makai.3429Makai.3429 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 10, 2017

Open world mostly, with some dungeons and T2/easy T4 fractals thrown in when I have the time. I liked PvP back in the day, but HoT ruined it for me. And I've had nothing but negative, toxic situations while trying to do raids.

Off to play games that reward strategy and thought. Farewell, Watch the Floor Simulator.

• Open World, and then after that, Fractals and Dungeons.

• Joxer.6024Joxer.6024 Member ✭✭✭

Raids but if I cant do them then open world/explore kinda stuffs for me and metas can be fun.

• Veprovina.4876Veprovina.4876 Member ✭✭✭

I like fractals, but also open world exploration and events and stuff. So both i guess.

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

Definitely open-world.

I love exploring in games, literally just letting myself roam around purely on impulse and see what I can find. It doesn't even have to be actual content - yesterday I found a cool place to get a screenshot of the sunrise/set from the top of a pillar in Elona (not sure which, I was a bit too dead to keep track of the time) and then later I found a random tree with lots of carrots and rabbits around it.

I like the idea of doing group content, but even with extremely casual laid-back groups I'm focusing much more on the intended task than I normally would. Back when Victory or Death was a 5-man story dungeon path 4 of my friends were kind enough to play it with me so I could finish the story and they were jokingly praising me for my self-control in staying on the airship the entire time. I was genuinely tempted to jump off - just to see what would happen. (After we beat Zhaitan I did jump off, and it turned out you could get under the dungeon and find his corpse in the water: https://i.imgur.com/zbcNCAq.jpg)

I like doing the story too, and I periodically find achievements or collections or whatever that interest me. Oh and I collect mini pets so ever since they started adding more into the actual game with HoT that's taken up a lot of my time.

I will occasionally do WvW and I've done about 20 PvP matches (and entered a tournament, but that's another story) but I could easily spend all my time in the open-world without a problem.

"You can run like a river, Till you end up in the sea,
    And you run till night is black, And keep on going in your dreams,
    And you know all the long while, It's the journey that you seek,
    It's the miles of moving forward, With the wind beneath your wings."

• Taygus.4571Taygus.4571 Member ✭✭✭

Open world. It's the least stressful to me.

I'm not even much of a fan of story instances. They take too long.

I like events and seeing lots of people around. It makes the world feel alive.

• Open world for me as well. I enjoy being able to explore at my own pace. I'd love to do dungeons/fractals but I have no one to do them with and I'm not a super hardcore player. I don't have all the fancy ascended gear neither, costs too bloody much to make and with the time gate I just get bored and forget where I left off in crafting and just give up lol.

• TheOrlyFactor.8341TheOrlyFactor.8341 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 11, 2017

Open world for me. I'm not against doing dungeons or fractals or even raids but when it comes to more group oriented content I want to do those with either friends or a guild. I don't hate myself enough to PUG group content.

I'm not competitive so I don't do PvP or WvW and likely will never step foot in those areas until the community toxicity gets cleaned up a fair bit (which won't happen so I'll stick with open world/PvE content).

Asura fanatic.
    World's largest Zojja fan.
    Illconceived Was Na fanboy.

• Torolan.5816Torolan.5816 Member ✭✭✭

Open world. I like to play wvw too.

• Kheldorn.5123Kheldorn.5123 Member ✭✭✭✭

My tryhard days are long gone and forgotten. I enjoy open world, especially in PoF I enjoy big events like in HoT and from time to time I do fractals. I think the game could stand out as pure open world experience if they comminted 100% of effort into it. At least then GW2 would be different to other mmos.

• Zaltys.7649Zaltys.7649 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 11, 2017

PvE.
    Nobody seems interested in running the introductory fractals so I've never completed any of those (beyond trying to solo the first one, where I couldn't beat the boss).

Couldn't care less about PvP and I only do WvW for the reward tracks, though I find it extremely boring.

• Fantasy.5321Fantasy.5321 Member ✭✭✭

Open world PvE. It's so well-made in GW2 I just can't get into other MMOs to grind dungeons again.

• Feanor.2358Feanor.2358 Member ✭✭✭✭

As much as I enjoy dungeons and fractals, raids simply offer better gameplay. More varied, better refined, more mechanics, more challenge.

• maddoctor.2738maddoctor.2738 Member ✭✭✭✭

Why are Fractals and Dungeons separate?

• Im sure this will get a lot of votes being as how this isn't in the PvP or WvW forums. You should make an identical post and put it in each of those forums and see the results.

• from this list, I'd say open world, although i do enjoy WvW aswell at times when there is a good commander.
    you forgot to add "activities", i have always liked sanctum sprint, aspect arena (pls come back) and a couple of the holiday activities (mostly the jp's)

• Exploration in GW2, best exploration. And it got even better with mounts.

• Samnang.1879Samnang.1879 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 11, 2017

Well it goes in this order:

It used to be wvw, after completing most of core tyria stuff, i mostly wvw'ed and then went on a hiatus, came back and started loving fractals, then another hiatus. I came back for HoT, and was obsessed with Raids, i spent all day in raid, i live in raids. i went for a hiatus again.
    Pvp - it's a love hate situation. I hate it when i'm losing. but love it when i'm winning. i hate when the scores are close... like it makes me stressed and have to press buttons harder.

open world content... well... isn't this why we all play mmo? lmao...

Anet: give us in-game customizable human NPC companion please
    Please, no more balance changes, or at least reset our gears so we don't have to waste gold changing gears every time.
    Please have option to not receive bloodstone dusts, empyreal fragments, dragonite etc

• Ohoni.6057Ohoni.6057 Member ✭✭✭✭

Open world. I hate having to wait around for other people or to place the burden of waiting for me onto others. I just like content where I can show up, have fun, and leave entirely on my own time table. I really resent how much has been locked behind raiding.

• The sPvP is the biggest draw for me. The PvE content doesn't really necessitate much skill as enemy mob AI is pretty bad (unlike GW1 where mobs had player-available skills, which required a bit more build strategy depending on the area - this is not as distinct in GW2 where mobs mostly auto-attack). I can't speak for raids as I haven't experienced that content yet. I do generally like farming meta events and doing LS / Story content in PvE as well. I find WvW to be my least favorite content type as you seem to aimlessly roam and then unintelligibly zerg other mobs. WvW, while an interesting idea in concept, is one of the most unfulfilling game modes I have ever experienced in any MMO. I also wish there was more lore to the maps and concept as it's essentially just a generic "War In The Mists" with very little narrative context.

• killermanjaro.5670killermanjaro.5670 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 11, 2017

Open world stuff for me. It's casual and laid back which suits me perfectly, I can play how I want and run whatever gear/build I enjoy.

Plus there's plenty of variety for whatever mood I'm in. I can do my own thing solo, I create/join a squad and go do a meta or world boss run, do a gathering run, or just chill out overlooking some nice scenery while chatting to other players.

• Interesting poll! It definitely reveals the most interest in the game from this forum.

I voted WvW myself. It's a true end game mode imo and I play it nearly 90% of the time.

• MidnightX.6294MidnightX.6294 Member ✭✭✭

you missed the option to vote for roleplay. :angry:

Nothing to see here - move along.

• Taygus.4571Taygus.4571 Member ✭✭✭

@Spurnshadow.3678 said:
    Im sure this will get a lot of votes being as how this isn't in the PvP or WvW forums. You should make an identical post and put it in each of those forums and see the results.

Putting it in pvp tho...would most likely mean most votes would go to pvp.
    Same goes for wvw.

Its too biased.

The best place for this poll is general discussions and reddit.
    And then combine the results.

• Jwake.7013Jwake.7013 Member ✭✭✭

I chose Open World cause that's what got me into this game and I do love the story. However I enjoy splitting my time around quite a bit now so I don't get bored. Play just as much WvW as I do Open pve, a tiny bit of Fractals and PvP in there as well mixed in.

"Freedom is something that you need to actively acquire. It's not something that's given with no strings attached. To be free means to take responsibility, and to prepare yourself for what's to come." ~Charles Beams~

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.