Posting pictures on the forum

K THEN.5162

Here is step-by-step what you need to do:

1. Upload the image to https://imgur.com/
  2. Right-click on your uploaded image and choose "Copy image address"
  3. In your forum-post click the image symbol and past the address

The forum only works with links of images. The normal imgur link is to imgur's website, not to the image. You can check if you got the correct link by looking at the ending. Example: https://i.imgur.com/OijXd3k.jpg ends with ".jpg". A direct link of an image always ends with the file identifier.

Good luck. Here is a diving Moa:Diving Moa

• 3 years later...

@"Arana.6498" said:NOthing is working is there a video you can post about this?

Make sure it ends with .jpg when you post the link. On imgur, that means right clicking on image and then choosing "open image in new tab", or "view image" or something like that. Then it opens just the image, not the imgur link. That is what you post in the IMG thing in forums.

@Arana.6498 said:Nothing is working is there a video you can post about this?

Did you actually read the instructions found in the entry post under this link:

1. Upload an image on Imgur.
  2. Right-click the image and select "View image". Copy the link from the browser's address bar.
  3. Go to the GW2 forums und select the picture icon above the text box. Insert the link.
  4. Done.

When I paste the imgur link into a browser first, I cut the the bracketed bits off the beginning and end then paste it into the forums image section or it never works

So

• upload to imgur
  • Select option for forums link
  • Paste into a separate browser tab
  • Remove the bracketed ends
  • Paste into gw2 forums in the image link in your posts formatting options

@"Randulf.7614" said:It isn't unnecessary becaise it works perfectly for me ;)

Okay, perhaps that wasn't well phrased by me. My apology. I just wanted to point out that it is complicating things as it includes additional steps that can be prevented by simply pasting the image link into the "Insert image" field here on the forum. It then creates a working image all by itself.

• 7 months later...
25 minutes ago, Zhaid Zhem.6508 said:

Guys.

Where is the "picture icon above the text box." I can't find how to post picture since the forum update.

Posting images was disabled on this new version of the forum a few days after they launched it.  No explanation was given as to why despite several threads asking about it.

• Like 1