Squad merging to troll people

paddystar.2879

@DakotaCoty.5721 said:

@Benjamin Arnold.3457 said:I have some ideas thanks to a player report. I'm going to try to repro this again next time I'm in office.

I thought you stated in a previous thread that you would fix this in the 'next' hotfix? Did something happen or am I misremembering what you said.

That was the change for adding a confirmation when merging parties with squads, specifically to stop fractal trolling, which is now live. Other merge types follow different code paths and have different associated design concerns and differences.

@Benjamin Arnold.3457 said:

@DakotaCoty.5721 said:

@Benjamin Arnold.3457 said:I have some ideas thanks to a player report. I'm going to try to repro this again next time I'm in office.

I thought you stated in a previous thread that you would fix this in the 'next' hotfix? Did something happen or am I misremembering what you said.

That was the change for adding a confirmation when merging parties with squads, specifically to stop fractal trolling, which is now live. Other merge types follow different code paths and have different associated design concerns and differences.

Ah okay! Thank you for the reply, I assumed it was across the board - my mistake.

• 5 months later...

Today during RIBA and chest run my squad suddenly merged with another squad. The other leader accused me of merging the groups and told me he "checked the squad's history" to confirm that I did. I told him I was busy fighting a leg. at red when he told me I merged the groups. Is any of this even possible b/c I did not merge the groups. Can squad members merge groups or only commanders/lieutenants? There was no confirmation message given to me, my squad just suddenly surged from 30 to 50 people. Thanks for any info. I don't want this to happen again.

@"Felonia Stardust.7851" said:Today during RIBA and chest run my squad suddenly merged with another squad. The other leader accused me of merging the groups and told me he "checked the squad's history" to confirm that I did. I told him I was busy fighting a leg. at red when he told me I merged the groups. Is any of this even possible b/c I did not merge the groups. Can squad members merge groups or only commanders/lieutenants? There was no confirmation message given to me, my squad just suddenly surged from 30 to 50 people. Thanks for any info. I don't want this to happen again.

When your squad is set to "everyone can join" any random troll in your squad can merge it. The raging kid accusing you of anything is lying and don't bother with him.

• 2 weeks later...

While we're on the subject, there is also the issue that even if a player does the right thing and leaves the party, if he was the only other person, it disbands the party and LFG. So if you get a bunch of indecisive LFG shoppers it's like a train of unwanted merges and disbands forcing you to relist in LFG over and over. There should be a party leader for the purpose of assembling a group, and only the leader should be able to merge or disband.

@Leablo.2651 said:While we're on the subject, there is also the issue that even if a player does the right thing and leaves the party, if he was the only other person, it disbands the party and LFG. So if you get a bunch of indecisive LFG shoppers it's like a train of unwanted merges and disbands forcing you to relist in LFG over and over. There should be a party leader for the purpose of assembling a group, and only the leader should be able to merge or disband.

I agree, the LFG originator should have control over merges. A simple lock/unlock icon would be nice.

• 2 years later...

3 years later this is STILL happening.you try to be helpful and organise stuff... and some troll merges 40 players into your squad. People in a different map doing something irrelevant. So you have to disband the squad and start over. Makes me wonder why I bother trying to help people in this game.It should not be possible to merge a load of players into a squad without the commander clicking OK. Obviously. They are only doing it to annoy other people that are trying to be helpful.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...