Forum Signatures [merged] - Page 3 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Forum Signatures [merged]

13>

Answers

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

I think signatures unlock with Veteran rank and the rank is time-gated. Since it's been 30 days since this forum opened and a whole bunch of people reached the rank together. Especially since there doesn't seem to be any consistency in the number of thumbs up/helpful or badges those people have got, or the number of posts they've made.

Danielle Aurorel - Desolation EU. Mini Collector.

"In this town, we call home, everyone hail to the pumpkin song! In this town, don't we love it now? Everyone's waiting for the next surprise!"

• Endless Soul.5178Endless Soul.5178 Member ✭✭✭✭

Aww I have my old signature back. :)

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Bekka | Akee | Feyyt | Nuumy | Tylee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Sixx | Claara | Conii | Jymm | Synn | Zeena

Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade but your soul is endless

• @Gaile Gray.6029 said:
    FYI: Signatures are not tied to the Veteran Rank. There are two things going on over the last 48 hours: Changes to signature settings and the attainment of the Veteran rank by certain members. In order to make it consistent and fair across all languages, and to avoid taking away signatures already in place in other languages, those at Member rank in a specific forum now will be able to create signatures. Veterancy, on the other hand, relates to join date, to the approbation of members (that is, they've given your posts a thumbs up or a helpful reaction), and to how many helpful and constructive posts a member has made.

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding, but is member ranking based on the forum as a whole or on a specific forum (such as General Discussion, Lore, etc.)?

"Beware those who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master."
    Tempest, Spellbreaker, Mirage, Scourge
    [AGNY] - Eternal Agony Guild, Sanctum of Rall

• @Manasa Devi.7958 said:

@Hana.8143 said:
    Signatures are truly the most needed feature on the forum indeed.
    "Lvl 80 : Thief X I Kill You X / Scourge X Why U Melting Bro X / Spellbreaker Xx Turtle Warrior E P Xx"
    Such usefull informations ! :P

I can't wait until the "Hide signatures always" option that I enabled on day one will actually start suppressing signatures. It will be so delightful!

And it so happens that today is that glorious day! Praise be!

• edited October 11, 2017

UnbentMars -- Forum as a whole. We don't discriminate about where someone chooses to participate on a particular language-based forum. Members earn rank based on participation in the sub-forums of their choice in a particular language. But if someone is bi-lingual and chooses to post in, for example English and another language, they will rank up separately in the two forums: EN and FR, DE, or ES.

I updated my post to clarify. Thanks for asking.

Gaile Gray
    Communications Manager: ArenaNet
    Fansite & Guild Relations; In-Game Events; Community Showcase Live

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

Are rank points available for praising Joko? If not that feels like an oversight

Praise Joko!

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• Menadena.7482Menadena.7482 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Manasa Devi.7958 said:

@Manasa Devi.7958 said:

@Hana.8143 said:
    Signatures are truly the most needed feature on the forum indeed.
    "Lvl 80 : Thief X I Kill You X / Scourge X Why U Melting Bro X / Spellbreaker Xx Turtle Warrior E P Xx"
    Such usefull informations ! :P

I can't wait until the "Hide signatures always" option that I enabled on day one will actually start suppressing signatures. It will be so delightful!

And it so happens that today is that glorious day! Praise be!

Until someone does a CSS hack to override the default text setting of the text box here. Not that I am giving anyone ideas. :)

New to the game? Feel free to give a yell if you need PVE help.

• @Gaile Gray.6029 said:
    UnbentMars -- Forum as a whole. We don't discriminate about where someone chooses to participate on a particular language-based forum. Members earn rank based on participation in the sub-forums of their choice in a particular language. But if someone is bi-lingual and chooses to post in, for example English and another language, they will rank up separately in the two forums: EN and FR, DE, or ES.

I updated my post to clarify. Thanks for asking.

Thanks for the clarification Gaile!

Side note: Gaile referred to me by name?? Dream come true! I can get downed repeatedly in peace now

"Beware those who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master."
    Tempest, Spellbreaker, Mirage, Scourge
    [AGNY] - Eternal Agony Guild, Sanctum of Rall

• OH MY GOSH. I checked in and got the notification: "congratz, you're a veteran!" (paraphrased) and I was... so happy. That, and the embedding images thread.

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:
    Hey guys,

While signatures are available for many of you now, we'd like to let you know that we anticipate that signatures will be standard text. Lonami kindly pointed out that the new signature block for their account was wonky, and it definitely is. As it turns out, disabling heading text on the signatures would involve disabling heading text on the content, too. And as you can imagine, we quite like having headings on the new forums because they enhance things like update notes, so we don't want to give up that option for possible edge cases with too-large signatures. So....

Please use standard forum text for signatures.

If someone uses larger text (through heading options) the moderators will be asking them to change to standard text. I'd like to reduce the time wasted handling those situations by asking for everyone's cooperation. If signatures are standard text, all is well. Thanks!

What about changing the color of a link in your sig to make it look like link? (Like my sig below) Is that okay?

• OriOri.8724OriOri.8724 Member ✭✭✭✭

Eyy signatures. Not that I really wanted one in the first place but neat

Eyyyy I unlocked signatures

• Malediktus.9250Malediktus.9250 Member ✭✭✭✭

Can you make the signature font size slightly larger? I need to use magnifying glasses to read them

• @Randulf.7614 said:
    Are rank points available for praising Joko? If not that feels like an oversight

Praise Joko!

Don't give me ideas. :p

Gaile Gray
    Communications Manager: ArenaNet
    Fansite & Guild Relations; In-Game Events; Community Showcase Live

• LUST.7241LUST.7241 Member ✭✭✭

Congrats on the signatures, veterans!
    Now about unlocking mail... :3

All my alts are just storage for my Engi.

• Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 11, 2017

@LUST.7241 said:

Do you mean PMs? Those were unlocked with Member status, I believe. Have you tried sending a mail?

Sorry, got my ranks mixed up. Edited for clarity.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@LUST.7241 said:

Do you mean PMs? Those were unlocked with Veteran status, I believe. Have you tried sending a mail?

Just wondering if Veteran status is the right call. If rank is based on age, then I don't see a problem for those who send PMs. Thanks for sending mail to test!

• No problem. I edited my post to reflect that it is/was 'Member' status, instead of Veteran. It's early for me. Lol.

• sephiroth.4217sephiroth.4217 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 11, 2017

How did everyone all of a sudden become 3 star members with signatures unlocked? What's the deal with that and how do I unlock it? Obviously it's not by spending thousands of dollars on the game or from introducing people to the game so I can assume it's a Facebook sort of deal where you have to farm likes?

Not to brag, but I put together a puzzle in 4 days and the box said 2-4 years.
    Please allow team queue with rewards again at our own discretion.
    06210311 251521 121512

edited October 11, 2017

@sephiroth.4217 said:
    How did everyone all of a sudden become 3 star members with signatures unlocked? What's the deal with that and how do I unlock it? Obviously it's not by spending thousands of dollars on the game or from introducing people to the game

Time-gated. We got it mysteriously because we been here.

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:
    You're sort of right, Palador, but folks "ranking up" -- such as yourself, happened due to anniversary times within the system, which is (and was) configured properly in all languages.

edited October 11, 2017

@LUST.7241 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:
    How did everyone all of a sudden become 3 star members with signatures unlocked? What's the deal with that and how do I unlock it? Obviously it's not by spending thousands of dollars on the game or from introducing people to the game

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:
    You're sort of right, Palador, but folks "ranking up" -- such as yourself, happened due to anniversary times within the system, which is (and was) configured properly in all languages.

That doesn't make sense as I'd signed up the very day these forums were released I'm pretty sure, if it's in game then I've been around 4 years and 10 months now on a daily basis with 8 thousand hours clocked?

giphy.gif

.... cant even do a crying gif lmao, im gunna go kill myself now

06210311 251521 121512

• Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 12, 2017

@sephiroth.4217 said:

One month since first accessing the forum for Veteran, I believe. Signatures were just turned on? Fuzzy details on what, or if, there are requirements.

One official post states 'Veteran' status is required for signatures. https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/386/forum-help-how-do-i

Another official post states 'Veteran' status has no bearing on signatures. https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/191998/#Comment_191998 It seems this post, that said:
    "@Gaile Gray.6029 said:
    FYI: Signatures are not tied to the Veteran Rank. There are two things going on over the last 48 hours: Changes to signature settings and the attainment of the Veteran rank by certain members. In order to make it consistent and fair across all languages, and to avoid taking away signatures already in place in other languages, those at Member rank in a specific forum now will be able to create signatures. Veterancy, on the other hand, relates to join date, to the approbation of members (that is, they've given your posts a thumbs up or a helpful reaction), and to how many helpful and constructive posts a member has made." has been removed.
    Perhaps we are back to signatures being tied to Veteran status.

It's confusing, to be sure.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@LUST.7241 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:

That doesn't make sense as I'd signed up the very day these forums were released I'm pretty sure, if it's in game then I've been around 4 years and 10 months now on a daily basis with 8 thousand hours clocked?

giphy.gif

First day was September 12th?
    I stalked you a bit and saw your first comment was September 13th. You'll get it tomorrow or soon!

@LUST.7241 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@LUST.7241 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:

giphy.gif

First day was September 12th?
    I stalked you a bit and saw your first comment was September 13th. You'll get it tomorrow or soon!

Ooooh that must be our timezone difference, I'm in Australia.

06210311 251521 121512

• synk.6907synk.6907 Member ✭✭

Gee, guess I have to grind the forum for my signature mastery.

have fun and be excellent to one another

• costepj.5120costepj.5120 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 11, 2017

Just want to test the signature option ...

It works; thanks Gaile!

So long and thanks for all the Skritt

• @synk.6907 said:
    Gee, guess I have to grind the forum for my signature mastery.

Nope, you'll need 10 jintillion XP points to master that.
    :p

"For the Panini!" // NA (USA)/Ehmry Bay/[EBAY]
    Main character--Runa Xandrill, Level 80 Female Human Dragonhunter

• StinVec.3621StinVec.3621 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 15, 2017

Interesting.

Regarding 'Veteran':
    My first post was made on September 12th at 9:39PM (I believe it displays in my local time for me).

According to math, and this helpful site, 30 days from that post should have been Thursday, October 12, 2017 at 9:39:00 PM.

It is now 5:09 AM on Friday, October 13, 2017 and 'Veteran' status was not applied to my forum account.

This leads me to believe that either something more than 30 days from your first post is required, or that there may be an issue of 'Veteran' status not properly being assigned for some members. (If it didn't properly for me then it is likely there are or will be others as well)

I do not think I am in error, and I believe I've followed the discussion properly to reach the conclusion that only 30 days from your first post is required and not a certain 'helpful' or 'thumbs up' amount as well (of which I currently have 12 and 24 of respectively). Perhaps it does also require having at least 'X' Thumbs Up?

Regarding Signature unlock:
    I have seen one or two with only 'Member' status and not 'Veteran' who have signature unlocked, so it does seem to not be tied to having 'Veteran' status. They also have 5 badges due to many thumbs up (108 and 79 atm), so signature seems to be reliant on acquiring 5 badges. This might explain why I've not unlocked a signature, but not for why I did not acquire 'Veteran' status due to it being beyond 30 days since my first comment.

If I am mistaken on something, I welcome enlightenment by those that may be interested in helping me to understand this.

• Edit: the forum redirect breaks the specific time and date link with the values entered, but they can be manually entered again to verify if desired.
    • Another edit: Apparently I do have signature unlocked as now I can create one, but there was no notification of having achieved this capability. Apparently signature unlock does not require 5 badges (I have 4), 25+thumbs up (I have 24), or even 'Veteran' status (as I am still 'Member'). I'm quite confused.
    • Update: At the time of this edit, it has been 30 days, 14 hours and 30 minutes since my first comment was made and Veteran has still not been awarded. My state of confusion regarding Veteran awarding requirments persists.
    • Update: Another day beyond 30 without Veteran status granted. I now believe that this is tied to having any 5 badges, likely in addition to the 30 days after your first comment requirement. Sadly, this requirement would likely just lead to 'Reaction' farming to get 5 badges after having acquired the 'easy' ones gained via normal forum use. Oh well. Thankfully signatures are not tied to gaining this badge, so it's just another badge that can be ignored instead of being a blocker to normal forum functionality.

WOW - Done with forums for good now! - Someone creates a thread about Pharus's light on crit effect asking if it is a bug - I get warned for being "off topic" for commenting how to use the search and pointing out threads discussing Pharus and it being an intended effect... Goodbye all. Happy gaming.

• Lonami.2987Lonami.2987 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 14, 2017

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:
    Hey guys,

While signatures are available for many of you now, we'd like to let you know that we anticipate that signatures will be standard text. Lonami kindly pointed out that the new signature block for their account was wonky, and it definitely is. As it turns out, disabling heading text on the signatures would involve disabling heading text on the content, too. And as you can imagine, we quite like having headings on the new forums because they enhance things like update notes, so we don't want to give up that option for possible edge cases with too-large signatures. So....

Please use standard forum text for signatures.

If someone uses larger text (through heading options) the moderators will be asking them to change to standard text. I'd like to reduce the time wasted handling those situations by asking for everyone's cooperation. If signatures are standard text, all is well. Thanks!

No need to disable options, give your web team a call and tell them to edit the .css file. Something like this would fix it:

.UserSignature {font-size:12px;}
    .UserSignature h1 {font-size:14px;}
    .UserSignature h2 {font-size:13px;}

Or if you want no visual differences for signature headers:

.UserSignature {font-size:14px;}
    .UserSignature h2 {font-size:14px;}

Right now, the font for normal text is 11px, which is unreadable. 12px and 14px look better. Consider that normal body font is at 16px right now. It's a simple change, I'm sure they'll understand the problem if you show them the above directly :).

• As far as I know, there are only two features locked for the forums, neither of which is directly gated by "badges":

• Signatures: locked by "veteran" status, which is apparently one month (30 days?) after the first post made on the forums. (Indirect gate: First Post.)
    • Initiating Private Messages: locked by "member" status, which is apparently 3 days after the first post and also requires at least 5 total posts. (Same indirect gate.)

I don't know of anything that unlocks with any other 'badge' nor for having 5 or 8 or 10 badges (I think 10 might be the most anyone has so far).
    (I'll be happy to update this list if anyone has other examples.)

Hype is the path to the dark side. Hype leads to unfulfilled expectations. Disappointment leads to anger. Anger leads to disgust. Disgust leads to "oh, new shinies! I'm back!"

edited October 31, 2017

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:
    As far as I know, there are only two features locked for the forums, neither of which is directly gated by "badges":

• Signatures: locked by "veteran" status, which is apparently one month (30 days?) after the first post made on the forums. (Indirect gate: First Post.)
    • Initiating Private Messages: locked by "member" status, which is apparently 3 days after the first post and also requires at least 5 total posts. (Same indirect gate.)

I don't know of anything that unlocks with any other 'badge' nor for having 5 or 8 or 10 badges (I think 10 might be the most anyone has so far).
    (I'll be happy to update this list if anyone has other examples.)

I've been noting my observations on this matter a few posts above.
    The gist is that I have signature unlocked, but I do not have Veteran status despite it having already been over 32 days since my first comment. Based on this, I think that Veteran may require 5 badges in addition to 30 days from first post to be awarded as I have not seen anyone with Veteran yet that has fewer than 5 and I have only 4 currently. I expect if/when I get a 5th (from 50 thumbs up or helpfuls), Veteran will finally unlock for me.

(Also on your last note: post edit time made unlimited is tied to Member status as well as private message access. It isn't exactly 'locked', but it's limited until that rank is gained. Not sure if it is worth noting in your list.)

EDIT: Another note

• Veteran Status was awarded to me a few hours after my 100th comment was made (48 days, 15 hours, 43 minutes after my first comment was made at a time when I was asleep and not on the forums.
    • I was at 38 helpful and 39 thumbs up, so it was unlikely related to them.
    • However, I see others with Veteran who only have ~30 comments made so it seems to also not be related to number of comments made.

WOW - Done with forums for good now! - Someone creates a thread about Pharus's light on crit effect asking if it is a bug - I get warned for being "off topic" for commenting how to use the search and pointing out threads discussing Pharus and it being an intended effect... Goodbye all. Happy gaming.

• Menadena.7482Menadena.7482 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Lonami.2987 said:
    .UserSignature h2 {font-size:13px;}

A million accessibility people just screamed at you.

New to the game? Feel free to give a yell if you need PVE help.

• Ashamir.9574Ashamir.9574 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 23, 2017

My first post was made on September 12th, I made 37 posts, have 6 badges... and I am still rank 2 and can't have a signature.
    So if I wanna have a signature I have to spam the forum with more posts? Comment on random stuff? Fish for upvotes/helpfulls?
    I want at least some transparency on this. Atm it's just this pseudo-mysterious thing where it will automatically unlock once Rytlock farts loud enough. This is isn't funny, or a surprise, it just feels either buggy as hell or if somebody is randomly asigning those ranks.

edited December 23, 2017

@Ashamir.9574 said:
    My first post was made on September 12th, I made 37 posts, have 6 badges... and I am still rank 2 and can't have a signature.
    So if I wanna have a signature I have to spam the forum with more posts? Comment on random stuff? Fish for upvotes/helpfulls?
    I want at least some transparency on this. Atm it's just this pseudo-mysterious thing where it will automatically unlock once Rytlock farts loud enough. This is isn't funny, or a surprise, it just feels either buggy as hell or if somebody is randomly asigning those ranks.

Apparently you can have a signature with still being Member (rank 2) and it does not require Veteran (rank 3).

As I noted in my observations in some prior comments avove, I was still Member rank and I found that I could add a signature. I wasn't alerted to this unlocked ability in any way.

You may be able to add a signature despite not having been alerted that you unlocked that ability.

Have you attempted to add a signature via the Preferences > Signature Settings area? It may accept your signature addition if you were stealth given the ability.

edit:
    As for why you have not attained Veteran (rank 3) yet, observations I noted above in other comments support your idea that it may actually be manually awarded by someone behind the scenes as there is no consistency to the state of user accounts when that rank is granted (even awarded while sleeping with no change to elements of a user's account).

• Ashamir.9574Ashamir.9574 Member ✭✭✭

@StinVec.3621
    Indeed, I can change my signature. I've no idea when that sneaked in since I wasn't really active here for like a month and last I checked it I deifnitely couldn't edit a signature.
    This is just... yeah, I didn't expect it to change out of the blue (?)
    Thank you for your help and have a Merry Christmas (if you celebrate it) :)

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.